Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Capn Doug
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Capn Doug and DOOKH8R
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 25
  1. Capn Doug
    01-20-2013 03:24 AM
    Capn Doug
    Meh, I just think it's amusing to play the race card. I know they just went alphabeticly (Israel is after Ireland). I really don't care who wins or loses, and pretty much everyone has probably forgotten why I am healing Israel and Lebanon, but I'll keep doing it until they are both gone. In the end, it's just a game. I take the NHL version a little more seriously, though.
  2. DOOKH8R
    01-20-2013 03:05 AM
    DOOKH8R
    I better let my post in the hurt or heal thread be my last on the topic, or I will end up being banished away. Appreciate the sentiment though.
  3. DOOKH8R
    08-11-2012 04:02 AM
    DOOKH8R
    Its definitely rougher than the womens games were when I was at UNC (they were perennial NCAA champions that decade). That one Colombian player gave Wambach a nasty shiner on that punch.
  4. Capn Doug
    08-11-2012 03:21 AM
    Capn Doug
    That being said, the US still had about 15 more minutes to tie it up after the bad call, so there is nothing to say that they would not have, but given the odds of scoring on the penalty kick, they were pretty much gifted a goal by a bad call.

At least that's my interpretation of it. My knowledge of soccer is total, though it was a much rougher game than I can remember seeing (I did look into the rules that caused the strange calls, though).
  5. Capn Doug
    08-11-2012 03:19 AM
    Capn Doug
    It was a bad call that lead to the penalty kick that allowed the US to tie the game and win it in extra time. The controversial call was legal, but very, very rare. Essentially, it is not a hand ball so long as the hand that touches the ball is between the shoulders and close to the torso. Nault had a ball coming at her chest, and moved to protect herself. This was called a hand ball erroneously, giving a PK.

The controversial call came because the goalie held the ball too long, which is usually called as time wasting (a yellow card). Instead it was called as a free kick since she is not allowed to hold the ball for more than six seconds (an American player was counting out loud beside the ref every time she made a save). The hand ball came off the free kick, which lead to the penalty kick and so on. A lot of minor contact that could have easily been penalized was not, though, which is why many people will tell you that the reffing was generally poor.
  6. DOOKH8R
    08-10-2012 11:19 PM
    DOOKH8R
    I know virtually nothing about the rules of soccer or the judging thereof, so indulge me this one question- was the US win over Canada tainted?
  7. Capn Doug
    06-29-2012 10:49 PM
    Capn Doug
    It's only a half truth depending on whether or not you consider Canada to have been a distinct entity in 1812 and when you consider the war to have ended. But pinning down when Canada became a distinct entity is like pinning down the fall of the Roman Empire, neither were instantaneous.
  8. Capn Doug
    08-28-2011 10:17 PM
    Capn Doug
    No, I just didn't pay for a ticket to the PAXtra Life party, so I didn't go. I was all over PAX, just not that party (tickets were pricey at the door).
  9. DOOKH8R
    08-28-2011 10:14 PM
    DOOKH8R
    Ah. It makes sense now. I am guessing you bailed on Pax, and Minty is showing his displeasure.
  10. Capn Doug
    08-28-2011 10:02 PM
    Capn Doug
    Not my choice. At least I'm not a Bieber...