Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Madhatters13
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Madhatters13 and KillerBEA
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 155
  1. KillerBEA
    12-07-2015 05:30 PM
    KillerBEA
    Well the last move was due to financial strife and needing to move in with my Grandpa. When I move a town over, it will be so I can live with in biking/walking distance of school and work. I currently have to drive up the interstate whenever I need to go to work. Not the best thing when the weather can be pretty messed up.

I have struggled with motivation in the past. I have made it part of my routine to work out 6 days a week for an hour to two hours. There are some days I have to remind myself it's non-negotiable and I have to go. The hard part is stepping into the gym each day, once I get going I have a hard time stopping. I always feel really good after each workout unless I absolutely failed what I was trying to do.

That's awesome that you did well on your mid terms. Also pretty great that you got some gaming motivation back and finally got yourself an xbox one.. What games did you get for it?
  2. Madhatters13
    12-07-2015 05:21 PM
    Madhatters13
    Good to hear you're settled. If you move again at least it shouldn't be as daunting as the last one you made. What's made you decide to move again, if you don't mind me asking?

That sounds really good too. I've never been able to find the motivation to start doing anything like that seriously, so I'm... a long way away from being musclebound.

Life's been pretty good for me. I scored well in my midterms a few weeks back and I've gotten back into gaming more since the last time we spoke. I have an X1 now, so not the odd staff out anymore too. Surprised I never received a certain pretty award for that at any point lol.
  3. KillerBEA
    12-07-2015 05:10 PM
    KillerBEA
    Kinda sorta. Settled in the fact I am 'all' setup in my current living space but I will likely be moving a town over in the coming months. In which I hope that is will be my 'permanent' home while I finally finish off school.

Other than that, I started working out. Feels great, physically this is the best I have felt in a long time.

How's non xba life been for you?
  4. Madhatters13
    12-07-2015 04:52 PM
    Madhatters13
    Thank you very much, BEA. How's things been going for you? Settled into your new place yet?
  5. KillerBEA
    12-06-2015 01:04 PM
    KillerBEA
    Super mod? Congrats Dude! Very well deserved.
  6. KillerBEA
    08-14-2015 07:24 PM
    KillerBEA
    Literally nothing but Game of thrones seems to hold my attention right now, I guess that's better than nothing. I can't be motivated to find a job, or take of things I need to do because of moving to a new state. I spend a lot time wondering what comes next instead of seizing opportunity.

I finally got to watching season 5, and although it had some amazing scenes I felt like it was a weak season until the last few episodes. Still really enjoyed it though.
  7. Madhatters13
    08-10-2015 05:36 PM
    Madhatters13
    I was similar when it came to exams and stuff. I always thought I grasped things well enough, but struggled sometimes to apply it when it really mattered.

Thanks for that. I'll have to take a look at it sometime.

That's how I feel too. The days just go by with nothing really being gained from them. I've found some interest in going back to AC IV, but it still doesn't hold my attention for more than an hour or so each time. Game of Thrones is really good for binge watching though, and that's awesome you've made it through so much in a short amount of time. I watched the latest season with my dad when I got home from uni, and that was a nice way to spend a weekend.

Thanks. And definitely not. Hopefully we both find something to bring us out of it. How are you doing on watching GoT now?
  8. KillerBEA
    08-07-2015 04:17 AM
    KillerBEA
    Found the book, it is called Of Bone and Thunder.
  9. KillerBEA
    08-04-2015 09:33 AM
    KillerBEA
    Yeah felt real good, hopefully I can continue to do well. Especially considering school was not a strong point growing up.

I need to find the book, I can't recall the name of it.

I can relate there, just kinda drifting in and out, just going through the motions day by day but because nothing is all that exciting. Luckily one of my cousins temporarily cured that by loaning me 4 seasons of Game of Thrones, I have been binge watching like crazy. Just got finished with Season 3 and I started binging from episode 6 of season 1 a day and a half ago.

Hopefully something will get you motivated again. Being in state of mind is never fun.
  10. Madhatters13
    07-31-2015 12:41 PM
    Madhatters13
    That's totally understandable. No need to apologise.

That's good you did really well in those two. It feels really good when you can apply yourself wholly to the work and see the benefits in good grades. I did the same in the first half of last semester and was top of my class at the time. I hope you're able to keep it up.

Ah that makes sense if you were driving a lot of the time. I'd do the same.

That does sound like an interesting concept. I'm similar to you there, and it takes a lot for me to get into books that have a slower build up to begin with. I usually get there in the end, but I don't think I'd be able to right now. I hope it picks up and sucks you in better though. What is is called, out of curiosity?

I think it's a bit of both, really, and it just seems like they make each other worse. Nothing really holds my attention at the moment.