Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > EmporerDragon
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between EmporerDragon and Crimson Ridley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. EmporerDragon
    12-05-2010 08:05 PM
    EmporerDragon
    It's been ages sine I played, but from what I mainly remember would be this advice:

1) Just take things slowly at first. You have an infinite amount of time to complete your goal, so just work towards the smaller goals (i.e. upgrading your house, getting married, etc.) instead of the main goal at first. I typically spend the beginning of a HM game with only 1-2 packets of crops planted, whereupon the daily routine was wake up, water/harvest plants, and explore the land until I had enough to expand my crops or get some livestock.
    2) Figure out who you want to marry ahead of time, so you can dote on them early on. (Don't marry Jamie if you want to keep playing however. That's an immediate game ender.)
    3) Spend time talking with the villagers & giving them gifts (Herbs and Berries at first until your farm grows big enough to give out produce). Making the other villagers happy will cause more to move in and events to trigger.
  2. Crimson Ridley
    12-05-2010 06:28 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    I want ToT. I ended up getting the Wii version, only because the GCN version was never released in Europe. Any tips on how I should get started? It's been so long since I actually played a HM, as soon as I started, I felt so overwhelmed. I've been playing in the little mine up from the central farm area and I can't find anything decent to ship.
  3. EmporerDragon
    12-04-2010 06:01 AM
    EmporerDragon
    I own Tree of Tranquility, and it was a good game, but I enjoyed Magical Melody and Harvest Moon 64 more.

Unfortunately, I have not played Animal Parade or Rune Factory so I can't give an opinion on them.
  4. Crimson Ridley
    12-03-2010 09:09 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    Oh right, well that's changed my decision. I best look for the GCN version then. I'm just getting back into playing the Wii, and my first series of games to look for are the HM games. Have you played any of the other Wii HM's?
  5. EmporerDragon
    12-03-2010 08:33 PM
    EmporerDragon
    The Wii version actually removes a bunch of side content in order to add pointless waggle features.

So, while the core game is still the same, the GCN version has more content and has better controls.
  6. Crimson Ridley
    12-03-2010 06:37 PM
    Crimson Ridley
    Hey, something you said sparked my interest;

You said in a thread that Harvest Moon: Magical Melody has a Gamecube version, which is better than the Wii version. How so?