PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have the soilder armor on imposible mode.

TotalAbyssDeath
10-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Well I just finished off easy mode for the second time to get all the achevements now I am starting on imposible mode and It starts you off with the soilder armor I was useing at the end of easy mode round 2, aka the level 6 30% armor.

So My question is is that normal to have that armor right off the bat for imposible mode after completing the game the first or second time on other difficulty modes?

Also will it effect me getting the Epic teir 3 enginer achievement at all?

SoLo
10-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Well I just finished off easy mode for the second time to get all the achevements now I am starting on imposible mode and It starts you off with the soilder armor I was useing at the end of easy mode round 2, aka the level 6 30% armor.

So My question is is that normal to have that armor right off the bat for imposible mode after completing the game the first or second time on other difficulty modes?

Also will it effect me getting the Epic teir 3 enginer achievement at all?

I've heard of this happening, and NO it won't effect Epic Tier 3, don't worry.

monk2112
10-23-2008, 06:34 AM
is it possible to start "impossible" mode with all of ur equipment from ur "normal" game?

RonanN1
10-23-2008, 11:57 AM
is it possible to start "impossible" mode with all of ur equipment from ur "normal" game?

I think so :). Use this trick ;)

Save after finishing the game. Then, load your CLEARED GAME save. You will start a new game on the difficulty which you previously beat the game with all your Items, all your upgraded equipment, including 10 extra power nodes, 50,000 extra credits, and the schematic for the Military suit (a LEVEL 6 SUIT that costs 99,000 credits).

FooToo
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
will that even work?

Dude Rain
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I think so :). Use this trick ;)

Save after finishing the game. Then, load your CLEARED GAME save. You will start a new game on the difficulty which you previously beat the game with all your Items, all your upgraded equipment, including 10 extra power nodes, 50,000 extra credits, and the schematic for the Military suit (a LEVEL 6 SUIT that costs 99,000 credits).

That starts another game at the same difficulty you just cleared...

jamie122
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
yea it starts you off on the same difficulty... if anyone knows some tricks to make impossible mode easier that would be great. its my only achievement left and it is hard as SHIT with the beginning armor and no upgrades...

Blitzkrieg64
10-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I've heard of this happening, and NO it won't effect Epic Tier 3, don't worry.

Ok, if it's true then this would be the only reason I could even think of to complete the second run through (before I attempt Impossible). I'm up to chapter 8 (second run) and have all achievements except Tier 3, Slugger and Don't get cocky (the last two I'll never get...the turret gives me too many problems for whatever reason).

Nitroxide
10-25-2008, 06:49 AM
F***ing A! It works! I just beat the game on medium a second time earning all but the Epic Tier 3 Engineer Ach. using the level 6 armor. Then I saved the cleared game and started a new one on Impossible difficulty. Sure as shit Isaac is wearing the lvl 6 suit. I have none of my previous inventory though :mad:. It even says Level 6 suit 30% armor and 70sec of air in the inventory screen.

JBong6
10-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Yea it happened to me too, I beat the game twice on easy for every other achievement, saving Teir 3 for last and when I started impossible mode I had Level 6 suit :woop: but not upgraded and no other items. Just 1 badass suit to start off with.

Pye
10-27-2008, 06:12 AM
What, you guys are complaining about this?

Blitzkrieg64
10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
What, you guys are complaining about this?

I don't think anyone is complaining. We're all just surprised to be able to start Impossible with the Lvl 6 suit...as opposed to starting with absolutely nothing.

BTW: it worked for me too...played easy through twice and started Impossible with the suit :eek: ....promptly RAN to the first save point ;)

_DoTTeR_
10-30-2008, 03:41 AM
didn't
work
me
beat
game
twice
on
normal
went
to
impossible
wasn't
there
:mad:

WtfPugs
10-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Wtf, ditto. Just beat it on hard and started impossible with the first suit.

Hm, made it to the 2nd station and it hasn't been that rough so far. Maybe I should just man up and do it.

lingenfelser
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
didn't
work
me
beat
game
twice
on
normal
went
to
impossible
wasn't
there
:mad:

Same here.
Completed 2 complete playthroughs on Medium (Normal) Difficulty.

Load CLEARED SAVE for a 3rd run.
Quit to menu.
Selected NEW game, IMPOSSIBLE difficulty and started with Level 1 suit?!?!?

Is there something I'm missing?
A certain way to start IMPOSSIBLE from the menu?
Any help would be mucho appreciated.
Otherwise I'll just start new and use the SKORPION suit.

Nitroxide
11-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Ok so this was an old thread but I think I'm seeing a problem that some people may be having with unlocking the lvl 6 suit for impossible diff.. It may be a moot point now that the DLC is out and you can get a lvl5 suit with 60% armor bonus but if you don't plan on buying the DLC then this might be for you.

After you beat the game a second time go ahead and save the cleared game after the credits end but DO NOT load up the cleared game for a 3rd round. Instead immediately start a new game on impossible difficulty. See if that works...

Exane22
11-18-2008, 07:35 AM
After reading all of the post, it sounds like you need to be actually wearing the lvl 6 suit when you finish your second play through for it to be there when you start a game on Impossible. I don't really believe it but that seems to be the only thing that makes any sense.

Didn't you guys download the free lvl 5 suit when the game came out anyways?

RedDwarfUK
11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Well, I just finished the game a second time round on medium finishing the game wearing the Elite suit (think thats what its caled, anyhow, the one that you get when you complete the game 1st time round).

I saved the game and just created a new game straight away on impossible, that didnt work. Tried loading the game save and that didnt work either.

The common factor here seems to be Medium play. Has anyone got this suit on impossible when they have played through medium?