PDA

View Full Version : free money, ammo and about everything else ..

jwmc1971
10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
first , find the slaver camp . its located seven squares from the leftside of the map to right ( on the line of the last square going right ) roughly 5 squares down from the top . on the map at that point youll see a sort of square outline in white around the camp . the place is called paradise falls . youll know your at the right place cuz youll see a huge bobs big boy holding an ice cream cone .

ok , to get in youll have to complete a slaver task , using a special gun to enslave 4 people . only one is needed to get in . once inside speak to Eulogy , the head pimp in charge , buy his girl clover as follower . then walk around the camp till a guy in a leather vest and white t-shirt runs up to you .

he will say shit like your so bad ass , take this stuff we found on the last mission . keep hitting the A button and he will give you ammo , stims and caps . also food items and other medical stuff . i did this for an hour ( boring ) , but he gave me over 2000 caps , 400 rounds of shotty ammo ( use with the terrible shotgun ! ) 100 stims packs and about a 1000 caps worth of food . so much i was overweight .
get all you can while you can . this guy disappeared on me later .

also , you can get the rescue from paradise and strictly business achvs here . an easy way to get the rescue and still use the camp for a place to sell/buy stuff is use the cash from the guy in there to pay off Eulogy to get he kids out . i think around 2000 or 3000 grand does it . also once you finish the strictly one you could just kill all those guys to get good karma . then you let the slaves loose . then go inside the slave house and remove the collars from your victims . i have spoiled a lot here so i wont tell you which one stays and which ones head explodes ...haha .:uzi:

one more tip for cash and reselling stuff . if your trader has crap for money , and you have cash and a full inventory , have him repair all your stuff . then he has $$$ , the sell him whatevers the most weight and so on . you will get back all your cash and more this way . repairing your own stuff will also relieve you of the weight your carrying and make the item more valuable .

PanchoJoshi
10-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Sweet, thanks for the tip.

But i assume your karma has to be bad?

jwmc1971
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
im not sure , the only time ive come across a spot where karma came into play was a certain follower wouldnt go with you while you were evil .

F Stumbleduck
10-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Jericho in Megaton won't go with you unless you're evil.

jwmc1971
10-18-2008, 01:22 AM
theres more than one thats effected by karma .

Deekstar
10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Butch from rivet city (vault 101) if you decide too open the vault via sabotage only goes with you if you are a bad guy and one of the brotherhood of steel members you can recruit seems too require good karma.

Deek

DFB 1708
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
I am just wondering what the best way is to make caps (well you know money). I have loads of stuff which is all together around 15000+ Caps value but I can't sell it because shopowners don't have any caps.

Are there any other ways to make caps?

TehAdz
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Drink lots of Nuka Cola?

Shinobi273
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Drink lots of Nuka Cola?

Hahahaha

Seriously though, just sell things you get while exploring the wastes.

Akalabeth
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Slaves every fight with humans zap the last one and hand em' a collar.

xmadrussianx
11-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I've been looking through the threads and noticed a lot of people looking for a good way to get money. Here you go:

Items needed: Two 10mm SubMachine guns. One needs to be in really good condition and one has to be in a very low condition.

What to do:
-Save
-Go to any seller.
-Spend as much money as you can on ammo and other stuff you need.
-Sell both guns (in my game the fixed one sold for 147 caps and broken for 10 caps).
-Buy back the broken one which is now 28 caps.
-Sell back the broken one for 10 caps.
-Buy back the broken one again for 28 caps.
-You will notice that it just became FIXED! Sell for 147
-Buy for 28
-Sell for 147
-Buy for 28

(This works best if the seller has not weapons in the list above the 10mm)

MAKE MILLIONS! Enjoy.

Outline
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Meh.

Legit is so much more fun.

xmadrussianx
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Legit is more fun. That I agree with. This is just for the people that keep crying for more Caps. People can play however they want in my book.

CUTNMUFFINZ
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I'll have to give that a try! Thanks!

ITD Soldierboy
11-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I have around 5,000 Caps, have everything bought for my house, so I never have to spend anything to heal my self, unless I'm surrounded by enemies. What I do is I find raiders and kill them, and if you have the Lawbringer perk, you can snap off their fingers, and sell them to the Regulators for 10 caps.
Theres a ghoul in the Northwest Seneca station that will buy SugarBombs off you for 15 caps(30 if you get successful in your speech), and when I kill anything, I raid their bodies, and then sell the stuff to Moira in Megaton. I can purchase stuff from her at a discounted price, and I can sell stuff to her for more than when I first met her because I told her that writing the Survival Guide was a waste of time.
In the North East of the Capital Wasteland, you'll have to kill Giant RadScorpians, which have 4 sting glands at 30 caps each.

Plus when you drink Nuka-Cola, you get a cap, and if you have not yet completed the Nuka-Cola challenge yet, you can sell Nuka-Cola Quantams to a lady in Girdeshade, and get 40 caps each. Or you can sell them to Ronald for 40-80(if your successful in speech) to him, for him to give them to the lady, so he'll be able to "Plow Her Bean Field."

jakekh1983
11-07-2008, 12:25 PM
It works I just got tired of doing it around 2000 caps. Thanks for the tip!

Warlikegorilla
11-13-2008, 09:54 AM
wow... i just reached paradise falls (my karma is Very Evil - Pirate of the wastes)

and a guy comes up to me, a slaver.. he does not have a name he's just called slaver :p

so he tells me.. a badass like you deserves a cut of everything around here and gives me 12 caps... so i talk to him again and he gives me another 12 caps, so i kept on talking to him for like 10 times and he kept gaving me caps and stimpacks :eek:

i dont know what the hells up here, i guess he'll give u unlimited money and items if u keep on talking to him...

im not gonna keep clicking him for money, but i bet some of you guys would love to get free money :p

Outline
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Money isn't hard to come by and 12 caps isn't much for the monotony of talking to an NPC over and over.

Oroku
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Hello, I am just looking for some basic help with Fallout.

What I mainly need is, if any one knows any good ways of getting caps, or any places that you can find A LOT of them. I have spent most all of my time exploring the world, and finding bobble heads, that kind of thing, but no matter how much stuff I sell, by the time I repair my things, and get some ammo, I am broke again.

Also, I know that things would be a little easier if I had some better equipment, so I would also like to know were I can find some good guns, and armor.

I am at level eleven, I am wearing combat armor, and mainly use a combat shotgun or chines assault rifle, so any thing better than those would be vary helpful. If it helps you at all to know, I am focused on small guns, and I have not progressed the story enough to get power armor training.

Thank you for any and all help.

Jiga.Puzzle.5
12-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Your on the right path you can earn larger amounts of money by just selling Drugs,Cigs,and food.To find alot of caps put on the Fortune Finder Perk which raises your changes of finds alot of caps 60-200 most of the time.Pick on any ammo on your find on dead NPC's or metal boxes it's best to keep alot on hand since you will be changing guns ALOT.Also get your repair skill to max so you dont have to spend money on repairing your stuff.(to repair stuff find any version of that weapon you can repair a combat knife with a combat knife.).I'v followed these steps and have over 15000 caps and only spend money on stuff I want,and stimpaks.

its delicious
12-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Repair to the max, and sell the weapons you don't use. There's a balance to when you should sell items. Two rifles repaired to 80% will fetch more money than one rifle at 100%.

There are quests in which you get paid for collecting items. After disarming the bomb in Megaton, you can sell scrap metal to Walter. You gets caps *and* XP.

Sell cigarettes and booze. I wouldn't sell food, because you can use it lieu of stimpacks.

Valfor
12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
In Arlington Library there's an NPC that buy pre-war books for a good price too, but in my case most of the money i got from selling scrap metal

the_b1ues
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Just search search and search. Best thing to do in this game will find so many caps and other helpful items.

Kurb_Stompz
12-31-2008, 11:03 PM
I just started the game and i have evil karma. I want Jericho in Megaton to be my follower but he is telling me to get 1000 caps! where in the world do i get 1000 caps quickly so i can make him my follower.

M49907
01-01-2009, 02:30 AM
getting caps isnt that hard if you just save them up by repairing your own items and only buying ammo that is rare. I never buy ammo because I find most of it and have massive ammounts for most of my guns. I am wondering if there is a good place to find .44 rounds for my revolver and that rifle. I cant find .44 ammo in shops or from traders and I only found about 30 rounds of it total. I love .44 revolver but its lacking ammo

Blackjaw x
01-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Get the perk to find more ammo in ammo boxes. Only keep a couple types of guns, sell all the other ammo you get, sell all missles, mini nukes, frags and mines. Get your barter high, get the roving trader outfit and the president's wig and put them on every time you enter a store. get a high repair and repair your own things. Take all armour and weapons off enemies, repair them with the similar types so you can hold more (ie: if you fight a group of raiders, you end up with 5 different types of raider armour or whatever, repair them all and you have 1 worth about as much as the 5 were and can hold much more). in Megaton visit all 4 people that you can buy from/sell to. Go outside and wait for periods of 2-4 hours and visit all of the roaming traders, etc. etc. Work out scrap metal/sugar bombs deals. Do quests. Only buy stinpacks and ammo. Don't pay to repair. Buy nothing for your house. Have high speech so you don't have to bribe. Have high lockpick/science so you can open safes. Explore, find things in caves and shit. Sell all food and misc. items. Focus on keeping your inventory small, confined to the same 2-4 weapons you like and ones with which you can repair them, the one piece of armour, hat and/or glasses, only stinpacks and radaway (sell all other chems and rad-x, except Psycho can be useful).

These are all good things.