PDA

View Full Version : Loading times and failures

DSaphir
10-18-2008, 02:48 PM
hey guys,

I dont know if this is a problem which was recognized by mor people on x360a, but I really have some problems with some functions.

For example when I click on "Guide" it takes about 30 sec. up to 1 min. to load the page. This does not happen if i right click the link and click "open in new tab". On other pages I dont notice this huge loading time...

Another thing is updating the own achievements. If I select my newly unlocked achievements and click "Save changes" it takes about 1-2 minutes to load the page, and even if it finishes loading the page forgot what achievements I selected. I tried it 2 times and my achievements in Turok are still with a total of 0 gamerscores.

Also, for I guess 3 months my gamercard does not appear anymore in either the main page nor my forum posts...

hope you can help
greetz DSaphir

Scotian Bred
10-18-2008, 05:10 PM
hey guys,

I dont know if this is a problem which was recognized by mor people on x360a, but I really have some problems with some functions.

For example when I click on "Guide" it takes about 30 sec. up to 1 min. to load the page. This does not happen if i right click the link and click "open in new tab". On other pages I dont notice this huge loading time...

Another thing is updating the own achievements. If I select my newly unlocked achievements and click "Save changes" it takes about 1-2 minutes to load the page, and even if it finishes loading the page forgot what achievements I selected. I tried it 2 times and my achievements in Turok are still with a total of 0 gamerscores.

Also, for I guess 3 months my gamercard does not appear anymore in either the main page nor my forum posts...

hope you can help
greetz DSaphir

Well all I can say for the gamercards, there is something wrong with the feed from xbox.

The other stuff seems to work for me just fine, I have no issues with browsing the site unless there is server issues, but then I don't get anything just a error page. And I know then that the servers are bogged down.

Million people + Servers = holy moly :p, that's the basic math.

DSaphir
10-18-2008, 09:40 PM
hm, weird. I'll have a try with another browser, actually I use IE8 in Emulate-IE7-mode..

Scotian Bred
10-18-2008, 09:48 PM
hm, weird. I'll have a try with another browser, actually I use IE8 in Emulate-IE7-mode..

Fire Fox FTW my friend :p

I used to like IE but I switched over and, it was WAY better.

DSaphir
10-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Fire Fox FTW my friend :p

I used to like IE but I switched over and, it was WAY better.

Well, I have both installed, but Firefox... I don't know, I really tried to but at the moment I like IE better... Firefox has some great functions due to many useful plugins but in applications a use very often I want to have a great design. but lets go back to topic =P or do we have a firefox-thread somewhere around?

Scotian Bred
10-18-2008, 10:48 PM
It's probably not on your end, as long as everything is working fine with your connections, and PC.

But as I can tell, there is the main man here for site fixes, that being RoutineX, A.K.A Site Major Deluxe. He probably realizes the issues on the site, and is currently working on the solutions.

Patience, more then anything is what's needed during the major surge of users on the site. It's an ongoing work in progress, like all major websites. Anything man made will have it's issues.

But seriously, fire fox seems to work faster for me, that's just my opinion.