PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Idea

oI eNvY P Io
10-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I have no idea if it has been mentioned before, but why not add spoiler tags in the forums.

Or maybe make it mandatory that all guides in the forums that have spoilers make the spoiler text white.

below this I wrote some text in white. At least when it is written in white they can't read the text right away which will cause the spoiler to be harder to read which then people would have to highlight the text to read it.

EXAMPLE............SEE IT IS HARD TO READ WHEN IT IS WHITE THUS CAUSING SPOILERS TO BE HARDER TO READ SO THAT GUIDES WON'T SPOIL STORY PLOTS.

DJbruce
10-19-2008, 12:01 PM
There is already a spoiler tag. Though I cant remember how to get to it.

oI eNvY P Io
10-19-2008, 12:15 PM
There is already a spoiler tag. Though I cant remember how to get to it.

I tried it.....it didn't work. Unless I did it wrong. I thought it was

Nightdragon
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
It is used like this:

[ /spoiler] (without the spaces)

Each spoiler has to be given a unique tag or it does not work.

[spoiler=hello]How are you?

Hope that answered your question.

oI eNvY P Io
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
It is used like this:

[ /spoiler] (without the spaces)

Each spoiler has to be given a unique tag or it does not work.

[spoiler=hello]How are you?

Hope that answered your question.

Oh ok....well what about putting the button next to the other code tags. I think a lot of people don't use them, because the button for the code isn't right there where you post at.

Only reason I brought this up is because someone else mention that someone did a bad job on an achievement guide by posting a spoiler in it. I'm not saying he guide was bad, but he could have done better with the spoiler alert.

Here is what the guide says:

Completionist
25http://xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete the majority of the game

By majority of the game, they mean an undefined amount of the game. I recommend that you choose two characters and go with them till the end. Try to not start a side quest without the characters you want. There around 70 side quests including the main quest ones. So, make sure you do around 60 of them before Ilos. IF you haven't gotten the achievement after that, then you should try exploring the galaxy and doing more quests. Remember to talk with allies in order to generate more side quests. Remember, you might get more quests than what is on the list, but I did the amount of quests on the list below and got the achievement.

NOTE: I got completionist and both ally achievements by doing ALL side quests[not including Styx Theta Cluster ones, which are two] and completing the three main planets. Should be noted that I got the last ally Garus right when......MASSIVE, UBER SPOILER!!!!!!!!

SPOILER IS RIGHT UNDER THIS:

Saren committed suicide.

SPOILER OVER!

This is for Mass Effect. As you can see the spoiler is literally under the spoiler alert. Now the guy that originally posted the comment about the the spoiler alert said the game got ruined for him.