Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > LickableLemons7
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between LickableLemons7 and BiggD
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 129
  1. BiggD
    10-29-2014 12:52 AM
    BiggD
    No problem. I've been hanging around there for the past two weeks. It's a nice place for Halo fans. I was doing myself a disservice by only lurking for so long. The overhauled look is pretty neat, I'd say.
  2. LickableLemons7
    10-28-2014 10:11 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Oh ok, thanks! Didn't notice that they added subforums for Nightfall or the Halo Channel when they overhauled Waypoint a couple of days ago.
  3. BiggD
    10-28-2014 05:17 PM
    BiggD
    Under the Halo: Nightfall forums, specifically THIS thread.
  4. LickableLemons7
    10-28-2014 04:19 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Under which section of Waypoint did you see the Precursor booby-trap quote?
  5. BiggD
    06-18-2014 11:08 PM
    BiggD
    Eh, I'll probably hold off on it entirely. It never sparked much interest for me.

I could see that complaint. It would make the ending - specially destroying the station - seem utterly pointless and nonsensical if Jensen is back. He's a great protagonist, but devs need to learn how to let-go from time to time (like 343 did with Cortana ). Oh well, I'm sure whatever comes next for Deus Ex will be a while since Edios just finished up with Thief last year. I'll be looking forward to it! And I now understand why you consider DX your favorite 7th gen game. It was a great experience.

I'll look out for it. Still pumped for that game and hope we see it in late 2015!
  6. LickableLemons7
    06-18-2014 12:05 PM
    LickableLemons7
    So a DX series inspired by Mass Effect styled choices sounds intriguing but I'm more bothered by Adam Jensen potentially making a return as a protagonist, if he does that'll ruin the meaning of the multiple choice ending for those who played HR. They can't pull an Invisible War and just merge the endings from HR like it was done with the first game.

Also, a closed doors 20-30 minute gameplay demo for The Phantom Pain was shown to a few select journalists at E3 last week. The demo will be broadcast on the Japanese Kojima Station tomorrow for the general public. So you'll get a taste for what an actual MGS game should be, not that icky Ground Zeroes.
  7. LickableLemons7
    06-18-2014 12:04 PM
    LickableLemons7
    I rented Murdered from Redbox. It's a good rental with a decent story but it had too many collectibles and the game constantly stuttered (360 version). I was watching Maka's collectibles guide and the X1 version looked like it performed ok but the framerate is always dropping on the 360 version. I'd say 7/10 for a rental and a very easy completion but I wouldn't recommend buying it.

The DXU trilogy doesn't really surprise me because when early concepts were originally discussed this was mentioned: "The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before."
  8. BiggD
    06-18-2014 02:10 AM
    BiggD
    And the loading screens! The Director's Cut couldn't be installed to the hard drive, so going between the Hengsha districts was so, so, so irritating. But I do agree sometimes getting lost allowed me to explore a little alley or some NPCs I wouldn't otherwise have met.

How was that game overall? I didn't hear much about it, really. Sucks there's no in-game map. You'd think that should be a staple in open-world games. In terms of Deus Ex: Universe, I don't think they'll be any meaningless collectibles. The e-books, although I don't think ANYONE could find all 29 without a guide, served as a nice supplement to Darrow's background/influence.

The article you posted todays about Universe perhaps being broken down into a trilogy kinda bothers me I feel as though it'll somehow "cheapen" the (no pun intended) universe/story.
  9. LickableLemons7
    06-16-2014 10:43 PM
    LickableLemons7
    But I say Universe should be even bigger than HR and that we should be able to visit more areas around a cyberpunk globe! As long as there is a decent amount of interesting side quests and game time isn't artificially padded out by hunting down meaningless collectibles.
  10. LickableLemons7
    06-16-2014 10:42 PM
    LickableLemons7
    From what I've heard, Invisible War merged all endings of the first game so each ending has an impact. But if the next game takes place after HR and before DX I doubt that each ending to HR can be merged, ha.

Yeah, I remember getting lost in Hengsha too with all that verticality and jumping around the rooftops and whatnot. At least the game had a map so getting lost wasn't too big of a deal. And getting lost made me feel more immersed in the game's environment.

I was playing some Murdered: Soul Suspect the other day and while there wasn't much to do in Salem (and it was a fairly small area to walk around) I still got lost because there was no in-game map! Hunting for collectibles became even more of a chore than it should've been. Every game with a mini-sandbox or full on open world should include a map so you can orient yourself.