PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip?

Go Back > Madhatters13
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Madhatters13 and KillerBEA
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 150
  1. KillerBEA
    08-14-2015 07:24 PM
    Literally nothing but Game of thrones seems to hold my attention right now, I guess that's better than nothing. I can't be motivated to find a job, or take of things I need to do because of moving to a new state. I spend a lot time wondering what comes next instead of seizing opportunity.

I finally got to watching season 5, and although it had some amazing scenes I felt like it was a weak season until the last few episodes. Still really enjoyed it though.
  2. Madhatters13
    08-10-2015 05:36 PM
    I was similar when it came to exams and stuff. I always thought I grasped things well enough, but struggled sometimes to apply it when it really mattered.

Thanks for that. I'll have to take a look at it sometime.

That's how I feel too. The days just go by with nothing really being gained from them. I've found some interest in going back to AC IV, but it still doesn't hold my attention for more than an hour or so each time. Game of Thrones is really good for binge watching though, and that's awesome you've made it through so much in a short amount of time. I watched the latest season with my dad when I got home from uni, and that was a nice way to spend a weekend.

Thanks. And definitely not. Hopefully we both find something to bring us out of it. How are you doing on watching GoT now?
  3. KillerBEA
    08-07-2015 04:17 AM
    Found the book, it is called Of Bone and Thunder.
  4. KillerBEA
    08-04-2015 09:33 AM
    Yeah felt real good, hopefully I can continue to do well. Especially considering school was not a strong point growing up.

I need to find the book, I can't recall the name of it.

I can relate there, just kinda drifting in and out, just going through the motions day by day but because nothing is all that exciting. Luckily one of my cousins temporarily cured that by loaning me 4 seasons of Game of Thrones, I have been binge watching like crazy. Just got finished with Season 3 and I started binging from episode 6 of season 1 a day and a half ago.

Hopefully something will get you motivated again. Being in state of mind is never fun.
  5. Madhatters13
    07-31-2015 12:41 PM
    That's totally understandable. No need to apologise.

That's good you did really well in those two. It feels really good when you can apply yourself wholly to the work and see the benefits in good grades. I did the same in the first half of last semester and was top of my class at the time. I hope you're able to keep it up.

Ah that makes sense if you were driving a lot of the time. I'd do the same.

That does sound like an interesting concept. I'm similar to you there, and it takes a lot for me to get into books that have a slower build up to begin with. I usually get there in the end, but I don't think I'd be able to right now. I hope it picks up and sucks you in better though. What is is called, out of curiosity?

I think it's a bit of both, really, and it just seems like they make each other worse. Nothing really holds my attention at the moment.
  6. KillerBEA
    07-27-2015 11:00 PM
    This move has been exhausting, sorry for the slow reply.

I still need to do most of it, I have only 2 classes cleared so far. Luckily I got really good grades in them because I was actually able and willing to apply myself to the work.

I plan to at some point, I was gonna read on the trip to Iowa while it wasn't my turn to drive. Alas I spent a majority of my time at the wheel of one of our cars and when I wasn't I needed a nap.

I picked up another book to read and only read the first chapter. It's supposed to be really good but I can't get past the slow build of the current state of the world and introducing the characters. It's supposed to be a representation of the Vietnam War in a high fantasy setting, so it sounds really cool just struggling to get going with it.

Why drifting away? Just not motivated or interested?
  7. Madhatters13
    07-18-2015 06:59 AM
    Apparently I'm the slowest replier ever. Sorry about that.

I'll have my fingers crossed for that too for you. How much more do you have left to do for your degree? At least once you get that you should be set.

Ah that's a shame in that case. Have you gone back to/considered going back to them since? These are the books I've read so far this year, and they were all pretty enjoyable. I'm currently (though I'm not sure if I can say that after not picking it up for two months) reading The Universe Versus Alex Woods. I've just done a pretty fair job of drifting away from everything recently.
  8. KillerBEA
    06-24-2015 02:35 AM
    Hopefully I will finally finish getting a degree and can start a career so that I don't have to leave everytime they do because I just don't enough money working the jobs that I do. I am hoping to make my next location my last for a while. Fingers crossed I never have to make a 1000+ mile move ever again after this next one.

It was the first 2 Drizzt Do' urden books, Homeland and Exile. I have the next 2 books in the series, I just haven't been eager to continue as the second books ending left a bad taste in my mouth with some Deus Machina in the last fight.
  9. Madhatters13
    06-23-2015 04:53 PM
    I can certainly imagine it never gets any easier. Just knowing you have to get everything from one place to another over that distance would be enough to put me off the task. I hope this new place allows you to better settle down though, so you're not doing the same thing again anytime soon.

Same here. I've probably only got Medieval II: Total War, Everybody's Golf and Football Manager 2007 that have got any chance of having gotten to the 500 hour mark. I tend to drift away from games far too easily, especially recently.

Oh that's good. What books were they? I'm on my 8th book so far this year, which is the most I've had in a long time. There are a lot of others I want to read as well, and that number only seems to increase each time I go to GoodReads.

Hehe, thanks. I hope I did. I'm not sure when we get our results, but I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing how I did.
  10. KillerBEA
    06-22-2015 10:00 PM
    I have done several 1000+ mile moves over the years, never gets easier in fact it gets harder.

Yeah not many games make it past the 100 hour mark with me and only 4 or so games have made it past the 500 hour mark. Runescape, Halo 3, Gears 2, and now Neverwinter. Might be 1 or 2 others, can't remember :P

I have been reading more this year too. Finished 2 books, which is amazing for me.

You did well Hatters, make no mistake about it. You rocked those exams!