PDA

View Full Version : the scorpion suit, worth it?

Brandon119
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
whats so special about it?
is it worth the 200 points?
is it any better than the elite and military suits?

i wanna get it but i dont wanna waste 200 points

madcap1
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
IMO the scorpion is wicked its worth the D/L. The best suite is the military suit but you dont get it until you beat the game and it costs allot I forget the exact amount sorry. I was glad I got the scorpion suite.

Ryot Control
10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
can anyone take screenshots of the scorpion suit?

scourge
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
can anyone take screenshots of the scorpion suit?

here you go

I wish the 360 had gotten the Obsidian suit though. Black is much cooler:Bounce:

ThrawnOmega
10-22-2008, 05:12 PM
It's got the same stats as the ELite suit, but looks much cooler. It's a level 5 suit you can buy from a shop for ZERO credits, saving you the time and money of upgrading level by level, which makes the Impossible playthrough much, much easier. I thought it was worth it.

Blitzkrieg64
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Scorp is definately worth the 200 MS points (especially if you play at the higher difficulty levels where you start with nothing). I couldn't imagine running through Impossible without it...

Lvl 6 suit is 95,000 credits and is only available AFTER you beat the game at that level of difficulty.

Brandon119
10-22-2008, 06:26 PM
IMO the scorpion is wicked its worth the D/L. The best suite is the military suit but you dont get it until you beat the game and it costs allot I forget the exact amount sorry. I was glad I got the scorpion suite.

yeah. i unlocked the military suit. its 99,000 credits though!
D:
but its pretty tight
and
thanks
:D
i'm playing through the impossible difficulty and getting my ass handed to me
haha

doesnt it make you more powerful? or something like that?

Jeo
10-22-2008, 10:46 PM
The free Elite suit has 10% armor
and the Scorpion suit has 25% armor
If your planning on playing Impossible it would be a good idea to have it

Tai_MT
10-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I like the extra slots in the suit...

How do you know how much armor it offers?

I traded up from the Elite Suit to the Scorpion one on Chapter 7, just so I could change things up a little halfway through the game.

Jeo
10-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I like the extra slots in the suit...

How do you know how much armor it offers?

I traded up from the Elite Suit to the Scorpion one on Chapter 7, just so I could change things up a little halfway through the game.
To find out read page 3 of the manual
if your asking me I read it somewhere else and I might be wrong, but you have both so if you wouldn't mind, could you check the armor percentages?

Fire Mage
10-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I downloaded the free Elite Suit but haven't played the game yet.

How do you get the upgraded suit achievement if you have the Elite Suit (which says it is already Level 5? Idk the highest level).

Jeo
10-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I downloaded the free Elite Suit but haven't played the game yet.

How do you get the upgraded suit achievement if you have the Elite Suit (which says it is already Level 5? Idk the highest level).
You upgrade the "Rig" that's attached to the suit, not the suit itself
Your Rig is what manages your Health and Oxygen

Atarii
10-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I got the scorpion suit because I enjoyed the game so much and I knew I'd be playing it multiple times I figured having an extra cool looking suit would be worth the 200 points :P

Powerman1469
10-23-2008, 01:17 AM
what are you guys talking about the lvl 6 suit is free.. -_-

Zacxx201
10-23-2008, 01:19 AM
That suit looks sick I'm going to buy that with MP for sure!

PG_MaxPayne
10-23-2008, 02:36 AM
You upgrade the "Rig" that's attached to the suit, not the suit itself
Your Rig is what manages your Health, Stasis, and Kinesis

Actually the Rig manages your health and oxygen levels. Stasis and Kinesis are separate.

what are you guys talking about the lvl 6 suit is free.. -_-

Actually that is incorrect. The level 6 suit (Military) costs 99,000 credits. The Elite and Scorpion suits are the ones that are free and they are only level 5.

scourge
10-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Actually that is incorrect. The level 6 suit (Military) costs 99,000 credits. The Elite and Scorpion suits are the ones that are free and they are only level 5.

ironic that the free suit in the game actually costs MS points.

I played the game through on Hard, one gun in the elite suit. Only way to go.

Fujaa
10-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I played through Impossible with the free DLC 'Elite' suit and had absolutely no problems. Impossible is a sad excuse for a hardest difficulty.

Skelix
10-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Nice, I like the look of that suit, I'll have to pick it up. I didn't realize it had a better armor rating than the other DLC suit (the free one). I haven't played through Impossible yet and this will be a nice change of scenery.

Also Armor % are shown under one of the tab screens. Prob inventory I'm thinking.

grover117
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I have a question. If I were to download the scorpion suit and use it halfway through my first play through, will I be able to use it again when I go through on impossible? Will anything be affected (achievements)?

It seems as though it would be much easier to go through impossible with a level 5 suit (with extra armor) instead of a level 1. haha

Lordvader178
10-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone have pics of the Elite suit?

Also, what is the best suit to use?

Scorpion
Elite
Commando (once you beat the game)

Seany Show
10-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Once I read this thread, I decided to go out and get the Scorpion suit and lets just say it is worthwhile and have nearly finished the game on hard in 8hours.If its your 1st go through the game I recommend getting it because otherwise just go for the Commando suit 2nd time through.

Arshak
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I played through Impossible with the free DLC 'Elite' suit and had absolutely no problems. Impossible is a sad excuse for a hardest difficulty.

rofl yea right and i bet u didnt use the statis cheat either ? rofl

and yea the scorpion DLC is well worth it... im actually surprised it was only 200 mp :S

SIR TRICE
10-25-2008, 03:46 PM
rofl yea right and i bet u didnt use the statis cheat either ? rofl

and yea the scorpion DLC is well worth it... im actually surprised it was only 200 mp :S

wait wait
so you buy the scrop suit on xbox live market place?
and its better then the level 6 armor?
*which by the way looks like a storm trooper*

Jeo
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone have pics of the Elite suit?

Also, what is the best suit to use?

Scorpion
Elite
Commando (once you beat the game)

The best suit is the Military Suit you get once you beat the game
It has full Inventory and 30% Armor
It does not get any better than that
From weakest to strongest (Armor)

Level 1 Suit (5% Armor)
Level 2 Suit (10% Armor)
Elite Suit/PS3 Suit (10% Armor)
Level 3 Suit (15% Armor)
Level 4 Suit (20% Armor)
Level 5 Suit (25% Armor)
Scorpion Suit (25% Armor)
Military Suit (30% Armor)

All three DLC suits have max inventory

UK Mylo
10-25-2008, 11:30 PM

There's always one. Well if it's too easy suppose you can always go back to doing 'Mile High Club' blindfolded with one hand, or maybe even Ninja Gaiden 2 on 'Master Ninja' without having the TV turned on.

Spades68
10-25-2008, 11:35 PM
UK Mylo, I did them both, twice! With my house on fire. Oh and whether or not the scorpian suit is worth it via stats or inventory, I bought it just because it was red, had red lights, and it kind of reminds me of Soviet Engineers (red alert).
________
MIDDLE EASTERN COOKING (http://www.cooking-chef.com/middle-eastern/)

Beardyboo
10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
If you pre orderd dead space from game they send you an email with a redeem code to get the scorpion suit for free.

Hentai Otaku
10-26-2008, 07:00 PM
if you can get if for free go for it, as for if it is worth the 200 mp i'm going to have to say no, you should go through the game the first time with the normal armors for the fullest experience in my opinion, after that you get the level 6 military armor(which despite being 99k credits that's nothing after you beat the game, i had 300k after going through my first time with only the plasma cutter for the one gun achievement) and there's a way to glitch it so the 3rd time when you start a new game on impossible you can start out wearing the military armor.

On a side note it does look pretty sweet, to bad you can't switch armors throughout the game(would be fun to try doing a new game + with the level 1 armor the whole time)

Beardyboo
10-27-2008, 08:56 AM
On a side note it does look pretty sweet, to bad you can't switch armors throughout the game(would be fun to try doing a new game + with the level 1 armor the whole time)

I thought you could? I mean, you can, I swapped between elite ans scorpion a few times at the shop