PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Difficulty

PerpetualHeaven
09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I know this sounds like a copy-cat move from another site (you know who i'm talking about) but I think this would be an excellent addition. Maybe call a different name or something but I know it's a desired attribute from many other gamers.
I think it would add to the greatness of this site. I definitely think it's much better than "the competitor and this addition would be an excellent expansion.

Krazie
09-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I agree, this would be a very good thing to implement.

Just remember, the more features we have, the better our site will be. Sure, that means more work, but if we really wanna have our site at the top, we need as much as we can have

Minty
09-22-2006, 05:34 PM
But who rates them? Take something like COD2- I dont play shooters so i found some tough, where as some walked the game. Then vice-versa with top spin

Im a Manatee
09-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Yes, rating the achievements could be a little difficult, but if we have 3 players from that games 1000 club, rate each achievement on 1-5, 5 being ZOMG NO ONE IS GOING TO GET THIS, than average that. It would be tough for games like PDZ, with 50 achievements, but 5 minutes for the games with 15 achievements.

~With Flippers,
The Manatee

Cross Fire
09-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I agree have all these features will help this site and the people who use it,
and i think manatees reason would be quite useful, have the 1000 point and
200 point club vote on the achievement difficulty

Maka
09-24-2006, 11:31 PM
I dont know. I mean the difficulty for the achievemnts are usually self-explanatory, and question can always be asked in the forums..

Minty
09-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Plus, getting the people that have 1000 points in a game isnt getting a fair sample of the population.

And pretty much every game has a thread on how hard people find the achievements.

thrlride
09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I just PM'd this request to the admins of the site before realizing there was a feedback forum. Sorry to waste your time with the wrong venue for suggestions.

Though it doesn't seem like a popular idea with the leaders I think it would be a good addition. Just let the registered general public vote in a sticky and add any comments they many want to.

The Killer 47
09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Perhaps it could be an estimated time for completion rather than the difficulty?

PerpetualHeaven
10-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah sure there's feedback on the forums whereas you could just quickly click on the retail games section and bam there's what everyone thinks without searching through everyones questions or reactions.

IMportdreams95
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Perhaps it could be an estimated time for completion rather than the difficulty?

:whs That is a very good idea.

SaiSpag
10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
A Star Rating out of 5 could be productive.
Achievements could be assesed on a variety of things (general difficulty, time to achieve, etc.) and a rating could be agreed on by the members of the forum.

Minty
10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
It is something that we are currently looking into, and we will let you know the result ;)