Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > DEG23
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between DEG23 and BiggD
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 50
  1. BiggD
    11-04-2015 09:13 PM
    BiggD
    No problem. And yeah, the cliffhanger here was nicely done and while I did enjoy the story overall, I thought the pacing was too fast. Lots of things were left unexplained (in a bad way, not a good, creative way). Someone is most likely puppeteering her which is cool and the thought of having to wait like 3 years to figure it all out in the next time is going to be awfully hard
  2. DEG23
    11-04-2015 09:06 PM
    DEG23
    Thanks for the info. As for the story, I didn't mind the cliff hanger, there was enough to round of the story unlike Halo 2's ending. Having not read much of the extended fiction before playing I didn't feel like the 'villain' was acting on her own. Like you said that speech from the Halo 4 made me think something else is going on here. Now we play the waiting game until Halo 6
  3. BiggD
    11-04-2015 01:34 PM
    BiggD
    Though there were a few issues in the series where Chief is first reunited with Blue Team and they actually face off against the Didact (he didn't die in Halo 4). And they defeat him and "contain" him. And there's lots of theories that he was manipulating Cortana throughout Halo 5. Which holds weight because she was repeating, word for word, his exact speech from Halo 4's epilogue during the final mission of Halo 5.

You might enjoy it, or might not bother, but I've been frequenting a subreddit dedicated to the Halo's story and some of the theories and analyses over there give really good insight to it all.
  4. BiggD
    11-04-2015 01:33 PM
    BiggD
    You didn't mind the massive cliffhanger or the "twist" behind the villain?! So there's a long comic series that spans events between post Halo 4's Spartan Ops and pre-Halo 5. It's called Escalation, and you can get really good mini-reviews here. I personally haven't read it because I've heard shitty things about it, but from what I know they haven't really finished wrapping up that subplot about the Janus Key and the Absolute Record that Halsey was trying to find and open. Apparently Palmer's extreme hatred for Halsey is also addressed in this series and why she's not so angry in Halo 5. As for why the UNSC suddenly allows Halsey back onto Infinity, I think it's just because Halsey knows something bigger is at play and doesn't want to hold a petty grudge (which is lame since Spartan Ops ended with her saying she wanted revenge).
  5. DEG23
    11-04-2015 07:59 AM
    DEG23
    Just finished Halo 5 and really enjoyed it. Some of the fights are a bit repetitive but I thought the story was decent. Given you are a bit of a lore nut, what is the connection between Spartan Ops and Halo 5? At the end of Spartan Ops Halsey was set for execution and one half of the artifact was in her possession. Is that ever explained?
  6. BiggD
    07-19-2015 11:35 PM
    BiggD
    Thanks for the response I'm going to look into it a bit more and then perhaps finally pick it up!
  7. DEG23
    07-19-2015 10:31 PM
    DEG23
    I've never played Dark Souls but everyone says LotF is much easier and even someone like me who doesn't play RPG's, I found it relatively easy. You can farm XP in the first area and become OP very quickly. The achievements are easy too, most of them unlock as you progress and the game itself is actually quite short. I highly recommend it
  8. BiggD
    07-19-2015 08:00 PM
    BiggD
    DEG, how's Lords of the Fallen? I want to grab a game that will last be about 2-3 weeks and I want to try out more RPGs. I've never played any of those Dark Soul games and I read a lot of people compare this game to those. Is it really hard and stressful to manage both gameplay wise and achievement wise?
  9. BiggD
    07-05-2015 10:58 PM
    BiggD
    Only took a few hours I was gonna see if someone could help with the DLCs, but the copy/paste job was real with that one so it wasn't too bad!
  10. DEG23
    07-05-2015 10:20 PM
    DEG23
    Wow, can't believe you finished them. I was going to offer some help but nice job