PDA

View Full Version : what do you start over with?

X McMuffin X
10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
when you beat the game, and play it on another difficulty, do you start with anything you had from the previous one, or do you start from scratch?

And what if you start over on the same difficulty? DO you keep your cash?

Plus, does anyone know if i buy all guns, if i still get the "one gun" achievement as long if i dont fire any of the other weapons?

Also, does curb stomping the S.O.B's help towards the "brawling" achievement?

i just wanna pick the best path for the achievements....

Deathblow23
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Of all the questions you asked...there's only one that I think isn't answered in the guide & FAQ. I can't say for sure,...but I am fairly sure that stomping on dead bodies doesn NOT count towards the "Brawler" achievement. Everything else can be found in the Achievement Guide & FAQ. Take a peek there...

Orange Julius
10-21-2008, 01:19 AM
When you beat the game, it gives you the option of saving it again. This save slot appears as "Cleared" in the save/load menu. If you load it, you start the game over with all the equipment, money, and upgrades you had when you won, plus a nice bonus for beating the game. The catch is, you're still at the same difficulty level. If you want to move up to a higher difficulty (such as Impossible, for the "Epic Tier 3 Engineer" achievement) you have to start over from scratch.

I'd recommend doing your first playthrough on Easy, to unlock impossible, then doing your second playthrough also on Easy to get the One Gun and Maxed Out achievements. Then start over on Impossible.

Nevander
10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
That is exactly what I'm doing Orange! :D

LEGiT jDP
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Also, does curb stomping the S.O.B's help towards the "brawling" achievement? Not if they are already dead. If you actually kill them by curb stomping and/or punching, then yes. I know because I got the achievement as I curb stomped the 30th enemy to death ;)

EuphoricAmoeba
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
If you actually kill them by curb stomping and/or punching, then yes. I know because I got the achievement as I curb stomped the 30th enemy to death ;)

i got Brawler the same way, so there's 2 confirmations for ya. :)

xCypherZerox
10-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I just beat the game 3 hours ago! yay.

I recommend doing your first run on Easy with only the Plasma Cutter. In the middle or end of that run you can start saving credits and left over nodes for buying and upgrading all the guns/getting weapon kill achievements in your second play through.

I just finished the mining deck on my second play through and I have every achievement besides "Epic Tier 3 Engineer"

Oh the only thing stomping on dead bodies counts towards is Marksman, Surgeon, and Butcher.

Bax x360a
10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
3 playthroughs to get all the achievements? How long does the game take to complete then?

Ryot Control
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
It's around 8-10 hours on easy. For the first run. I also downloaded the free suit from the market place while it was still free. I'm getting one gun on the first run then the weapon achievements the second time around but it shouldn't take a full play through to get them all.