Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Maka
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between Maka and BiggD
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 131
  1. BiggD
    10-19-2014 05:06 PM
    BiggD
    Lastly, Halo 2; toys, terminals and skulls could all use videos, as well as easter eggs. But now I'm just repeating myself I'll leave it up to you but any easter egg in any game could really benefit from videos.

Like I mentioned, I finished the roadmap, overall achievements, and Halo: CE achievements and will be doing Halo 2 on Thursday, Halo 3 on Friday, and Halo 4 next weekend. Let me know whenever you begin starting your video work and I'll always be around to communicate if necessary.
  2. BiggD
    10-19-2014 05:05 PM
    BiggD
    Shiiiiiet, I coulda sworn you were in fact a robot. I'm disappointed :/

Nah, but in that case, should I just reuse your Halo 4 achievement videos then? There's only one new Halo 4 achievement worth covering. It looks to be an easter egg about "sticks and marines" or something.

As for Halo: CE, if you do end up doing videos, that would be awesome. A lot of easter eggs have information on Halo Wiki so you can maybe look up info there, do it in video form, and then publish the video. I have text-based info for Halo: CE skulls, but not text-based info for Halo: CE terminals, so maybe terminals need videos but not skulls. Mission specific Halo: CE achievements don't really need videos.

As for Halo 3, tons of easter eggs may need videos. As well as terminals. Again, skull videos aren't necessary (unless you want to) cause I have text info for those.
  3. Maka
    10-19-2014 06:59 AM
    Maka
    [2/2]

Regardless of all the available titles in the package, my primary focus will be on covering the H2A stuff first and foremost. I would then most likely focus attention to Halo 3, then CEA and lastly H4. I haven't spent too much time going out and listing everything yet, so bare with me, I don't know what EXACT videos I will be making. Skulls/Terminals/Collectibles for H2 FOR SURE. For the rest, I will have to see how my time with the games go.

On top of all of this, I have to cover COD AW leading up to its launch, AC Unity in the same week (if possible) and then Far Cry 4 the week after, so I'll be quite busy. I'm aiming to have videos posted by the launch of Nov 11, but some might be delayed, as I'm not a robot.

PS. Visitor messages have a 1,000 character limit? dafuq.
  4. Maka
    10-19-2014 06:58 AM
    Maka
    [1/2]

If I were you, I'd hold off the most on Halo 2 information. A lot has changed from my conversation with the developers.

I won't remake videos for H4, there's no point, and there's no "new" achievements that need it, and I don't think the game has been altered in any way (even graphically). I never covered Halo CEA when it came out so I don't have anything for it yet either. Looking back now, I actually never even made H3 guides until the DLCs started coming out, and YouTube quality was a joke back then, so they would need to be remade if possible.
  5. BiggD
    10-19-2014 05:33 AM
    BiggD
    Silly Maka

Anyways, I am definitely writing the guide for this one. I spent eight hours today working on it using pre-existing information and my common knowledge I the series. Thus far, I have all the Roadmap, Overall Achievements, and Halo: CE achievements formatted and written up. Gonna work slowly on the rest over the next two weeks.

I could definitely use your help with video content for skulls. I don't know if you want to remake videos for CEA, 3, and 4, but that would be great to have fresh videos. Skulls, terminals and the new toy collectibles will benefit from video info. Even the Easter Egg achievements if you manage to pull off the old ones and find the new ones!

There's tons to consider for video content so let me know what specifically you think you'll cover so I can make a note of it in my guide to save character limit space for URLs.

Oh, and hopefully things didn't move around too much in Halo 2!
  6. Maka
    10-19-2014 05:25 AM
    Maka
    Yeah, I was wrong.

Anyways, let me know if you choose to write the guide for Halo. I should get the game between Oct 27-31, and plan to find stuff and make guides for the H2A achievements, like skulls and terminals. I have supplementary stuff for H3 & H4 already, so I can go through and verify that everything works the same. I also chatted with the developer in person a month back and he mentioned that some difficult skulls may have been moved, but I'm unsure about what actually happened with the H2 skulls.
  7. BiggD
    10-17-2014 05:08 PM
    BiggD
    Hmm, I'm not completely certain it'll end up being five different lists.

The overall achievements only total 875G, while CEA has like 855G, Halo 2 1005G, Halo 3 695G and Halo 4 570G so if all five lists were separate, that would look awkward and go against the Xbox One norm of games having a base GS of 1000G (minus bundles like Metro).
  8. Maka
    10-17-2014 04:32 PM
    Maka
    All the Halo MCC achievements show up as separate lists on your gamercard:
    http://www.trueachievements.com/Halo...hievements.htm

EDIT: Or maybe not. Not sure, what I sent you includes some Halo CE and Halo 2, but not H3 & H4. And even if they added H3 & H4, it wouldn't bring it to 4,000, so the list might be incomplete or show up split up on the console.
  9. Maka
    10-11-2014 05:09 PM
    Maka
    I was never a HUGE completionist. I did complete a lot of games in the past couple years, but I would never skip a game because of its achievements.

I stopped caring when I realized that like 12 games were coming out in 8 weeks in Q4, with a backlog of 10+ games on the Xbox One already. I get more free games than I can enjoy playing, and caring about my completion percentage would just make that list grow longer. I just don't get the point of it for myself anymore. As an example, the only reason I probably enjoyed Shadow of Mordor was because I could just run through the story, get a few achievements, and sell it before the week was over. I couldn't imagine running around and doing all the outcast missions before starting Alien: Isolation considering I can barely find time in my schedule to sleep.

And I'm down for Halo matches. I'll be available for them most of Dec/Jan.
  10. BiggD
    10-10-2014 07:08 PM
    BiggD
    Aww, that's unfortunate. Was it a specific game that caused that or do you just now realize being a completion is stupid. Because I've come to realize the later but still complete my games for some reason, lol.

Fair evaluation. I like CEA's and H2's lists a lot more. Halo 4's is pretty much the same as before and I think Halo 3's was too. That whole Par Time and Par Score stuff sounds interesting and reminiscent of the "Meta Game Scoring" in Halo 3's Campaign, so I wanna see how that fairs.

I definitely wanna try to get 100%, but I know it'll take 6+ months maybe since I have to play the Campaign missions so many damn times. At least MP will be fun and we should definitely get some games in together with other GOOD Halo players around these parts at some time