PDA

View Full Version : What's good?

Elekid
10-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Hey all. I'm Jerry. I'm a 25 year old DJ/music producer/360 gamer from Chicago, IL. I finally decided to post on here because I'm looking for people to play various games with; mostly to unlock shit. Right now my gamerscore is about a cunt hair above 21000.

That's the jist. I'm too tired to think of anything else.

Monkeyman 8322
10-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi welcome to the forums

VeNGeD
10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Welcome to x360a, any games you plan on buying soon?

Taker447
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the site Jerry.

Elekid
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome to x360a, any games you plan on buying soon?

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. And yes, there is. Monopoly, Midnight Club: LA, Fable II, The Godfather I (II when it's released), Fallout 3, Alan Wake, Darksiders: Wrath of War, Mirror's Edge, and Ghostbusters. Of course some of them don't come out until next year, which is good because I'm sure Fable II and Fallout 3 are going to take forever.

Monkeyman 8322
10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
fable and fallout are gonna take ages

xK1NG L30N1DASx
10-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the site Jerry. you seem into music so whats your favorite band? also if you play cod4 hit me up sometime.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
welcome to the coolest xbox 360 site.(IMO). hihihih.. what games are you playing?..

Ketchup Killer
10-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. And yes, there is. Monopoly, Midnight Club: LA, Fable II, The Godfather I (II when it's released), Fallout 3, Alan Wake, Darksiders: Wrath of War, Mirror's Edge, and Ghostbusters. Of course some of them don't come out until next year, which is good because I'm sure Fable II and Fallout 3 are going to take forever.

Now that is a list! Welcome to the boards.

Elekid
10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the site Jerry. you seem into music so whats your favorite band? also if you play cod4 hit me up sometime.

Music is my life. :) I don't listen to too much non-electronic music, but the bands I fancy are ones like 311, Fear Factory, and Static-X, just to name a few. Electronic Music is what I'm mainly into, such as Hard House, Breakbeat, Hardcore, Psy-Trance, and Chillout. American Hard House is my area of expertise.

And sadly, I need to repurchase COD4. I need to replace the one I have. But once I get it, I'll hit you up for sure. :)

LilMissRoxy
10-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the site Jerry! Enjoy!

Genesis x360a
10-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey man welcome to x360a - Im really into my music also, I mainly listen to Trance and Hardhouse. Not really heard much of American hardhouse you will to post some links for me :) :p

Who's your fave DJ - I have alot but to name a few: Tiesto - Lisa Lashes - Mauro Picotto - (iguana and komodo are Epic).

Anywayz feel free to add me on XBL and i'll catch ya around the forums :)

EvilestBean
10-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the best site thats around :).

Elekid
10-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Hey man welcome to x360a - Im really into my music also, I mainly listen to Trance and Hardhouse. Not really heard much of American hardhouse you will to post some links for me :) :p

Who's your fave DJ - I have alot but to name a few: Tiesto - Lisa Lashes - Mauro Picotto - (iguana and komodo are Epic).

Anywayz feel free to add me on XBL and i'll catch ya around the forums :)

Trance is excellent music. I used to play Hard Trance back around '99 for a short period. I LOVE the stuff Ferry Corsten does under the System F name. But, American/US Hard House is a bit different.

[brief music lesson]
American Hard House is more on the harder side of things. The older stuff, Chicago Hard House, was made by guys like DJ Attack (rip), DJ Trajic, Mark V. & Poogie Bear, DJ Bam Bam, Alex Peace, and DJ Rip. Later, Hard House, called LA Hard House, was done by guys like Nemesis, House-O-Holics (Darren R. & George Centeno), DJ Work!, AM FM Alexander, Raoul Zerna, and DJ Venom. The earlier stuff leaned more towards House/Ghetto House. The LA stuff leaned more towards Hardcore. The new stuff, done by producers such as DJ Tronic, DJ Poogie (Poogie Bear), myself (Elekid), Splatterhouse, Jimmy X, and a few others, is a blend of a lot of things like Jumpstyle, Breaks, Hardcore, and old Chicago Hard House. It all depends on who is making it.
[/brief music lesson] :)

I'll post a link here for a mix of mine, and then later I'll go and make a whole thread with links in the entertainment forum. I do hope you guys listen and enjoy.

[ Elekid - Summer Vacation 4 (Chair Raving) (http://www.raymondbaer.com/music/elekid_-_summer_vacation_4_(chair_raving).mp3) ] <-- link (US Hard House, Jumpstyle)

[ Here's the playlist for that mix (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=26645256&blogID=315978440) ] <-- link

I put music like this on while I play Forza 2 now. Good speeding music. :Bounce:

Also you ask who's my favorite DJ? That's a tough one. Depends on the style of music. For instance, when I was a kid, I used to worship the ground Fatboy Slim walked on. His cds helped shape the way I listened to Breaks. His live cds like the one on Brighton Beach is amazing (even though there's House on it too :p). For the harder stuff such as Hardcore or Gabber, nothing beat a good mix by The Speedfreak. I would play his stuff while I played Halo 3. Total killing music.

Sorry for the mini-novel of a reply. As you guys can tell, music is a huge passion of mine, and I can go on and on about it.

Elekid
10-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Welcome to the site Jerry! Enjoy!

Hey thanks, Roxy. So far everyone here is chill. I guess after reading some other gamer boards, I was expecting some hostility towards new members as well as some arrogance regarding people's gamer skills. I'm glad I joined here. I should have done so sooner.

Dodgekfc
10-18-2008, 04:20 PM
hey and welcome jerry to the greatest site ever and when you get cod4
go head and hit me up for some games

master_shake_350
10-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey all. I'm Jerry. I'm a 25 year old DJ/music producer/360 gamer from Chicago, IL. I finally decided to post on here because I'm looking for people to play various games with; mostly to unlock shit. Right now my gamerscore is about a cunt hair above 21000.

That's the jist. I'm too tired to think of anything else.

No fucking way! I'm a DJ/Music Producer/360 Gamer too but I'm not from Chicago.

Anyway welcome :)

Feel free to add me: El Mexikan0

FourChan
10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Welcome to x360a.org, some of us don't bite but the ones who do have been vaccinated.

Elekid
10-18-2008, 09:54 PM
No fucking way! I'm a DJ/Music Producer/360 Gamer too but I'm not from Chicago.

Anyway welcome :)

Feel free to add me: El Mexikan0

What style do you play?

Welcome to x360a.org, some of us don't bite but the ones who do have been vaccinated.

Rawk! \m/ :) \m/

master_shake_350
10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
What style do you play?

Shooters, Arcades, Racing and Sports.

You?

Elekid
10-20-2008, 06:44 PM
No I mean what music do you play? lol. But as far as gaming I'm into FPS, RPG, some racing (ie Forza), open world/action (ie GTA)

master_shake_350
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
No I mean what music do you play? lol. But as far as gaming I'm into FPS, RPG, some racing (ie Forza), open world/action (ie GTA)

O LOL! My bad. I don't know.

Like I said in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1244730#post1244730

O and if you mean what music I play for DJing, Anything I feel in the mood to play. I don't Dj at clubs and stuff like that I Dj at house parties/parties.