Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Ultrapro
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Ultrapro and Exhausted Dad
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Exhausted Dad
    07-17-2009 11:56 PM
    Exhausted Dad
    Message part 2
    Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. Do you remember when Dragons Lair came out at the Arcade? I remember my dad taking me to the arcade at the mall and seeing that game for the 1st time. It was so amazing seeing those graphics, just like a cartoon. I remember wondering "when are they gonna make more games like that?".
    Gaming has always been one of my greatest loves. I took a while off several different times in my life, but I always came back for more. Now that I'm older, married with kids and such, I see it being a constant in my life. They have come so far, especially in the story lines. IMO, a lot of games are just as good as books and definitely better than most movies. It is welcome change to see games as mainstreamed and social accepted as they are today.
    That's a basic outline of my love story with video gaming. I hope it didn't bore you too much.
  2. Exhausted Dad
    07-17-2009 11:56 PM
    Exhausted Dad
    message part 1
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, my computer was down. I am 33, turning 34 next weekend, and having been gaming since 1980 (Atari). Back then my favs were Pac-man(everyone back then liked it), Combat, Frogger and Pitfall. Back in those days arcades were the only places to play "cool games". Through the years, as you know, they just got better and better. From my Nintendo,Super Nes, N64, and then I believe it went to Dreamcast, then PS1 ( which I did not keep for long). Can't remember, but I think I went back to Dreamcast and then finally on to Xbox. I think the controller from DC was a big reason for sticking with X1. It sure wasn't the game selection, they didn't have much of a selection for a long time. I'm very happy they addressed that issue with the 360. Now there are too many, LOL.
  3. Ultrapro
    07-14-2009 12:43 PM
    Ultrapro
    Thanks mate, I try! I'm not as nuts as I was when the DC came out, I am keeping my old games for Nostalgic value etc but now on my 360 I part exchange any crappy games back in against good ones lol. My Dreamcast was and still is my pride and joy. I am actually getting a NEW game today that came out in Japan called Dux, probably not going to be any good but it has to be done or what kind of DC nut am i? lol.

So if you don't mind me asking, your name is Exhausted Dad and you say you have a similar story to me, are you a similar age? I'm 27, which was obvious from the fact that I put my year of birth as 27 lol, nice to meet the occasional like minded gamer, its a very rare thing seeing as games now a days are a large part of pop culture when compared to how shuned it seemed to be back in the early 90's! Obviously it was popular back then but not on the same scale as today I would think
  4. Exhausted Dad
    07-14-2009 11:41 AM
    Exhausted Dad
    Thanks for the pic comment. My wife found that shelf at Target about 2 yrs ago and we had to get it. Its unique for sure. BTW awesome collection, the DC was the shiznit, I still can't believe it fell off like it did.