Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Shiftie
    09-12-2013 01:46 AM
    Shiftie
    Well it would take a more realistic time to win a battle
  2. Darth VeX
    09-11-2013 09:52 PM
    Darth VeX
    Even on a sluggish laptop at low settings, it would probably still be fun. I'd just only play it when I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie / TV though. On a slower computer, the time between turns while your CPU decides what all the other factions are doing would probably take several minutes
  3. Shiftie
    09-11-2013 09:47 PM
    Shiftie
    Ya I figured as much.. I remember the game being a bit sluggish on my reasonable PC back when the first one came out. I think my cpu is actually worse than my gpu at this point, but I was probably going to wait for one of steams super sales to get the game anyway. At least in that case if the game doesn't work, I got it for a cheap price.
  4. Darth VeX
    09-11-2013 09:41 PM
    Darth VeX
    It's much more CPU intensive than GPU intensive, if that makes any sense to you. Honestly, unlike previous TW games, this one tends to run beautifully at high settings in the battle mode, but on the campaign map, those same high settings make it sluggish. If I had a laptop with the same basic power as my desktop PC, it would still probably run a bit more sluggish, so a slower laptop probably isn't ideal for this game.

The map is amazingly big, and on the campaign map it's absolutely gorgeous. Here's an example.

But because it looks so great, this contributes to the sluggishness. This is somewhat typical of a TW game though, it isn't until five years after release when you've got a completely new PC that you go back to play the game and it runs smoothly at high settings
  5. Shiftie
    09-11-2013 08:26 PM
    Shiftie
    Very nice. That map looks better than the rome I map which is saying a lot. It has naval battles now right? How are those? How well does the game run too..my laptop kinda blows.
  6. Darth VeX
    09-11-2013 03:21 AM
    Darth VeX
    It's great. There are some people that don't like it, but I'm really loving it.

After I finished the initial prologue campaign (using the Romans), I started a Grand Campaign with Sparta.

Here are some recent shots of my campaign in progress from a map perspective:

As you can see, I basically took over Athens and Macedonia and then invaded the Middle East. In the second picture, you can see I've invaded the boot and I've got several armies besieging Rome itself.

I'm headed to bed soon, otherwise I'd take another screenshot showing that I've conquered the rest of northern Africa, Rome has been eradicated, and the only part of the Mediterranean coastline I don't control is Spain (which I'm currently invading).

I'm having lots of fun with it. I especially like beating the CPU in battles where the "automate battle" predictor says I'd lose.
  7. Shiftie
    09-11-2013 02:32 AM
    Shiftie
    How's Rome II? x.x