Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > BidFarewell
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between BidFarewell and ApochWeiss
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. ApochWeiss
    12-27-2009 08:30 AM
    ApochWeiss
    Our managers ran a local venue, and there's this huge fixation on scene where I live. The act was metalcore, but with some thrash thrown in (to shut my ass up haha). I didn't fit the metalcore vocalist stereotype. After one bad show, they were on my ass about it a lot. After our 3rd show, we played at their venue, there were so many fuck ups. By the time we got on stage, my voice wasn't as warmed up as it was and I didn't realize it. The guitarist's amp kept quitting. Our drummer hurt himself mid-song and fucked up the speed for 3 songs out of anger. Our bassist at the time (who was blind) stopped mid-song when the amp kept cutting out. ALL the blame came to me, and I was put in a position where I quit wiht my head held high or I'm fired from the group. I quit to save face. The managers then tore my name through the mud and no one will work with me, after all I've done in the area to promote local bands and metal in general. Pissed me off to no end.
  2. ApochWeiss
    12-27-2009 08:29 AM
    ApochWeiss
    After that I tried out for some bands but most were cover acts or didn't want me with them, as I was tired of the screaming vocals. I have multiple sclerosis and it take a lot out of me to be on stage and belt out like that. I started working with friends in another group but it went to hell so I quit, was offered a spot again, came back, and quit again when I saw it just got worse then when I left haha.
  3. BidFarewell
    12-27-2009 07:51 AM
    BidFarewell
    Ahh good shit man! I've bookmarked that link you gave me so i'll check it out soon man. Whats that 3rd party departure thing all about? If you don't mind me asking. Sounds kinda shitty that someone outside the band forced you to quit!
  4. ApochWeiss
    12-27-2009 06:19 AM
    ApochWeiss
    It was called Bleeding Perfection. We had interest from Metal Blade (someone was supposed to come check us out prior to my 3rd party induced forced departure), as well as heavy interest from Relapse Record's PR department. I loaded some of the songs to my old "official" project page. www.myspace.com/officialapoch

A buddy of mine approached me today to let me know he's getting a new guitar and once his meds are sorted out he wants to work on something with me again. Was involved with him on another project before it went to hell. Looking at a new project soon, just gotta get MY life straightened out haha
  5. BidFarewell
    12-27-2009 04:43 AM
    BidFarewell
    what band were ya in that nearly signed to Metalblade?