Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > LickableLemons7
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between LickableLemons7 and BiggD
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 103
  1. BiggD
    04-06-2014 09:48 PM
    BiggD
    Hmm, I can already imagine the gameplay will be a bit rough to swallow whole. Hopefully it's not too dated for my tastes.

Oh yeah, that's the one! Sounds like a plan though. Once the end of May rolls around, I'm gonna get started on these so if I remember - which I should - I'll come back with my impressions on each game after I finish them
  2. LickableLemons7
    04-06-2014 07:48 PM
    LickableLemons7
    The story definitely holds up, but the gameplay is sour and not very modern considering you started with Ground Zeroes. I've had my fair share of fits with the sniping portions of MGS2, especially when you have to provide cover for Emma Emmerich on the harder difficulties (needed to play on the harder difficulties for the "Great Dane" achievement).

MGS4 (Guns of the Patriots) was probably the one to make me emotional, it was extremely flashback intensive...but I won't spoil anything. You'll enjoy it and understand some things as long as you play the games in that order from the last message.
  3. BiggD
    04-06-2014 06:48 PM
    BiggD
    Six or seven discs? Jesus…

With that run-down, it looks like I'm set to get going on these games in the next month or so! The story better hold up I remember you saying there was one game (Sons of Liberty?) that made you extremely emotional at the end
  4. LickableLemons7
    04-05-2014 10:17 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Metal Gear began in 1987 on the MSX computers that were co-created with Microsoft and the ASCII Corporation.

Yes, the HD Collection doesn't include MGS4. It's a PS3 exclusive, and for good reason, as PS3s use Blu-Ray disc for storage whereas the 360 doesn't. Blu-Rays allow for 50 GBs of storage, and dual-layered DVDs allow for 8.5 GBs. Kojima mentioned if MGS4 was on the 360, it would end up on six or seven discs.

On disc 1 of the HD Collection, select MGS3, and in the main menu there try out the 1987 Metal Gear and see what you make of it. If you have difficulty you can always read up a summary of it online, like on the links I posted in the previous visitor message.

Check the games out in this order and you should be fine:
    Metal Gear (MGS3 menu)
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MGS3 menu)
    Metal Gear Solid (I guess you could watch it on YouTube)
    MGS2
    MGS3
    MGS4 (if you can't play it at a friend's or something watch it on YT)
    Peace Walker (that's disc 2 of the HD Collection)
  5. BiggD
    04-05-2014 03:36 PM
    BiggD
    Okay, I completely forgot to respond to this Ahh, so the game was 2-D to begin with? Shit, when did tho series even begin?! Must be in the 90's or so. I don't own either of those systems, so I'll give that a miss, but YouTube will suffice!

So then wait, the Hd Collection doesn't come with MGS4 does it? So do 2, 3, Peace Walker then at least? So much planning for such a confusing series!!
  6. LickableLemons7
    03-29-2014 07:14 PM
    LickableLemons7
    So check those out first, and then move on to Metal Gear Solid. I'd recommend that you play it if you have a PS1/2, or if you have a Wii/ GameCube you could check out the remake, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I never played The Twin Snakes, so I can't comment much on that. If you can't play MGS1 you should still check out one of those no commentary walkthroughs on YouTube before you start the other Solids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKWF...756D8A5F336820

From there move on to MGS2, then MGS3, MGS4, Peace Walker, and replay Ground Zeroes before The Phantom Pain! If you stick to that order in which the games released you'll understand a few references and call backs to the older games. There are a lot of remarks that the Metal Gear franchise is so convoluted with its story and it's hard to follow but as long as you play them in that order I don't think there will be any problem.
  7. LickableLemons7
    03-29-2014 07:14 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Yes, the Substance version of MGS2 and Subsistence version of MGS3 are in the HD Collection. There isn't a whole lot different with these versions but there are a few bonuses like additional cutscenes, the rotating camera for MGS3 and the old Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games. You don't have to do anything special to unlock them, they're in the MGS3 menu from the get go.

I responded to you in one thread about why the game name shifted to include "Solid" in the title, don't know if you saw that but here's that thread:
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=571732

I kinda struggled with the first two games, I played them for a while but I ended up looking at a plot summary for them:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_(video_game)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_2:_Solid_Snake
  8. BiggD
    03-23-2014 07:36 PM
    BiggD
    Awesome! I will download tonight and get to it probably next Friday or Saturday Currently trying to finish MGS. All I have left is to beat each mission on Hard twice (for the Trials). Then I can relax tomorrow and wait for Burial at Sea on Tuesday!!
  9. LickableLemons7
    03-23-2014 05:51 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Yup, there's still a trial. You can play the entirety of world 2 here.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d802584108ce
  10. BiggD
    03-23-2014 05:27 PM
    BiggD
    I have indeed heard good things about it. I'll try out the demo next weekend if it's still available on the marketplace!