Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > BiggD
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between BiggD and LickableLemons7
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 125
  1. BiggD
    06-15-2014 10:28 PM
    BiggD
    Which of the four endings in Deus Ex appealed (if that's the right word) to you most? I had a hard time thinking which was the most justified. Sacrificing the facility made the most sense, but at the same time, I feel strangely sympathetic towards Darrow's message.
  2. BiggD
    06-03-2014 02:06 AM
    BiggD
    Thanks for all the info. The link is pretty informative as well, finally had a chance to look that over.

Definitely starting this on Thursday!!
  3. LickableLemons7
    06-01-2014 06:36 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Yep, stun gun is great, aside from using it on human enemies I also used it to temporarily disable security cameras.

You can reload an old save/checkpoint and you won't void the achievement.

As for aug selection near the beginning I can see how choosing your first ones can be an issue. But at least in the Director's Cut you can carry over augs in NG+, and I believe you can also change difficulties when starting NG+.

This is a pretty decent guide to help you decide which augs to start selecting first when you gain more praxis points:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/deus-ex-hu...tations-guide/

I believe some of the first augs I went for were the jump enhancement and the Icarus landing system.
  4. BiggD
    06-01-2014 04:38 PM
    BiggD
    Ah, good tip! Thanks Question: If I accidentally set off an alarm or let's say, kill someone, can I restart checkpoints or will the achievement still be voided?

Pretty decent review, seemed all over the place but the talk about augmentations sounds really cool.
  5. LickableLemons7
    06-01-2014 04:25 PM
    LickableLemons7
    Yeah, it's probably best to practice not killing anyone and being sneaky on your first playthrough anyway. Just stick to takedowns/stun gun/tranquilizer rifle. To get the stun gun early on, once you start the first mission you'll be riding in a VTOL with your boss and in that conversation he'll ask if you want to use lethal or non-lethal means for the mission. Select non-lethal.

Also, here's Adam Sessler's review if you haven't seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W3mzwkW-Mc&feature=kp
  6. BiggD
    06-01-2014 04:09 PM
    BiggD
    Eh, works for me! Sold!

Sounds ideal. I'll most likely tackle it in two playthroughs, leaving the first for side stuff and collectibles, and the second for the stealth-related achievements. I assume if Missing Link is integrated, I can play through the game once without worrying, but then on the second play through, deliberately doing the stealth-stuff?

I better find this game as appealing as it's made out to be
  7. LickableLemons7
    06-01-2014 03:55 PM
    LickableLemons7
    In the original Human Revolution Missing Link was standalone and had to be selected from the main menu, but in the Director's Cut it's been fitted in to a certain point in the story. It shouldn't negate any achievements but to be safe you should play ML without killing anyone or setting off any alarms.
  8. LickableLemons7
    06-01-2014 03:54 PM
    LickableLemons7
    It's a stealth game that tackles the modern issue/ethics of transhumanism? *shrug*

I gained a few gray hairs after my attempt to obtain every achievement on my first run. Satisfying to do, but you'll be spending a few hours doing some homework to figure out what you need to do for sidequests, what are the optimal augmentations, what dialogue choices you need to choose for some achievements, the locations of the XP books, etc.

So the achievement list is manageable but I'd advise against trying to get them all in one playthrough. It's probably better to clear the game once on a lower difficulty and get a feel for where things are, then go back for a second playthrough and mop up a few achievements.
  9. BiggD
    06-01-2014 05:32 AM
    BiggD
    Alright. You have 4 sentences to sell me Deus Ex: HR. Go.

Also, I need to know if the achievement list as a whole is very manageable or if I'm going to have to stress out with collectibles, multiple playthroughs, missable achievements, etc.

And the Director's Cut comes with the Missing Link DLC apparently but it's integrated into the story rather than being standalone? Will that negate it's achievements?
  10. BiggD
    05-06-2014 01:45 AM
    BiggD
    Yeah I'm not used to 8/16-bit. I've never been about the graphics, but ugh, the art style! I just can't get over it.

You make the concept sound so interesting though. I've really been considering setting money aside for this. I want to see what the achievements look like as well. They are making Below, too? I'll have to look into that one.

Uh…wtf did I just watch!