PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad things about Far Cry 2

Expressbishop
10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
+ Freedom, go whereever you want, whenever you want. Drive side by side with a horde of deers running around on the savannah.
+ Day/Night cycle and weatherconditions. Real cool when it's extreme heat and fire starts and spreading quickly in the dry grass.
+ All kinds of driveable vehicles (which is kind of necessary since africa is big)
+ The mortar rocks!
+ Fun with own hideouts.
+ Lots of save options
+ Weapons customizations / upgrades
+ Nice graphichs and the trees react cool when you shoot at or around them.
+ Options. Too choose whether a buddy lives or dies. Be able to complete the missions differently.

- Everybody seems to hate me, everywhere I go people just start shooting at me for no apparent reason.
- The molotov cocktails sucks.
- The map irritates more than it do good. Really annoying when you need it pretty much all the time.
- There's mounted weapons like everywhere in the djungle without noone there. Like someone would set up a machinegun in the middle of nowhere and then just leave it. Yeah right...
- Jungle and jungle everywhere, not necessary a bad thing but it sucks since you pretty much only can be on the roads and not climb on rocks etc.
- Enemys is too hard to kill. A shotgunblow to the back of the head up close should kill King Kong for crying out loud.
- Where the fuck am I being shot from? Yeah, you get a red indicator which shows what direction the shots coming from but its impossible too see where they are with all the vegetation. Howeever, the enemys don't seem to have any problems spotting me from a mile away when I'm crawling in the bushes.

Please post your opinions :)

WRETCHES
10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
hmm...well hopefully the cons don't outweigh the pros...i expect a lot of flaws in large games like this, but hopefully it won't be overwhelming.

Danillo llic
10-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Some of those Cons are opinion based, so we will see what happens.

Axe Argonian
10-17-2008, 09:26 PM
The cons don't scare me. Now if there were glitches, then there would be a problem. I'm definitely getting this. It looks like a true sequel to CoD4 rather than another CoD2 sequel.

I know this is not related to CoD4; I'm just stating that the FPS mechanics look very similar, and if there's only one FPS to get this holiday season, Far Cry 2 is definitely the one.

Bax x360a
10-18-2008, 10:04 AM
There is some terrible pop-in graphics which really takes away the realistic look of the game. The game stops for 10/20 seconds every 5 minutes aswell to load which gets really annoying and defuses any momentum you had in the game. You can hardly see anything either during the night time; I couldn't even find the door to the faction and therefore couldn't start a new mission! So far, the gme isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Still early days though!

goothgone
10-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Cons = take to much bullet to kill someone, aiming is terrible, each 20-30 second in driving you get shot by someone,

zeppi
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
The god thing is the alternative ways to complete every mission.Work with a buddy or just kill all by your self,and all the way you can kill them.Fast with the rpg or just burn the environment,Snipe them out,he he.
Really cool game to explore.The 2 big map is amazing in the game.Jepp it`s two map.You got the second map when you come to second act in the game.

Really not want to tell any nagative things,but there are still some.

The car rapair all the time.Not funny after 20 hours.
All the outpost with gards all over the map.And they shoot you from miles away.Itīs to much off it,and all the car you meet after the road.Every one want to kill you.
Lilly annoying is the gun allways jam if you donīt by a new one.

Yeah i have beat the game.and is now playing for the second time.Want to do things little bit diffrent with the mission and the achievements i miss first time.If you going 4 the main missions the game is not long at all.8 hours maybe

Good luck out there!!

androsmere
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
What's djungle?

Expressbishop
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
What's djungle?

Sorry that I was born in sweden where english isn't the native language and Jungle = Djungel.

BHDshadynomeBHD
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
well i am looking forward to the game no matter what the flaws
i also think some your cons like the vast jungle and vegetation is a plus

vultu
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
The BAD:

Everybody down after a round in a Ranked match and need to find the room again
People cant enter into a Ranked match that has already started
You cant play with your maps in ranked matches

Just that because in Player Matchs all the things above is allowed.

Taker447
10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
The BAD:

Well thats to stop Boosters i would assume. I'm still going to get this game though even with the down sides people have said i'm sure it will still be great fun.

GAMEtime
10-21-2008, 04:22 PM
The BAD:

Just that because in Player Matchs all the things above is allowed.

then play player match?????????

these issues are in many games (Vegas2, GOW) ranked game arent supposed to be sociable, you play a round and get out lol

Maelmord
10-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Cons = take to much bullet to kill someone, aiming is terrible, each 20-30 second in driving you get shot by someone,

Aiming takes a while to get used to, especially with the early guns... but its gets better... Sniper rifles rock!

Maelmord
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
There is some terrible pop-in graphics which really takes away the realistic look of the game. The game stops for 10/20 seconds every 5 minutes aswell to load which gets really annoying and defuses any momentum you had in the game. You can hardly see anything either during the night time; I couldn't even find the door to the faction and therefore couldn't start a new mission! So far, the gme isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Still early days though!

I'm not sure what your talkin about here... There isnt any loading screens at all and no pop-up graphics.

And maybe you should adjust your brightness... nighttime is the best of time to go hunting for mercs :p

Ult1ma Weap0n
10-24-2008, 06:41 AM
I think the good definetly outweighs the bad. This game has so many great features. Open world, amazing graphics, cool weapon choices and customizations. The Single player is everything you could hope for. The multiplayer is suprisingly awesome as well. The only real bad for me is the whole ranked match thing. I'd like to be able to play with friends. We just search for eachothers games though, it works out if you're patient. Definetly a great game with a fun set of achievements, non that are impossible but a few time consuming ones.

agentplatypus
10-24-2008, 06:44 AM
+Everything
-Nothing

David x360a
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I won't list any of my pros since it's really just the cons which keep this game form being a perfect 10.

- Being unable to accept more than one mission at a time is really annoying. Being forced to go back to a certain location just to activate a mission shuldn't be necessary in a game made in 2008.

- All the distractions when going from one place to another. When I accept a mission, I am told to go somewhere, but along the way there are always people shooting at me and chasing me and this really takes the focus away from the current tasks.

- The malaria BS. Why should I have to randomly press LB just to take a stupid pill? I read somewhere this is implemented to force the player to accept Underground missions, but any player who plays this game thoroughly would do so anyway. Why force those who just want a quick playthrough to do this? Annoying and unnecessary. This goes for having to fix those blasted cars all the time as well. I mean, a car is full of bullet holes and all I have to do to fix it is turn a screw? -_-

But as I said initially, this is a great game. I just wish it had come out a month earlier as I am guaranteed to shelve it as soon as Fallout 3 and Gears 2 comes out..

Ach. freak360
10-24-2008, 07:14 PM
The BAD:

Just that because in Player Matchs all the things above is allowed. I agree, Far Cry games have never had a strong Ranked match community, and now we get punished for playing player matches. Who wants to start every new match with all the worst weapon layouts?

Ravenstien
10-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Pros:
massive environment
great graphics
FIRE!!
day/night cycle
lots of choice

Cons:
only one mission at a time - Oblivion can do it! Why can't this?
everyone hates you - really annoying when you're trying to get somewhere
takes a *lot* of bullets to kill people
really hard to see enemies, but they can see and shoot you from a mile away
guard posts are reinforced within 5 minutes :S
no weapon customisation
you have to un-zoom to pull the bolt on the M40A3 :S
machete isn't silent :S
silenced pistol does less damage than a pop-gun