PDA

View Full Version : Kickin' It Achievement?

r3daoL
10-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Who has been awarded this?

Kickin it 10G - Defend the Lurker grab attack 10 times

The lurkers are the necromorphed babies.

The obvious strategy would be to play on easy/normal and shoot everything BUT the lurkers in each room. Then make sure you health isn't too low, let them let jump on your face and mash the A button. :boxer
If you commit, should only take a chapter or two.

Only on chapter 5 (normal) and I have been jumped a few times already without trying.

Any else got details on damage given/recieved for each of the different difficult levels??

Tai_MT
10-17-2008, 04:24 AM
On "Easy" they seem to take anywhere from half a bar of health to a full bar of health, and I'm using the Level 5 "Elite" suit.

Does that help you any? I've been jumped 3 times. And I don't like it... been avoiding it... But... since there's an Achievement for it... I may just let the buggers do it to me.

Toasty411
10-17-2008, 05:43 AM
On "Easy" they seem to take anywhere from half a bar of health to a full bar of health, and I'm using the Level 5 "Elite" suit.

Does that help you any? I've been jumped 3 times. And I don't like it... been avoiding it... But... since there's an Achievement for it... I may just let the buggers do it to me. Hmm we need confirmation on if it keeps count if you die.

Tai_MT
10-17-2008, 05:50 AM
I haven't died yet... But I suppose I could try it, next time I run into them.

I'm only halfway through Level 2 as of right now. I may try it tomorrow for ya.

Facial La Fleur
10-17-2008, 05:53 AM
I think it does count if you die because when I was doing the gravity panel achievement I had killed three baddies in the panels then accidentally walked into one myself so I was reloaded right outside that are and once I killed two or three more in the same fashion I had the achievement.

I like to let all the different beasts attack me as long as my health is decent because I like to see the different animations for their attacks and my defense to it.

r3daoL
10-17-2008, 07:12 AM
I think if you know it is about to jump, you can be prepared and start to mash A immediately, and it won't do massive damage.

On medium with elite armor and two HP upgrades, one attack did ~1/6 of my health bar (so hard to tell). ( 120 / 6 ) * 10/9 = 22.22
So 20-25dmg by my rough calculations. I will try to confirm this, as I could be way off.

Nitroxide
10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
It prolly won't count if they kill you by "grabbing"/jumping on you since... of course... you wouldn't have defended yourself like the achievement description implies...

NEO CRIMS0N
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
This achievement had been bugging me for a while now. Im taking it slow in the game but I was wondering if it kept count after you died so in chapter 2, after you blow up the pile of junk, you have 3 lurker fights in a row, I let them grab me for all 3 and then died with a standard slasher, I then could fight the last lurker again and then die, etc. Well i was keeping count and I did it about 13 times and no achievement. Im just going to try and get it normally now.

knightsljx
10-17-2008, 03:29 PM
i did this on my second easy run. barely takes any health off with a fully upgraded military armor

Zerokesra
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I finished this one on Impossible. The kills dont count if you die and kill them again as I killed about 15 and didnt get the achievement.

And on Impossible with level 6 armor they take about 1/3 of your health.

Toasty411
10-17-2008, 06:59 PM
i did this on my second easy run. barely takes any health off with a fully upgraded military armor Same here.

r3daoL
10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
What is the best way of goading them into a grabbing my face?
Have had a bit of trouble with it, just keep dodging slashes and projectiles.

Toasty411
10-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Run right next to them. They will gladly goad your face off :p

andyc83
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Are these the things that when you kill one of those big belly guys that like 20 of them pop out? I'm still confused on what an actual Lurker is!!

madcap1
10-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Are these the things that when you kill one of those big belly guys that like 20 of them pop out? I'm still confused on what an actual Lurker is!!

No they are the wrong ones, There is a part where upon entering a room you see a guy in another room right in front of you and he is begging for you to open the door, then one of those lurkers spikes is hand to the glass then he pops him in the head that is the lurker they have three tentacles coming out of them. I hope that help or it might just confuse you more. Also you know its the right one after you defend yourself he punts it like a football lol

Here is a pic of a lurker

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4952/conceptcrouchinglurkerdzg2.jpg

andyc83
10-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your help!

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Here is a pic of a lurker

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4952/conceptcrouchinglurkerdzg2.jpg

Kick the baby!!!!

BigEasy
11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't get it i stand there on top of them waiting and they dont try to kill me like that :P Help?

nvm i was in a 0 grav area and didnt notice lol.

RickyMcG
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
The achievement guide describes this achievement wrong. Still a great guide, but he needs to edit it. Last night, I managed to let 20 Lurkers chomp on my face..Killing yourself obviously doesn't keep count of this. Did anyone get it by using what the guide tells you? Im about to try one more time..Will be a waste though lol.

Liamnator1005
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
i been jumped 1 and there have never jumped be since its like there don't love me

Romer
04-10-2009, 05:56 PM
i been jumped 1 and there have never jumped be since its like there don't love me

Same here - sad times =(

I GOREMONGER I
04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
When I was going for the achievement (I have it), When they refused to jump on me, I would yet at the Television saying, "EAT ME! EAT ME!".

Good times..

SilencedPizza
04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Just go stand next to them. I think it helps if you are just standing and not in aim mode (at least it seemed to for me, they didnt want to jump me when i was aiming, they just attacked). On easy and normal they really dont do that much damage, on impossible, this achievement can be tricky.

spunyun
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah its the most simple thing ever, all you do is walk up to them and just stand next to them, even if they try to scurry off just follow them and they should not ever even shoot at you if you're staying close enough.

B T E R
04-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't get it i stand there on top of them waiting and they dont try to kill me like that :P Help?

nvm i was in a 0 grav area and didnt notice lol. why don't they grab you in zero gravity, i have only been jumped 4 times. they remind me of facehuggers out of Alien

Tylosargerchia
05-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Yep. They don't grab you in zero gravity. Annoying. I was hoping to boost this in level 11 with the zero gravity section. Won't work. Hope I can get it on level 12.

Jakethemuss
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
With a fully upgraded level 6 suit they do very little damage on easy/normal. I just let the first 10 lurkers I came across jump on me, then frantically tapped A the second the scene started.

Wouldn't recommend doing it on insane unless you have a good suit and plenty of supplies.

SupremeNacho2
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I finished my first playthrough last nigt and I know I had more than 10 do this to me without dying. But yet still no achievement! Any tips?
I'm starting my second playthrough on easy now.

Staticman 9
05-10-2012, 03:51 AM
If you start mashing the button just before the lurker grapples you, the lurker will barely damage you. Of course, that may not be the case in the higher difficulties, but lurkers never manage to get close to me, so I'm not sure.

Mr Mighty Myth
05-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Pretty easy.

jamiefors
10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
If you do you're first run through on easy, you can get most of the achievements....thats what i did, worked for me

Spiral 462
10-06-2013, 07:05 AM
This is quite easy to get on normal. When you see one of the 'babies' as I call them, just walk up to them. Now, it seems kind of random, but while most of the time they will jump on you, sometimes they'll swipe their tentacles at you instead, which sucks... But either way, keep doing it until 10 jump on you and you succeed in mashing the A button enough to throw it off you onto the ground and kicking it like a football lol. You don't lose too much health when they jump on you, it's not that bad. :-)

Delphan Rane
11-28-2013, 03:33 AM
I almost completely forgot about this by the time I got the Ch.11. I think I may have had one or two w/o even trying. If this is the case w/ you, then there should be enough in Ch. 11 & 12 to get this. Remember they will NOT crawl on you in Zero-G, everywhere else is fair game.