Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > PointPlaceWI
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between PointPlaceWI and TVthePunisher
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. PointPlaceWI
    07-28-2010 09:39 PM
    PointPlaceWI
    I know what you mean, actually. I still have my N64 hooked up to a wooden box that weights 10 billion pounds. Thank the lord that I have a swivel on it because it takes an entourage to move it. Anyhow I actually think the older systems look better on older TVs because they were already colorful especially those platformers made with kids in mind so when you throw in super bright HD and all that the colors get a little too intense.
  2. TVthePunisher
    07-28-2010 05:35 PM
    TVthePunisher
    I had that issue with my Playstation especially! On games such as the Spyro the Dragon series, Syphon Filter series and the Resident Evil series...the music would cut out and completely go off for a majority of the game, then crackle back in sounding disorted like it was a TV with bad antenna reception.

I've owned at least 4 N64s in my life, all have worked magnificently except for some issues reading games (you turn it on and instead you get a weird oldtime "sliding" picture, like in the 50's). From what I know, they go for about 30-40 bucks (the Gamecube is almost always 30) as for the games, I've seen Glover there for 10-20 dollars at our local retailer that handles older console games. I am so picking one up when I get the money, AND I'll try to get an older TV, I prefer playing earlier generations on a old TV =P
  3. PointPlaceWI
    07-28-2010 04:35 PM
    PointPlaceWI
    Yeah man, I play the game all the time. I find copies of Glover at used game stores for $5-10 or so. I have no clue how much a N64 runs for though because I still have my original! In the past year or so the thing has been having some weird issues, though. I'll be in the middle of a game and the game's music will just cut out and start buzzing really really loudly than a few minutes later it'll just freeze. It's not a specific game issue either because the same exact thing happens on multiple games.
  4. TVthePunisher
    07-28-2010 04:21 PM
    TVthePunisher
    Awesome Glover sig, just noticed it and I miss playing that game so much. I need to go pick up another N64 so I can have a run =D