PDA

View Full Version : Need only 6 points, 2 easiest 3 point achievements in game?

Schloob
10-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Alrighty, now it sounds goofy but I am coming up on 100,000 gamerscore and I worked it out that once I finish Lego Batman I will need only 981 for 100K. I have Madden 09 and will be able to get 975 easily without getting the last 75 point achievement there. So my question is of the 3 point achievements in this game are there 2 of the 4 I can do without fear of getting any other achievements by accident. I'm obviously going to play the game after that but just would like to get a picture if possible of 100K:) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Buy the Ticket, Take the ride
Home is Where One Starts From
Scientia Potentia Est
Napalm in the Morning

hoernchen
10-24-2008, 07:58 AM
I'd say, go with:

Napalm in the Morning and Buy the Ticket, take the Ride

Here's what to do.

Go to Singleplayer - New Game - Select any Civ (not the English) and Chieftain Difficulty.

After the Game starts, build your City. You'll get 1 Unit for free, which will easily get you both Achievements. (You could select the Zulu, because their Units start with 2 Movement instead of 1)

Now make sure that your city is set on gold production only, that way you will have no growing population, will not finish any wonder or building and you will not research any Abilities.

Then take your soldier and move him around the map. Usually you can find Barbarian Villages all over the map and usually at least 2-3 only a few turns from your city. Don't attack yet. Now go search for any civilization. Usually they can be found within only a few turns too.

When you find another civilization (Barbarians don't count) you should get 'Buy the Ticket...' now track back to any of these Barbarian Villages and fight it. That should net you the 'Napalm...' one.

Just be careful to not fight to often. After six Battles you would get 'Before all else, be armed'.

btw: Before something comes up. I don't have anything against the English, but they produce Culture (Monarchy) and you might get another Achievement before getting your two 3 pointers.
-------------

I'd recommend you to get those two out of the way before you get Madden, because it's easy to 'overachieve' the 6 points, if you do not exactly know what you're doing. You could always try this method on some testaccount first.

ODST Streck
10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd say, go with:

Napalm in the Morning and Buy the Ticket, take the Ride

Here's what to do.

Go to Singleplayer - New Game - Select any Civ (not the English) and Chieftain Difficulty.

After the Game starts, build your City. You'll get 1 Unit for free, which will easily get you both Achievements. (You could select the Zulu, because their Units start with 2 Movement instead of 1)

Now make sure that your city is set on gold production only, that way you will have no growing population, will not finish any wonder or building and you will not research any Abilities.

Then take your soldier and move him around the map. Usually you can find Barbarian Villages all over the map and usually at least 2-3 only a few turns from your city. Don't attack yet. Now go search for any civilization. Usually they can be found within only a few turns too.

When you find another civilization (Barbarians don't count) you should get 'Buy the Ticket...' now track back to any of these Barbarian Villages and fight it. That should net you the 'Napalm...' one.

Just be careful to not fight to often. After six Battles you would get 'Before all else, be armed'.

btw: Before something comes up. I don't have anything against the English, but they produce Culture (Monarchy) and you might get another Achievement before getting your two 3 pointers.
-------------

I'd recommend you to get those two out of the way before you get Madden, because it's easy to 'overachieve' the 6 points, if you do not exactly know what you're doing.

This is what I was thinking except I couldn't remember if finding barbarians counted or not for discovering a civ. Also, I agree that when you get these two I would quit the game immediately because a lot of other easy achievements will follow in the next few turns of the game. Good luck and congrats on almost 100k!

Schloob
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys on the quick response, will let you know how it works out probably this weekend.

Schloob
10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys for the help, I ended up having to get 26 points but I still got my 100K exact. When I was searching for the civilization I accidentally found something else that gave me 9 points and I was like DAMN now what. Luckily I worked it out to get to the 26 point total and able to find 2 achievements to get that totalled 95 points in Madden instead. Later

abanks47
11-29-2009, 01:14 AM
i have a similar problem, accept i only need 3 points and have already done civ. any one help?