Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > ScottieElisabeth
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between ScottieElisabeth and troy0891 x360a
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. ScottieElisabeth
    07-16-2013 06:39 AM
    ScottieElisabeth
    I saw that my roadmaps got removed from the submit forum almost as quickly as I put them in there! :P Usually, I'm viewing them 50+ times before they get removed (read: 1-2 days, max). Definitely took note of the oomphed activity! Just wanted to shout a personal thanks for all you do for the site.

And never fear! Thursday, I leave for a 3 week field school in Bulgaria, so I doubt I'll be around here much. Bet you're ready to have me out of your hair. :P You're welcome!
  2. troy0891 x360a
    07-16-2013 02:59 AM
    troy0891 x360a
    I think I'm gonna sleep on it. It's been a really long weekend of working almost non-stop on the site. Good news, I've gotten caught up on a TON of stuff. Bad news, most of the stuff that's left is stuff I've been procrastinating on a bit and a really gigantic project we've all (the guide team) been chipping away at. I'll have to look at these tomorrow. If the roadmap that's up now is acceptable, odds are against greenbooking it. However, that doesn't mean we might not consider combining them for publication and giving co-author credit. However, if you write one from scratch that is significantly superior, we could very well just use yours.

The important thing to remember is that we're not here to award effort. We're here to put the best possible finished product and the best possible information on our main page so we can be of the best possible help to our fellow gamers.
  3. ScottieElisabeth
    07-16-2013 02:52 AM
    ScottieElisabeth
    >.<

I could do either. I am just feeling bad because his roadmap is perfectly fine, I just like to go into more detail, and would love to with this. Don't want to take the credit away from him if mine passes, butttt I really want to write it. Sooo...

Would you suggest a Greenbook or a start from scratch? Alternatively, you can hit me with a 2x4.
  4. troy0891 x360a
    07-16-2013 02:49 AM
    troy0891 x360a
    ... I thought you wanted to take the whole thing from scratch... you've changed your mind?
  5. ScottieElisabeth
    07-16-2013 02:46 AM
    ScottieElisabeth
    Is there any way I could simply Greenbook the existing roadmap? His overview is fine, I just want to go in and tweak the details into a more level-by-level breakdown, and I'd hate for him to lose credit if he doesn't have to.

Again, guide is HERE. His forum post is HERE.
  6. ScottieElisabeth
    07-15-2013 05:37 PM
    ScottieElisabeth
    Thank you very much! I will get right on it.
  7. troy0891 x360a
    07-15-2013 02:11 PM
    troy0891 x360a
    Anyone can write a guide or roadmap for a game. That has long been the standard. Make a thread in the game's forum and write it. Once it's written if you want to submit it, make a new thread in the Submit forum with finished roadmap. If you wanna be nice you can include a link to the main forum copy. It will be reviewed after submission. We might use part of it, all of it, or none of it. If we use any of it you will be credited as a contributor.

That's the proper procedure. If anyone's toes feel stepped on, well, I don't know what to tell you about that. It could happen but I wouldn't let that stop me so I hope that it won't stop you.
  8. ScottieElisabeth
    07-15-2013 05:57 AM
    ScottieElisabeth
    Sorry to bother you again on your personal page, but I was wondering how I would go about submitting a road map when one already exists. I would like to flesh out the existing road map to Doritos Crash Course [LINK] which would include the DLC and use no material from the original map, I'd completely rewrite it.

How do I go about doing so with proper protocol, without stepping on the original author's toes or upsetting anyone?
  9. ScottieElisabeth
    07-12-2013 04:59 PM
    ScottieElisabeth
    The links are in the game names in my last post. :P HERE is the link to the incomplete posted roadmap.
  10. troy0891 x360a
    07-12-2013 12:30 PM
    troy0891 x360a
    Got a link for me?