4. Tatanko
    06-17-2013 10:09 PM
    Tatanko
    That's too good lol
  5. Tatanko
    06-14-2013 07:20 PM
    Tatanko
    It will be a good laugh, indeed.

I hated Steam at first, I'll admit. You know why? Status quo, that's why. Just like everybody hating on the Xbox One's new system of doing things, Steam was very different from how things were done at the time and people resisted that change. They (and myself) simply didn't see the benefit.

Admittedly Steam didn't have the benefit of an existing online service to build from like Microsoft does with Xbox Live, so they actually have a huge head start.
  6. Gackt
    06-14-2013 07:17 PM
    Gackt
    Nobody liked Steam in the beginning either, very widely hated. But now look at them. I think this will be the case for Xbox as well. I don't think it will sell poorly in the beginning, but it won't sell super well...but over time, if they indeed are dedicated to bringing a Steam like system to console...I feel we will end up on top again. I really hope it ends up this way so I can look back on this and all of the people who jumped ship prematurely and laugh lol.
  7. Tatanko
    06-14-2013 07:09 PM
    Tatanko
    I would like something like that, too. I don't have any attachment to physical media; quite in fact I avoid it whenever possible. If the only thing that ever goes into the disc drive of my future Xbox One is blu-ray movies, that's fine by me.

The problem is that everyone concerned with things like the used games policy are only seeing it from the perspective of how things work right now, not how they could be a year or two from now. They have no faith in Microsoft to pull off what they're envisioning, and yet look what the 360 became over it's lifespan without any promise of anything other than video games.
  8. Gackt
    06-14-2013 05:34 PM
    Gackt
    Whatcha think about that MS engineer thing? I myself would love it if Xbox ended up pretty much being a Steam clone for console.
  9. Tatanko
    06-11-2013 01:00 PM
    Tatanko
    I got so busy with other stuff yesterday that I didn't even have time to post on here after the E3 presentation got started. Watched the whole thing, though! When I have time here at work later I'll view and post more, I'm interested to see what you have to say now.
  10. Gackt
    05-30-2013 03:41 PM
    Gackt
    Very nice.