PDA

View Full Version : I just played the demo

wild dog
10-24-2008, 02:13 AM
I just played the PS3 demo (dont know why the 360 demo isnt out yet ?) It was really bad.

you get to play a 1v1 or 2v2, the wrestlers in it are HHH, Shawn Michaels, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy.

It plays just like 2008 but you dont have the showman,hardcore stuff as a finisher, it is just your wrestlers natural ability, so they all have 2 finishers one you can store and the other you cant, it is no longer pushing the stick in a different direction changes the finisher.

The graphics are amazing but the only thing is... THE CAMERA, as soon as you go out the ring its like a resident evil game, you no longer see whats going on around you instead the camera is fixed into corners which makes fighting really annoying, I was trying to whip someone onto the table and it took ages as I couldnt see what the hell I was doing. Alos in a tag match you cant see what your partner is doing, like if your going for the pin all you hear (not see) is the other 2 fighting not knowing whats going on.

They also added this really stupid unrealistic move in tag games where no matter where you are in the ring you can press the tag button when you are in the red ??? WTF

The demo still has King and JR :confused: and HHH on Raw but hey its a demo.

If the camera in the demo is the same as the final product iam going to be really pissed :( and will end up going back to 2008.

Before anyone moans saying oh but thats the PS3 demo ITS NOT, both 360 and PS3 get the same demo.

King 0f Kings
10-24-2008, 02:42 AM
You have 2 specials and 2 signature moves. Look at IGN, it shows that each person ahs 2 different specials, not the ones that you store which are signature moves

wild dog
10-24-2008, 04:14 AM
You have 2 specials and 2 signature moves. Look at IGN, it shows that each person ahs 2 different specials, not the ones that you store which are signature moves

Well in the tutorial it says different, ex - Jeff hardy - you get a finisher (special) and store it so it becomes a signature move which you can use any time, then if you get the bar full again you have the chance to do another finisher (special). In the game Jeff hardy has 1 finisher(special) "the twist of fate" and when you store the signature that becomes "the swanton bomb"

We will just need to see when the game comes out cos the demo is utter shit. :(

xJMx Joker
10-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I got this for PS3 aswell, i quite enjoyed until i went outisde of the ring, trying to get Trip through a table was hard :P. In the actual game i think the people on IGN were saying you can turn the camera angles off. I never got a chance to use the hot tag option because the computer was set to like super easy or something, but i thought it was an improvement on last year. One thing that does annoy me is Lillian Garcia. She sounds so wierd when announcing people.

Amanjira
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know when the 360 demo will come out? :Bounce:

UNDERWALLY
10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, that disappoints me a bit, I'm still not completely sure if I'm going to uy this game, the demos sounds very disappointing

bambamfn
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
rumor is there will be no demo for the 360 as there was a demo for 08 on the 360 but not ps3... so this year they get it and we dont =(

EvilestBean
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Hopefully they bring out the 360 version soon:).

Thorpe
11-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Annoyed about there being no demo on Xbox 360. I was going to download the PS3 demo this week...until I noticed the game arrived today anyway. :woop: