Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > bigbear2face
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between bigbear2face and RobbieTheKiller
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. RobbieTheKiller
    01-25-2013 01:41 AM
    RobbieTheKiller
    True, plus Stan is seen as one of the best players of all time. He was liked by everyone. Do you know if he has any auto-bios? I read one that Ted Williams wrote in 1970 (it was my mother's). Torre's books was good too. And Roses. And Fellers. I want to get Franconia's book, it just came out.
  2. bigbear2face
    01-25-2013 01:14 AM
    bigbear2face
    The difference in the coverage has to do with just how much Stan meant to this city. You're from the Cleveland area right? Imagine if Lebron James had stayed with the Cavs his whole career and afterwards was the most accessible, nicest human being in the world...

Lack of news on Rapid Robert in Cleveland is surprising...He must not have stayed all that active in the community after he retired.
  3. RobbieTheKiller
    01-25-2013 01:03 AM
    RobbieTheKiller
    Because Stan was a player?

When Bob Feller died a few years back, there wasn't much news on him.
  4. bigbear2face
    01-25-2013 01:00 AM
    bigbear2face
    Stan was just generally one of the most decent human beings that ever lived. Everyone that met the guy loved him.

Some people were giving me shit for focusing so much on Stan's death and not Weaver's...I think the Post-Dispatch's coverage sums it up: Earl, a native St. Louisian, gets 1/4 page. Stan gets his own 10 page section and an RIP header on the sports page all week long with a new article about him daily...
  5. RobbieTheKiller
    01-25-2013 12:51 AM
    RobbieTheKiller
    Earl was funny. Stan was one of the best hitters of all time.
  6. bigbear2face
    01-25-2013 12:38 AM
    bigbear2face
    No kidding. Not a good day/week.
  7. RobbieTheKiller
    01-24-2013 11:08 PM
    RobbieTheKiller
    RIP Stan The Man.

Sad, we lost The Duke Of Earl too.