Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Gackt
    03-23-2011 03:28 PM
    Gackt
    Glad to hear you're all ok : )
  2. UCB Disco
    03-23-2011 06:54 AM
    UCB Disco
    Hey! Thanks for checking up on me. The wife and I are fine. It was an extremely stressful situation, as we were in Tokyo. With my wife being 7 months pregnant, my company indefinitely moved us back to the states to be safe from the radiation. Although the situation isn't as bad as the media is portraying it, even a little radiation could extremely damage or kill our unborn son.

So we are currently in Colorado and are planning on having the baby in America. Hopefully things in Japan will clear up in the coming months, and we'll be able to move back by the end of the summer. Thanks again for your concern, and sorry for the late response. It was a lot of moving and not much internet usage.
  3. Gackt
    03-13-2011 06:01 PM
    Gackt
    Hey man, are you and your family alright? Are you in the area where the Tsunami devastated?
  4. UCB Disco
    03-01-2011 02:30 PM
    UCB Disco
    I know, right! Pizza should be easy!

And thanks for the congrats! We're really excited.
  5. Gackt
    03-01-2011 11:38 AM
    Gackt
    LOL talk about ruining a great food... yuck. Congrats on having your first child!
  6. UCB Disco
    03-01-2011 11:10 AM
    UCB Disco
    No problem with the help. I see a lot of people with Japanese on their profiles, so I try my best to correct them, you know, just in case some Japanese people might check out your profile. That way you can impress them.

I've lived here off and on for a few years. Currently, the wife and I have been here for almost 2 years straight and even about to have our first kid here. It really is a fantastic country, but there are definitely things I miss about America... like pizza. *shivers* Japanese people just DON'T know how to make one. Seriously. they but corn and mayonnaise on pizza. Who does that?! hahaha.
  7. Gackt
    03-01-2011 02:45 AM
    Gackt
    lol, thanks alot : )
    How long have you lived there? I really want to go someday.
  8. UCB Disco
    02-28-2011 06:23 PM
    UCB Disco
    ... (continued)

When using 好き or 大好き, you should use the particle が after the object of liking. Lastly, if you apply something like よ at the end of a sentence, it implies "without question!" So 私は実績が大好きですよ translates into English as "I definitely love achievements!"

I hope that was helpful, since you said you like Japanese. If you have any questions about Japan or the language, feel free to ask. I do live here.
  9. UCB Disco
    02-28-2011 06:23 PM
    UCB Disco
    Hey, man. Just checked out your Xbox LIVE profile, and I was going to help you with your Japanese, if you don't mind.

You have, 「私は達成を愛する」. Translated into English, this sounds fine, but in Japanese, this sounds really, really weird. I'll explain; 達成 (Achievement) is better translated as "Goal in Life". 愛する is the verb to be IN LOVE with something, like family, wife, kids, etc. Using it outside that context is usually pretty weird.

Here are better terms and a corrected sentence; 実績 (じっせき) is the actual Japanese word used on Xbox LIVE for achievements, so that would definitely be more applicable. And instead of using 愛する, use 好き (すき) or 大好き (だいすき), which both mean having a strong liking or fascination with something, including all of things, friends, and family. So what you want to say is;

私は実績が大好きですよ!