Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Jardinho
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Jardinho and LickableLemons7
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18
  1. LickableLemons7
    01-08-2014 11:18 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Drive is one of those cult movies that garner a big following a year or two after it releases. The hype for it now has reached a substantial high point but it'll die down with time. Understandable to see it now and be underwhelmed.

Drive came off as a bit stylish for me on my first viewing but after watching it so many times I recognize the emotion conveyed in those drawn out stares. It doesn't seem all that bad here when you compare it to Refn's recent work, Only God Forgives. I thought that was a fine film but many seem to hate it.

Looking at my copy of the soundtrack right now there's 19 tracks, some stuff here that isn't original for Drive like Riz Ortolani's Oh My Love or Desire's Under Your Spell. If we're looking at Cliff Martinez's score there are 14 original tracks out of the 19 (Rubber Head, Kick Your Teeth, Wrong Floor, Skull Crushing, On the Beach etc.). Some of them reuse portions of other tracks and shift tones slightly. I still think it's a fine soundtrack though.
  2. Jardinho
    01-08-2014 05:32 PM
    Jardinho
    Yeah, I'll probably watch it again at some point, I'm usually quite underwhelmed by most hyped movies anyway.

I liked the vibe it had going on, the darkness mixed with the 80s sort of soundtrack and the B-movie-ish OTT violence but, I don't know. Just came off as a little bit "style over substance". And didn't the soundtrack only have like three songs?
  3. LickableLemons7
    01-08-2014 12:42 AM
    LickableLemons7
    Oh! Totally forgot about that! I should talk to myself more in the comments too. Nice to know that it gives folks a laugh. Can't overdo it though, don't want to appear too deranged.

Drive is easily one of my favorite films. Funny, first time I watched it I fell asleep. Felt bad about it so I went back for a second time, noticed a couple of bits of character foreshadowing here and there. Must've seen Drive at least 15 times now. I think if you give it a second watch you'll find more emotion in those Gosling gazes as long as you let the soundtrack wash over your ears.
  4. Jardinho
    01-07-2014 11:03 PM
    Jardinho
    Haha! I don't really look at the comments on the news articles anymore but I think it may have been going on a little longer than that.

Earlier today, I was looking at the article where you started talking to yourself, that was pretty funny. Think I got there from the Far Cry sale article and I clicked it because I watched Drive for the first time the other day. (Article was Martinez is working on FC4 soundtrack.) Movie was kinda slow paced for a 90 minute job, lots of long gazes.
  5. LickableLemons7
    01-07-2014 10:31 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Yeah! Now that you mention I feel like I've been getting barraged with downvotes recently. Ever since I did that post in the GOTY winners of 2013 feature. Nobody seemed to mind my thoughts on the nominees of 2013 where I posted what I thought. Doesn't bother me too much. Pretty strange, though. I think I'll downvote my own comments from now on. Then it won't seem all that bad.
  6. Jardinho
    01-07-2014 08:55 PM
    Jardinho
    Hehe. You're goddamn hated on the comments pages!
  7. Jardinho
    07-29-2013 01:05 AM
    Jardinho
    Yes I read your bio. As soon as I clicked your tag it was right in front of me so...
  8. LickableLemons7
    07-29-2013 12:37 AM
    LickableLemons7
    Lol, you read my bio? A friend of mine was over a few months ago, when we got done playing some Halo 2 splitscreen he changed it, I just kept it like that.
    And yeah, I didn't have to do a whole lot this week besides yardwork. I usually teach swim lessons at a recreational center in the mornings but this week was a break in between sessions, and I start back up tomorrow. But I blazed through L.A. Noire during the past couple of days while I could. I think that means I liked it, but I wasn't a fan of the homicide desk. All those people were being framed by one guy and they didn't put up much of a fight when you tossed 'em in jail, not even complaining that they were framed! And Cole, the total boy scout, is such a hypocrite! Preaching moral superiority and justice only to do what he did at the end of the vice desk? Unbelievable! I hated his character.
  9. Jardinho
    07-28-2013 11:24 PM
    Jardinho
    I see you've finished Noire. Just checked your tag and it gave me a huge mind-fuck. I've got a dictionary app on my phone and it displays a bunch of random words when you open it up. I was on it earlier today. Guess what the big, bold word that grabbed my attention was? Pusillanimous.
  10. Jardinho
    07-27-2013 06:56 PM
    Jardinho
    Yeah, they are quite similar. Just drive everywhere and grab anything that looks new.