PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about this now

daninthemix
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I've read in several reviews that travelling becomes a pain in the arse and that you're attacked every two minutes. Has anyone who's played the game got an opinion on this?

Thanks

bizarrobryann
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
yea man i mean, if you decide to run down a dirt path the entire game, yea there are guard stations, but its quite easy to avoid every one of them if you really wanted to. as for taking forever, there is usually at least 1 car at every check station as well as a buggy at your safehouse after a few missions so if you dont want to admire the scenery and decided you just wanted to spend $60 for 1000 acheivement points then take a car.

J Lew332
10-24-2008, 02:15 AM
I just bought and personally do not like the game. Its just like any other shooter and it can be very annoying. Wait for COD and Gears 2 if your into those 2 games, cuz this wont even go near my Xbox once those 2 come out.

Matty079
10-24-2008, 06:38 AM
CoD5 is shit, everyone has come to that conclusion. But waiting for Gears 2 is a good idea, but i thought you could buy more then one game per year?

Far Cry 2 is a very good game. The MP is strong and the Single Player is pretty decent too. Nothing about it stands out, it is just an average decent shooter that is worth a play.

Yes you get attacked quite often, but with a car, you can simple drive through or around the guard posts without having to stop. Also, once you work out the Bus Stations, you can travel rather quickly. You need patience for this game.

agentplatypus
10-24-2008, 06:51 AM
This game is amazing. Buy it for sure.

chenry
10-24-2008, 02:11 PM
CoD5 is shit, everyone has come to that conclusion. But waiting for Gears 2 is a good idea, but i thought you could buy more then one game per year?

Really? Because a lot of the previews I've seen are calling CoD WaW a really good game; all the good aspects of CoD4 and whatnot. And it has 4-p co-op.