PDA

View Full Version : Song list similar to Rock Band 2

Mustkill9
10-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I mainly just want to know why so many songs are on both GHWT and Rock Band 2. It can't be a coincidence. Anybody have any ideas?

Some of the songs: Everlong, American Woman, Go Your Own Way, Mountain Song, Eye of the Tiger, Today, Feel the Pain, Lazy Eye, Livin On a Prayer, Ramblin Man. And there's a bunch of others.

TooMuchCowbell
10-22-2008, 12:50 AM
My guess is that when the HMX or Neversoft ask the bands for their songs, those bands just decide to give the same song to both games. I guess it's easier or something.

Frozenghost001
10-22-2008, 01:45 AM
i dont know, but i agree with TooMuchCowbell for the most part. But I would really wish that each game would have different songs by the same bands. for example, both games have eye of the tiger, which is pretty lame in my opinion. I dont want to play the same song on two different games, because it gets real, real boring. I like how bands like metallica never have the same songs in two different games (so far...)

ptah182
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Played through 1/2 the game last night, unlocked all "gigs." 1/2 the songs are the same as RB2. A new gig would open and there's at least 1 song there from RB2. Some are complete setlists from RB2, with an encore that is GHWT Exclusive.

You can easily tear through the game in a sitting. It'll make you want to play RB2, since you're pretty much playing half the songs from it anyways.

Mustkill9
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I got a new theory. Maybe there's a list of songs, and it says how much royalties it'll cost to use the song. Then both RB2 and GHWT were looking at the list seperately, and both decided seperately to use a bunch of the cheapest songs. And this is the result. I think it's horrible- they're just plain not giving me good enough tracklists.

I've seen a list before of how much it costs to hire bands to play a private party. It was a list of at like 1000 bands.

Cjmainy
10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok. I understand where you're coming from.
But I find it hard to believe you've got GH:WT before release, and you're complaining about it. If you're unhappy with the game, I would willingly buy it off of you now.
(Well, only if it's the full band kit.)

BigJonMoo73
10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Well I'm glad I'm only going to rent this game and I plan on buying RB2... It seems like all they do is copy each other. So, why do just the guitar when you can do all the instruments?

Iv VeNoM vI
10-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Well I'm glad I'm only going to rent this game and I plan on buying RB2... It seems like all they do is copy each other. So, why do just the guitar when you can do all the instruments?

Not worth it in my opinion, Rockband 2 is good but I also played world tour and i think its definitely better.