Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > THE DEADLY DOG
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between THE DEADLY DOG and Scotty
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 73
  1. Scotty
    05-17-2013 06:43 PM
    Scotty
    Well damn! you really are unlucky with injuries. I would still continue to train if i was in your position, but any exercise that puts any strain on your shoulders, you should do almost weightless. Pretty much just using the bars. This essentially and unfortunately includes pretty much your entire upper body. Try to stick with a light compound exercise where your shoulder is concerned, like military presses and when you do muscles like chest and biceps, try to use a light weight and isolate it as much as possible.

Anyway, good luck with your injuries, mate, i'll say a prayer to the one true god, Arnold Schwarzenegger
  2. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-17-2013 05:29 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Training has been on a major halt. Coming off the back injury I was good for a week, made some good progress with your suggestions and hit a huge wall. I went for some incline bench and was out of position (too far forward) and felt tremendous pain through my shoulder. Turned out I pulled my shoulder from my peck to my bicep, and my trap from my neck to the bottom of my shoulder blade. The muscles have finally healed but my shoulder is still bringing me in some pain.
  3. Scotty
    05-17-2013 05:03 PM
    Scotty
    Thanks for letting me know about the SR2 stuff

So how's your training these days? are you injury free?
  4. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-16-2013 02:22 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Howdy Scotty.

Just letting you know that your 2 Micro G&RMs for Saints Row 2 DLCs just went live on x360a.

~Live Long and Prosper~
  5. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-02-2013 01:35 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    It's ok.. I'm confined to RICE until my shoulder gets better. Had a pretty bad pull a few weeks ago and haven't given it the rest it needs ultimately extending the amount of time I am out for.. Hopefully this is the last injury for a while haha.
  6. Scotty
    05-02-2013 05:53 AM
    Scotty
    Yeah do like your example. I was thinking something else but your example is better. It's called progressive overload and its one of the best techniques for building muscle. Also sorry for the late reply, it was midnight for me at your last message.
  7. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-01-2013 10:43 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    For example. Bench Press 145-8 165-8 185-8 190-8

Something like that?
  8. Scotty
    05-01-2013 10:31 PM
    Scotty
    you should do increasing weight. 8 reps is low, so the weight needs to be high. you want a weight that you can do, but only just get the last couple of reps in. if you can do the 8th rep comfortably, then increase the weight.
  9. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-01-2013 10:22 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Scotty do you think I should do increasing weight for the 4x8 week or I should find one weight that I can do 4 sets 8 times?
  10. THE DEADLY DOG
    04-16-2013 11:35 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Yeah back is feeling much better. Still being very cautious with it though. I can't afford another 2 weeks out. Did something to my shoulder today doing incline bench which scared the crap out of me. Hoping it's just minor.