PDA

View Full Version : Glitch on Chapter 11 (SPOILER) to avoid BIG fight in cargo bay

ewizard
10-19-2008, 04:32 AM
OK, so I don't always have much to contribute to the site, but when I do I do contribute. I searched and did not see anyone mention this yet.

On Chapter 11, before you bring up the marker in the cargo area, you kill the 2 creatures on this level that are already spawned.

Following this, run around the level and gather up all the items from the lockers, green glowing chests and the node.

Immediately after you bring up the marker, RUN as fast as you can straight for the lift back to where it brings you up to the bench.

1 Creature will pop through the vent to fight you - stasis it and kill it. After this - NO OTHER CREATURES OR THE TENTACLES WILL SPAWN TO FIGHT YOU IF YOU DO THE FOLLOWING & HAVE UPGRADED YOUR KINESIS FULLY:

I used Kinesis to grab the marker, pull it to the right on the track and then all the way to the back - it let go on me just as it reached the rear and I had to play around a bit to re-attach to it with kinesis. It then hit the rear and I moved it to the left. Objective complete, turn around back out the elevator with all your ammo and node collected and only fighting 1 monster (plus 2 original spawn) and skipping the big fight (if you are having difficulty) - I was playing on hard when I did this and got frustrated - It just happened to work for me - if anyone can do this if your having trouble - try it out and let me know if it worked for you too. Probably a waste of time on eay or medium - but for hard and most likely INSANE, this will probably help out alot :).

When I play through on Insane I am going to try this again. Just some helpful advice about a little "glitch" in the game if that is what it is to get past a hard area. Not sure if the game developers thought about someone running back and having full kinesis to pull the marker along the track, but who knows.

And this is by far one of the greatest games I have enjoyed - horror + good graphics + great story + different & unexpected = 10 in my book. I think its a sleeper hit of the year and any mag that rates it under 9 clearly did not play it or does not like the space horror theme of the game. I felt like big daddy from bioshock playing through this - just wished the character talked a bit.

kiwi18
10-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. I am going to try this tomorrow when I get there. I will edit my post with the results. It looks very helpful and well thought out from what I read. Thanks and very nice job.

ewizard
10-19-2008, 07:31 AM
One thing I did not specify above - DO NOT leave the upper platform to move the marker - once you go run back up there, stay up there and move it from up there - kind of like fishing with the marker. If you take the lift down, I am pretty sure the creatures will still be spawned down below.

I will do this on second playthrough now that I finsihed first one - took almost 15 hours because I chose HARD - and now I have to do the one gun through HARD again lol. Only because there are 4 other achievements I need on that playthrough as well. Will have to get remaining three on Insane when they are done.

FYI - I also used the kinesis to grab all green chests prior to last boss battle so I did not have to run around and grab all that loot and could concentrate solely on shooting.

DaRtHCaRn4gE
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
I couldn't get this to work. Once the marker disconnected from the kinesis near the end I couldn't get it to reconnect. Also had monsters jumping through a vent on the upper platform. Good idea to get to the top platform though, can take them out as they jump through. In the end had to run back down move the marker just that bit more and ran back up before having to fight with anyone. Definitely helps getting back to the upper platform... can get it most of the way.

lingenfelser
11-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Nice ewizard.
I'm on my 3rd playthrough (IMPOSSIBLE) and I'm at that EXACT area.
I've already killed the 2 roaming necromorphs.
I'm going to try this out tonight...

XxSKETCHxX313
11-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Dont forget guys that there are MORE crates and such in other Cargo areas... go for a zip around its a HUGE place, more lockers and crates to be found in this area other than where the ship is docked!!!

Skillet
11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Sounds like a good idea for my Insane run...

BTW, I played on Medium for my first play through and didn't buy any other weapons. Just used the Plasma Cutter.

Honestly, the best starting weapon in any game ever.

Aobikari Dragon
11-06-2008, 04:06 AM
hmmm I tried to do this on easy since i was in that chapter and i did it with no problem at all except for one thing, I couldnt get it around the corner and finally once i did and i pushed it all the way to the "elevator" it still didnt click in.

MGAwesome
11-06-2008, 10:14 AM
This technique would have been really handy for me at the time. I had to find out the hard way that you can just stand where the marker appears and Kinesis it to the other end, avoiding the walkways.

lingenfelser
11-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I tried the technique last night. It got me 85% of the way there...

And it never failed to loose 'grip' at the far end right before you need to push it left into final position. I must've tried 10-20x to position Isaac correctly but it was just too far for Kinesis to grab, even though I am max.
So, I would just take the elevator down to trigger enemies, go back to the platform and cap 'em form there. Then when the coast was clear go back down and push it into final position.

Long story short... finished IMPOSSIBLE last night. 1000 for 1000 Yay!!:Bounce:

vsbv-lightstorm
11-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Great Find this helped me out big time just completed the game 1,000/1,000

Downsize
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Not really a glitch. This definitely works and thank you very much ewizard for the exploit.

AlmightyTallest
11-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm sure this will be a HUGE help when i reach this point on my Insane run. Thanks for pointing this out. (Note to self: max out kinesis module before Ch. 11 =P)