PDA

View Full Version : Where did it go wrong?

McStabber
10-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I've had this just over a day and i've suffered 7 crashes and 2 corrupted save files. This is probably the worst thing THQ has done. Ranked games are full of laggy, camping, sprayers.

The mods on the official forums have all legged it de to all of the abuse been chucked at them.
I can guarantee this is going back on mondya.

Anyone else feel as though we have been let down? :mad:

coolblood2
10-18-2008, 01:01 PM
To be honest yes I do.. This game had the potential to destroy GTA IV but with all the bugs I and many ppl have had I don't think it did.. Hopefully they got some patches and what not in the works or its going to take me twice as long to beat the game with constant freezes :(..

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Im happy I opted to not get it yesterday!

Will be good to see what THQ do about this.

GTukC
10-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) *touches head* hopefully I won't have neither. I will be sweating on it until Fable is out next friday so hopefully the bugs/freezing etc holds off til after then ;)

Fidget
10-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I've only run into one problem so far, and that was having to steer someone on a gurney but the gurney won't turn and would decide to change positions with no animation whatsoever. Glitch or just insanely stupid level I'm not sure (any advice from people who've completed it?).

birdshake
10-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I haven't had any problems at all. However, I do remember renting the first Saints Row and my file save going corrupt and I stopped playing cause of it. -.-

Vaile23
10-18-2008, 02:39 PM
ive not had one problem yet... :S

and remember kids, multi-saves are your friends.

Thorpe
10-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I've backed my save up to a memory unit. I notice it does seem to crash a lot in co-op. Me and my friend always hit start and save from the menus after each mission/activity. I sure hope a patch could resolve these problems.

Just think they wanted to get this game out by the end of the year because I'm sure at least a few of their testers would have discovered these annoying things.

PS - Saints Row is going in a different direction to GTA IV. So, really there's no need to make comparisons, other than the fact that they share the same elements.

XArchonianX
10-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I have had no trouble really with this game, Occasionally there is the little Glitch. But there are plenty of those in GTA also... In all honesty this is what GTA should feel like, IMO this blew GTA away, It gave me the feeling of the first few GTA's insted of the newer game play.

Midnight Malice
10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
yeah, multi saves are a gamers best friend, and save often. Autosaves can go corrupt too.

I've had my share of freezes, but I only rented, so I wasn't let down. I enjoy the game. And I'm willing to look past this.

I have yet to play true Multiplayer, only played co-op so far, but one thing you can't blame THQ for is how people play the game online... 99% of all games have some sort of cheese advantage, and unfortunately, a lot of players take that advantage cause they don't have to look anyone eye to eye.

eXtremeWiso
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Ive had about 4 freezes in this week till now, luckily no corrupt saves though. Im not dure though whether its freezing because of the game itself or because my xbox sometimes RRODs. Cause everytime after the freeze it RRODs once or twice.

tattie
10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I am waiting to see what THQ do about this and how the badges system develops before picking this up. I read that THQ knew they would be shipping the game with bugs which really made me sceptical. Hopefully it gets patched as I want to have 1000 in both SR's.

Tattie

Masta Mylez
10-18-2008, 11:26 PM
To be honest yes I do.. This game had the potential to destroy GTA IV but with all the bugs I and many ppl have had I don't think it did.. Hopefully they got some patches and what not in the works or its going to take me twice as long to beat the game with constant freezes :(..
Dude the only thing that can destroy GTA is Rockstar itself. All they need to do to shut major SR fanboys up is add a sh*tload of side jobs, extra activities, planes, car customazition, and implement the crazyines of San Andreas with the game engine of GTA4. SR1 and SR2 are fun games even though they have major technical issues, glitches, and corny gangster satire which I dislike. If Rockstar adds those things with their upcomming DLC ( which I hope they do ) or in to a new GTA, I dont think Saints Row will be able to keep up. If Rockstar does those things Saints Row wont last long. Just my humble opinion.