PDA

View Full Version : What weapon/tips are best for killing Yao Guai

rubiq
10-17-2008, 09:17 AM
These are causing me all manner of problems, currently using sneakboys to avoid getting shredded by these brutes.

omegamustard
10-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I've found if you get your small guns stat up pretty high, sneak around and shoot them with the combat shotgun.

Psil0X
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I mostly use the flamethrower on animals, works quite well. Just wait 'til the deathclaws start appearing and you'll be wanting to see yao guai instead X-/

rubiq
10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
I mostly use the flamethrower on animals, works quite well. Just wait 'til the deathclaws start appearing and you'll be wanting to see yao guai instead X-/

I seen a deathclaw right at the start of the game, thou it got stuck behind a fence so i killed it with ease and kept its claw as a trophy.

The Yao Guai though are a mare to kill, they scare the p!ss out of me..:eek:

jwmc1971
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
what diff are you playing on ? theres no reason ( for me , no achvs ) for playing on hard or whatever . easy does just fine and lets you explore more , which is what i like the best besides the main story . those idiots and everything else go down quick with the Terrible shotty and max small weapons . mine does 80 damage so 2 close up shots to the face and their down for good . when i say everything , i mean up to a behemouth mutie . its almost like cheating if you use the vats on them ...

rubiq
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Playing through on Normal, I want a bit of a challenge, runnintg thro games on Easy is a bit of a Kop out unless its stupidly hard like Conan was (for last boss anyway)

I havent really boosted my small or big guns up much, was concentrating on lockpicks and sneak and banter., have to try upgrading these next i guess..

Psil0X
10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Playing on normal aswell. I think you get more xp the higher dif setting. Not sure thou

jwmc1971
10-17-2008, 04:18 PM
i happen to like copping out so .... anyway , the game will last you weeks or more of playing . i dont want to spend more than that on another game like i did with oblivion . i would have hit at least 75k or higher GS by now if i hadn't spent 3 months play it . anyway you will max out your XP before you know it , mine came so quickly it took a while to realize what had happened . sorry for going off topic . anyway i still say stick to small weapon perks/skills and use the shotgun . you think these guys are tuff , go into the deathclaw sanctuary sometime . even on easy youll get your ass handed to you . normal your die for sure if you run into 2 or more and dont play smart .