Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > THE DEADLY DOG
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between THE DEADLY DOG and Scotty
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 70
  1. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-16-2013 02:22 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Howdy Scotty.

Just letting you know that your 2 Micro G&RMs for Saints Row 2 DLCs just went live on x360a.

~Live Long and Prosper~
  2. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-02-2013 01:35 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    It's ok.. I'm confined to RICE until my shoulder gets better. Had a pretty bad pull a few weeks ago and haven't given it the rest it needs ultimately extending the amount of time I am out for.. Hopefully this is the last injury for a while haha.
  3. Scotty
    05-02-2013 05:53 AM
    Scotty
    Yeah do like your example. I was thinking something else but your example is better. It's called progressive overload and its one of the best techniques for building muscle. Also sorry for the late reply, it was midnight for me at your last message.
  4. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-01-2013 10:43 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    For example. Bench Press 145-8 165-8 185-8 190-8

Something like that?
  5. Scotty
    05-01-2013 10:31 PM
    Scotty
    you should do increasing weight. 8 reps is low, so the weight needs to be high. you want a weight that you can do, but only just get the last couple of reps in. if you can do the 8th rep comfortably, then increase the weight.
  6. THE DEADLY DOG
    05-01-2013 10:22 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Scotty do you think I should do increasing weight for the 4x8 week or I should find one weight that I can do 4 sets 8 times?
  7. THE DEADLY DOG
    04-16-2013 11:35 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Yeah back is feeling much better. Still being very cautious with it though. I can't afford another 2 weeks out. Did something to my shoulder today doing incline bench which scared the crap out of me. Hoping it's just minor.
  8. Scotty
    04-16-2013 10:56 PM
    Scotty
    oh right. no, i've been pretty lucky with injuries. i don't know how though, the first few years i never took any care with what i was doing. Well, i hope your back is better. there's nothing worse than not being able to train for a few weeks, whatever the reason. i always feel like i'm wasting away
  9. THE DEADLY DOG
    04-16-2013 10:49 PM
    THE DEADLY DOG
    Well when my back went I simply stopped lifting and running that whole time. I was just wondering in general what you did. I usually ice, rest, and now I'm putting on this icy-hot gel which worked wonders in getting my back better.
  10. Scotty
    04-16-2013 10:43 PM
    Scotty
    i've never had a serious pulled muscle injury. i would usually recommend resting. take the weights easy at the least and maybe stick with exercises that don't force you into positions where your back is load bearing. Stuff like deadlifts and barbell rows will play hell with your back if its injured. don't arch your back when pressing either, that can be very damaging.

you may want to remove weight altogether and exercise with just bars so that you can perfect technique. maybe take a week where you just use the bar and after watching, on youtube for example, the correct/most safe technique for the exercises you do, then you can start to add weight, while your back heals.