PDA

View Full Version : I really don't know about this...

Dnf CrazyGirl
10-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Can some of you who have the game all ready, please let me know what you think about it? I can't decide if I should buy this or rent it?

What do you guys think?

Thank you!

MTS badillin
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
just played it for a good 3 hours

the game looks and feels great!...

its a HUGE map, probably worth the buy (it was to me) but you have to decide for yourself...

Game tip: dont blow up your car. walking from mission to mission takes FOREVER!

Dnf CrazyGirl
10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
It sounds pretty cool, from everything i have read an sceen. I wasnt sure about it though. I'll give a shot an try it.

thank you ;)

Atarii
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Game tip: dont blow up your car. walking from mission to mission takes FOREVER!

srsly! I had some baddies blow up my car during a mission and I had to walk all the way back to the mission start - took for-fawking-ever :*(

so far I've played only the campiagn, it's ok, nothing fantastic. I'm about to go try the multiplayer - hopefully that's awesome.

Rewmac
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
If people play it than no problem, but usually people only play Call Of Duty games, Halo, Battlefield and Gears much online...Games like Far Cry always gets forgotten.

Dnf CrazyGirl
10-22-2008, 11:59 PM
LOL thanks for the tip about the car...I'll try not to blow it up

DemonI81
10-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Can some of you who have the game all ready, please let me know what you think about it? I can't decide if I should buy this or rent it?

What do you guys think?

Thank you!
While it's amazing visually, the gameplay, at least the multiplayer could've been much better. I'd rent it and see if you think you'll get your money's worth. My rule of thumb is 1 hour of gameplay per $1. Obviously you can't always get this, but I try to get close.

agentplatypus
10-23-2008, 02:36 AM
MUST buy. Absolutely incredible game. Best game of 08 thus far, IMO.

DemonI81
10-23-2008, 02:40 AM
I just think the weapons are way too weak, there's no mini-map at all, (I just want one to see the map and my team mates, the maps are huge. And it doesn't show who's talking when someone does so you have no idea who's asking for help or where they are if you're not right on them. Also, the environment is nowhere near as destructible as they made it seem (this may only be in multiplayer to keep the processing requirements down). There's no way, it seems to join with friends and play a Ranked match, Team or otherwise (I expect this for Deathmatch, but not for team games).
It is beautiful though, the best looking game I've ever seen.

SynysterMonkey
10-23-2008, 02:40 AM
If people play it than no problem, but usually people only play Call Of Duty games, Halo, Battlefield and Gears much online...Games like Far Cry always gets forgotten.

Yeah really. This may be one of the most underrated series of all time. Halo fanboys are all like OMG!! forge is the greatest crap evar!! I mean, this game on the Xbox 1 had a map editor 50x better than that crappy excuse for a map editor. The only cool thing about forge is that you can play with your friends.

DemonI81
10-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I love your sig... "Not So Proud Beta Tester: COD WAW" I'm deffinitly dissapointed with WaW. I guess Treyarch really did bite off more than they can chew. I got probably 3 hours of play out of the beta before I was so frustrated and bored.

exo-apollo
10-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Yeah on the 360 perhaps, but on PC and at most of the LANs I used to go to Far Cry was the toast of the town, everyone played it, even more than counter strike.

HELLuSINation
10-23-2008, 08:45 AM
I say buy it. i'm glad i did. i'm having a blast with the multiplayer. haven't barly touched the single player tho.

Bondfan626
10-23-2008, 09:30 PM
for those that have played both, which is better fable 2 or farcry 2?

Smugu
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
This game rules its the europe release today and i have played it since i got it... I just like this kind of game ! 10 thumbs up

exo-apollo
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM
for those that have played both, which is better fable 2 or farcry 2?

I prefer Fable 2, but I have always liked RPGS more than FPS.

Bondfan626
10-29-2008, 11:43 PM
I ended up buying this and fallout. I heard fable is too short, and was very overhyped.