PDA

View Full Version : super suggestion!!!!

risutheone
10-26-2008, 03:09 AM
I suggest that users cant rate games until they come out!!!!

Marx0r
10-26-2008, 03:30 AM
This has been suggested, and it's happening. It's just a matter of no one having the time to code it yet.

risutheone
10-26-2008, 03:34 AM
how much coding is neccessary, cuz i got sum free time

Eternal
10-26-2008, 03:49 AM
Do you know how to code in PHP and other languages?

risutheone
10-26-2008, 03:59 AM
i dibble and dabble in php, and am mostly skilled in html

Falcongale
10-26-2008, 06:10 AM
i dibble and dabble in php, and am mostly skilled in html

You cant really be 'skilled' in HTML because its dead simple to do - and even then there are 101 programs to do it for you anyway without knowing how to code...

poolplaya333
11-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I could code it, I am skilled with php and mysql and wouldn't mind coding this mod for this site.

Tussell
11-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt as though this needed to be implemented. It totally skews the rating of games.

The Pants Party
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Routine will take care of it when he has time.

But I really don't think it skews things that much. Once the game comes out, the ratings pour in and games tend to level out at what they really should be.

Tussell
11-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Routine will take care of it when he has time.

But I really don't think it skews things that much. Once the game comes out, the ratings pour in and games tend to level out at what they really should be.
That's true. It's mostly just one of my pet peeves. much like the "FIRST" comments in the articles.

People go on assumptions too much. Especially on highly anticipated games such as Halo 3. I mean, people were saying HALO 3 WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER before the game was announced.

I'm just glad to hear that it's going to be done one day, because it has always bugged me.

Khalus Akuhei
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
What would be even better {though I know it'd never happen} is you couldn't rate a game unless your gamertag has been flagged that you've tried the demo to its completion or own the game and have played for so long.

Only then could you leave a rating, and that way you're not getting feedback from people that only rate games based on what they read and see in screens and videos. Cause there have been too many times personally for me where I read a review and was discouraged about a game, but then one day played it and thought, "why did I ever listen to the reviewers, this game rocks or yeah it does suck!"

There are so many people that say bad things about games that they're not interested in it at all just to discourage others for no good reason and its annoying. There are also mass fanboys of certain genres that give high scores and hype games beyond what they deserve just cause they like it too as well.

Ah well, such is the gaming life...heh :p