Not many Baseball games?

Evol Error

Actually, the reason for this is that MLB signed an exclusive third-party licensing deal for the 2K series. As such, 2K is the only company allowed to make licensed baseball games for all consoles. There was a provision allowing each individual console maker to develop games in-house, but so far only Sony has done this (MLB: The Show).

Actually, the reason for this is that MLB signed an exclusive third-party licensing deal for the 2K series. As such, 2K is the only company allowed to make licensed baseball games for all consoles. There was a provision allowing each individual console maker to develop games in-house, but so far only Sony has done this (MLB: The Show).

It's a shame that 2K has the exclusive license. I really liked EA's MVP Baseball series way back when. I guess 2K had to do something because EA has the official NFL license. I wish neither company had neither license.

The only baseball games out for the 360 are MLB 2K6, MLB 2K7, MLB 2K8, and if you want to include arcade games, MLB Stickball.

MLB 2K6 is a crap game and i was not very pleased with either 2K7 or 2K8, i would love to see an EA MLB Game or get The Show from the PS3 and bring it over to the 360.

I'd also like to see a collegiate Baseball game, i believe their was one or two made for the PS2. Another Slugfest perhaps?

The only baseball games out for the 360 are MLB 2K6, MLB 2K7, MLB 2K8, and if you want to include arcade games, MLB Stickball.

MLB 2K6 is a crap game and i was not very pleased with either 2K7 or 2K8, i would love to see an EA MLB Game or get The Show from the PS3 and bring it over to the 360.

I'd also like to see a collegiate Baseball game, i believe their was one or two made for the PS2. Another Slugfest perhaps?

Yeah I played the collegiate baseball games for the PS2 that EA made once they lost the MLB right and I liked them. They probably didn't sell well enough for EA to continue making them.

Yeah I played the collegiate baseball games for the PS2 that EA made once they lost the MLB right and I liked them. They probably didn't sell well enough for EA to continue making them.

Why did they lose their MLB right? Was it the same reason for losing the right to use NCAA?

There was The Bigs too, but I believe that was a more arcade-y title.

My bad, completely forgot about that one :(.

Thanks for the correction :)

Theres a big market for soccer games (at least in the UK) thats why there are at least 2 released a year

I realized that after I re-visted this topic. I should have specified the US doesn't have a market for soccer games. I mean jeez, we like American Football which is pure crap, with too much padding.

Rugby & Soccer players = teh sex

I have NEVER seen a fat Soccer or Rugby player. Though I can't say the same about the NFL.

Why did they lose their MLB right? Was it the same reason for losing the right to use NCAA?

(10 characters)

MVP 05 was one of the best baseball games ever made then 2k buys the rights to the MLB. I dont know why EA would let that happen EA always made the better baseball game. Now we have to live with the 2K's which none have compared to MVP 05.

I agree man.. EA makes better sports games period.

2K games never caught my attention.