PDA

View Full Version : The problem with WWE

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
The problem for me with WWE is that these days they give anyone who the fans really like a title shot. Look at Mysterio for example, why the hell is a cruiserweight / US / Intercontinental contender fighting for the championship?

Basically look at the rosters.

RAW: Jericho, Batista, Cena, HBK, Randy Orton and possibly Kane should be fighting for the title.

JBL used to be a bloody Tag teamer who should be after the Intercontinental levels at best. Same with Mysterio, never a Champion, same for CM Punk. To be honest even Kane who has been made shit now should only be at this level. Its obvious Jericho is in the middle but his TNA stinct has gotten him somewhere and to keep him at WWE they must make him big time so fair enough.

Smackdown: HHH, Big Show, Undertaker, Kozlov. People like Edge and Jeff Hardy (These guys used to go at it in TLC tag matches not title matches, only Intercontinental level and possibly bring back hardcore tag style matches on ECW would be cool. Umaga is intercontinental level and if Khali got some moves and stopped chopping people for a main (finisher move) maybe he could be a title contender. Mr Kennedy is intercontinental.

See basically WWE are for me way too giving in title contenders and need to sort out the levels again and keep them like that.

Now ECW. This show is wank. Its worse then anything I have ever seen, they are literally ruining its Hardcore style. Sort out the title contenders here and get some hardcore wrestlers in / switched from other shows.

Matt Hardy is hardly even a bloody Intercontinental level wrestler, Mark Henry used to come out to the sound of a chocolate loving song and try to get the birds lmao, what they hell is he doing now?

They really need to sort it out. They are far too much about entertainment rather then being a good show and promoting wresteling as a sport rather then trying to be USA's version of Eastenders :mad:

Now to abuse the games lol.

The roster is never up to date. I bet any money that Kozlov wont be on the game. Why has there never been a co-op story mode. Would be the best thing. The story mode is never as long as it says it is. Its basically the same thing repeated over and over again. It really isnt that hard.

All in all WWE needs to be more old school and become WW and take out the E for entertainment lol or something. The game needs majorly sorting out and they need to sort out the show in general :)

OneWolverine1
10-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Thank God that is only your opinion. I think WWE is great right now.

PS I think there is going to be a coop story mode.

Rewmac
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
He is right. The current era sucks. It's always the same type of matches everytime and the same contenders. Thank god in a game I do it myself and never have normal one fall matches. WWE needs an excitement factor.

xJMx Joker
10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
He is right. The current era sucks. It's always the same type of matches everytime and the same contenders. Thank god in a game I do it myself and never have normal one fall matches. WWE needs an excitement factor.

I agree partially, it's not as good as how i remember it (Rock and Sock, Original DX etc) but its quite cool now because they have bought in some new talent. And it'll probably take a while for the audience and WWE Development to build these new wrestlers up. WWE does need an exitement factor however. In my opinion i think the writers in WWE should take a long hard look at TNA and do what they're doing, because TNA rules.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-20-2008, 03:49 PM
TNA really does seem like they are going somewhere even though they will never be the best in Wrestling as they have a 6-sided ring which I will never get over lol.

Seriously though look at WWE now its terrible little storylines. It needs Eric Bishbosh back ;) etc (Sort out its commisioners or whatever) it needs to get an elite contenders group rather then anyone who the fans like. They need to get storylines like The Brood Vs The Federation :D (Wrestlers who oppose the commisioners and McMahons etc for those who dont know what Im on about. They need old school stuff like major story lines and really bigging up someone like they did with Stone Cold.
If your thinking Cena then no, he is too much of a Rock character, being massive with the fans etc to start rebelling against WWE itself in the storylines.

Tag matches are wank now. Every single bloody match is both wrestlers in the ring on the floor scrambling for the tag and two wrestlers outside the ring nackered who end up being the final two in the ring lol.

I wont rant on much more because my opinion doesnt matter but they seriously need to stop the whole Entertainment factor and try to actually go old school and make it a sport and act as if its real again.

xJMx Joker
10-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree on what you've said, also i think having a six sided ring is quite funny aswell :)

kentarulez
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
OKyou say WWE needs to go more like TNA, and WWE have too much entertainment factor? RoH have the professional wrestling factor, not TNA, and the reason Mysterio won the title was because Eddie Guerrero was going to win it at Armaggedeon 2005, however he passed away in November, so they had no one to give it to, so they gave Rey a push to use Eddie in the storylines, pretty much showing disrespect, plus they cannot have too many good people on one card all the time otherwise they will be too tired and have to have the same time off leaving blank cards for certain months. For example: Wrestlemania, everyone wrestles really long matches, tyhey're all knackered, the storyline goes on till about Summersla, all the main eventers will need some time off to recover. Therefore having crappy cards.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I have no problem with the crappy cards etc and they dont need to wrestle every week but they need to make the main titles a league above the rest again.

RoH? Sorry dont really keep up to date with major companies lol.

Eddie started out as a Cruiserweight and then entered Tag and the Intercontinental levels etc. Even he wasnt good enough for the top and thats when this era of WWE came in and has changed the face of Wrestling etc.

Another thing - Kurt Angle one of the best mat wrestlers going and general legend of the ring lol, tells fans he is retireing due to a constant re-occurance of his back injury. Next week he is on TNA? So basically he fell out with WWE or didnt like the way they were going and so WWE wouldnt admit that they are going the wrong way with things and so told fans and got Angle to say some bullshit storyline about his back lol.

Also another thing to put up there for discussion. The rosters. Whats going on lol, I swear a few months back the whole Smackdown roster were Raw and vice versa. Whats the point?
People like Khali are on every show?

They should scrap the shows thing and make it WWE with Thursdays show being called Smackdown and Monday being Raw without the competition thing. Would be extreme with all those wrestlers going at it. Also scrap a title or two maybe, 1 main title the intercontinental, US, Cruiserweight and womens. Also make the US go and bring back the hardcore title and have it an open 24/7 title between both WWE and ECW.

I have so many more ideas like that; that would be so much better but before I get carried away Im going to stop as its pointless lol.

xJMx Joker
10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
The only reason they made raw and smackdown separate shows was to compete with ECW and WCW when they were around, and since then i alays thought this business of a having a fixed roster sucks. For instance, in this draft pick thing that happened, Rey went to raw and didnt want to, the hardys didnt want to get separated but they did. if they were to join the shows back together as one then they wouldnt have any of these problems or falling outs.

The reason why Kurt Angle left was because (this is what he told everyone) he asked for an early release because of personal issues. Because of spending time with his family and his dependence of Prescription Painkillers. But on TNA, they showed an interview of why Kurt left WWE, and apparently amongst all of those reasons, McMahon didnt really like the way he asked for an early relaease and started insulting him. So obviously the contract for WWE was pushing him too hard and the one of TNA is as vigourous. I've been watching iMPACT for about two months now and he hasnt wrestled as frequently as others.

Bloody_Hitman666
10-21-2008, 02:37 AM
this is just another one of those stupid threads that will get closed down just like the other one. Its just a matter of opinion it also is really nothing realated to the game. sure this has something to do with wwe but does it say anything about the game. no it doesnt so i think this should be closed down

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Actually if you read the whole thread you will see that I did add my opinions on the game but so far this has been related to WWE itself mostly. But obviously this has got something to do with the game because this is what the game is based upon :)

davie mac
10-22-2008, 07:49 AM
The reason why Kurt Angle left was because (this is what he told everyone) he asked for an early release because of personal issues. Because of spending time with his family and his dependence of Prescription Painkillers. But on TNA, they showed an interview of why Kurt left WWE, and apparently amongst all of those reasons, McMahon didnt really like the way he asked for an early relaease and started insulting him. So obviously the contract for WWE was pushing him too hard and the one of TNA is as vigourous.

Angle changes his story to suit the company he is working for, trust me on that one. Two years ago he hated everything WWE but nowadays he's flattering McMahon right left and centre. He's probably wanting to keep his options open again.

Reading through this thread its made it quite clear that people don't understand business. xI DaR3DeViL Ix by your own admission you don't keep up with the modern companies and thats the problem. Yes WWE's product has went down the crapper but they have lots of very talented wrestlers who deserve the chance to shine, I completely disagree with your first post however about all the guys who you believe are not main event material. If had been up to you then we would never have had guys like Shawn Michaels as WWF Champion which would have resulted in no DX etc.

For those wondering what I mean, Shawn Michaels was originally a jobber, oh no the great Shawn Michaels was a lowly jobber *btw I actually do like Shawn Michaels*. Yes we all remember the Rockers but the Rockers were jobbers who occassionally won a match. He then had a semi successful midcard run were he won the IC belt several times. Come 1994 Michaels was not even midcard status as he was more or less Kevin Nash's lackie. It was only Shawn Michaels 2 years prior to his early retirement scenario that he even was Main Event status.

My point behind this is you can't suddenly dismiss someone because they are midcard status. They may become a World Champion in years to come so why not give them a push to see how the fans take to them.

The WWE has tried to push several current very talented superstars to Main Event status but the wrestlers didn't want it. To name two guys: Carlito, Shelton Benjamin. These guys have potential but are more than happy at midcard level so why not push other guys over them.

People like Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy deserve a chance. Yes Matt Hardy is ECW Champion, which is the equivalent to the IC and US titles respectively so he's not Main Event status just yet and doubt ever will be. He's been pushed too late in my opinion had he been pushed 3 years ago then he could have made it to World Champion status easily. Jeff Hardy is loved by the fans but unless he cleans up his act then he will never be a World Champion.

How does my post tie into the games? The games give us a chance to see a roster were we can choose our main stars and I have always found this interesting. Its novel to see a roster in which the main eventers aren't all your standard guys, granted due to the poor status of some of the guys they don't make good headliners but hey its always novel to see the weakest guy on the roster as WWE Champion :P.

TESTUBE BABY 82
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Wwe 1997-2001 the attitude era rocked every week i couldnt wait for raw it was great now its shit .stonne cold the old dx the ministry of darkness the hart foundation goldust ken shamrock mankind the new age outlaws mean street posse. Bring em back

F3TUSCOMMAND0
10-22-2008, 08:28 AM
"Its obvious Jericho is in the middle but his TNA stinct has gotten him somewhere and to keep him at WWE they must make him big time so fair enough."

Umm Jericho was never in TNA at all all he did was peform a song at the Bound for Glory PPV to promote his new song he did not make an appearence other than that.

But think about it some wrestlers who you think shouldnt be past mid card level really suprise you. Edge for example he was a mid carder for like 10 years then out of no were hes a champ but now hes one of the best heels ive seen in awhile. To make WWE better is basicaly just trim the fat and get rid of wrestlers who wrestler very rarely and i would love if they got rid of ECW its just filler matches to me anyway.

F3TUSCOMMAND0
10-22-2008, 08:30 AM
YouTube - TNA: The Chris Jericho & Fozzy "Enemy" Video

the closest Y2J has come to TNA

afunk117
10-22-2008, 09:34 AM
make ECW hardcore again. then it might get ratings. triple H 12 time champion. PUT OTHERS IN THE FUCKING STATUS IM SICK OF SEEING HIM GO FOR THE TOP TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff Hardy is the only one that does crazy shit. He is Hardcore

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
To davie mac have you read Shawn Michaels book? Its truely awesome and really shows why HBK was given the big shot oppertunity. In my eyes there has not been a wrestler who has worked harder for the company and has not been afraid to put others over then HBK.

His relationship with Vince backstage as well as the tie in's with JR used to be the main story line makers. Shawn is a top performer and has a major talent in making others look good and dont tell me he isnt or anyone does it better because no one does.

True I agree the guy isnt exactly your usual main eventor or someone who has the physique (Spelling?) or whatever to be a main eventor but he deserved it.

Jeff Hardy didnt deserve it, he walked out when things didnt go his way and to get him back they put him up there also because of the major influence from the fans. True Shawn left also way back but that was because other wrestlers in the business didnt like him.

People deserve the push but some people get it due to trying to keep them within the business or because they are big with the fans. These guys dont deserve it they are just given it because it keeps them happy and with the WWE rather then TNA for example.

The Hardy's I wouldnt say deserved the big chance yet but like you said Matt's past it anyway.

Your right I dont keep up and havent for around 2-3 years since WWE turned to shit but I have watched the past 3-4 Raw/Smackdown's and will be watching Cyber Sunday. So far its been utter wank and some how RAW is now pointlessly shit and must surely get a best of a 1 star rating its that poor. Probably due to the fact it used to be the other way around although the superstars have switched rosters so now RAW basically plays Smackdowns role and vice versa which is stupid.

I will keep on watching and add my opinions and thoughts but if anything its gotten worse then I thought was possibly the worst it could get.

kizwiz
10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd say the problem is mainly with the divas. WWE just lets in whoever they think is hot enough. I mean this is wrestling not a beauty contest. The moves the divas do a tramp could do. Beth Phoenix seems to be the only diva who actually cares more about wrestling than looks (being stuck with Santino Marella thats bad enough) although she does call herself glamarous atleast she has muscles. Then she fights people like Maria who are just more bones than muscles. I mean yeah they probably attract more people but this is a wrestling business not playboy.

Midnight Malice
11-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Beth Phoenix??? She is just muscle... Victoria is the only real female wrestler in the WWE, and they rarely ever use her, but when they do, she is just a joke... I hate it. About 5 years ago, the womens division was good, they had both mat skills, and beauty, now it is crap. These girls are learning, but they shouldn't be even close to champs...

As for the WWE's state of things... the reason they were so good back in the day was because they had to compete for ratings... right now they don't have competition, so they don't have to make thier shows as good. If TNA gets bigger we may see the WWE get better, but for now, they don't have to.

Ryu Kaze
11-13-2008, 04:45 AM
I don't have an opinion as of late, but reading this forum...I hope this isn't closed or locked. There are a lot of good opinions on here