Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > NathAttack
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between NathAttack and Crimson Ridley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 16
  1. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 06:19 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    Same with me, I suck at games when playing with people I don't really know.

Haha, good night. I hope you get that last 10g soon, and remember to post in the 1000 sign-up straight away, otherwise you might not be 2nd, though I doubt there's someone else here with a 1000 yet.
  2. NathAttack
    12-12-2009 06:16 PM
    NathAttack
    Haha. So many of my workmates have asked for my help with Special Ops. Thing is, I find it hard to work with other people in co-op situations, especially on Veteran. I have one friend who I'm just totally sync'd with, he's my co-op buddy for everything, and it was little to no trouble for us, but I've tried helping other people out and theres no chemistry or communication there, we never get far. I can't freelance like that, I've got friends for co-op and friends for competetive and they rarely mix well

Anyway, I'm going to bed, it's 5:15am here! I was going to go at like 3am but then I five starred B&P and got a massive adrenaline rush, but I'm coming down now, so goodnight brother. Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll have a new 1k on my list
  3. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 06:10 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    I keep meaning to buy the Slipknot pack, but haven't got around to buying some points. I still hate Harmonix for LEGO Rock Band. So pathetic the way they've done DLC on that game.

CoD is all that is talked about where I work, at Subway. If I talk about GH/DJH/RB, they don't care. It's all MW2, and how they are so great at it, and all the nukes they've gotten (I know most of them have been boosted though). But to them, rhythm games are all a case of pressing buttons... which is true for CoD too, but you can't tell them that.
  4. NathAttack
    12-12-2009 06:06 PM
    NathAttack
    Haha. I CANNOT use Hyperspeed on anything. I just can't. Even on drums, I can five-star "What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse", but with hyperspeed/breakneck speed I'll JUST reach four stars. That reminds me, we need to play some RB2 soon! I picked up the Slipknot pack

My friends at work also don't see how much skill is involved in rhythm games. I work as a referee at a paintball field, so surprisngly enough, if you get into a gaming discussion with other referees, CoD takes the most skill, ever, according to them. :P
  5. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 06:01 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    Exactly, GH may have prepared me for the whole rhythm thing, but I never played that DJ game IIDX or something, so I started DJ Hero with no knowledge of anything really.

I'm really proud of it too, but unfortunately my friends that I see at work don't play these games and don't understand just how difficult they are. So my words fall on deaf ears basically.

And you're on, hopefully they are released at the same time. I hope FreeStyleGames work on some problems though, like maybe include a Practice Mode, and have HyperDeck as an option and not a cheat. Which reminds me, this is the first "Hero" I've finished without the use of Hyper-anything.
  6. NathAttack
    12-12-2009 05:52 PM
    NathAttack
    See thats what happened with me. I mentally gave up on it right away. I played about three songs on Medium then unlocked all songs and tried Groundhog on Expert and got like just over one star, and was like fuck this

I try to avoid sounding like I'm up my own ass here, but the thing is, being that DJ Hero is a totally new concept and there's been no previous game to (directly) prepare us for this, I think this shows just how proficient at any rhythm game you and I really are. We both obviously picked it up quick enough to have five starred everything by now. I'm really damn proud of what I've done, and I'll tell anyone who'll listen.

Where as when a new GH game comes out now, it's like, we've both been playing for years and we've already got tons of experience, so its not as big a deal anymore.

Here's to a race to complete DJ Hero 2! Haha!
  7. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 05:45 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    I'd say it is one of the hardest too. I can't really think of anything that is more difficult. It doesn't seem so hard to us, but we are Rhythm Veterans.

I'm more proud of this than any recent GH, I can tell you that. Maybe not as much as GH3 though, which I 1k'ed around this time last year. I remember that thread still.

But, I really didn't think I had the skill to 1k this game, when I bought it I gave up on 1k'ing it straight away because I thought I couldn't do it. Turns out, I have a knack for DJ Hero, seemingly moreso than Guitar Hero.
  8. NathAttack
    12-12-2009 05:39 PM
    NathAttack
    Haha, I saw it a week or so ago on ScoreHero and was like "I want that.".

Should be getting Double Trouble tomorrow, I'm actually really looking forward to being able to look at my card and seeing one of the (arguably) hardest games of 09 sitting on there, completed!
  9. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 05:35 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    Nice one! You're using the banner I'm using too! I don't think there's many people who are using that banner right now.

Just get Double Trouble and join me in the 1000 club!
  10. Crimson Ridley
    12-12-2009 03:46 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    That's awesome. You'll be the 2nd to 1k on here. I'm glad my advice helped, I wasn't sure if I was just rambling.