Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > The Pants Party
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between The Pants Party and BiggD
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
  1. BiggD
    Yesterday 05:02 PM
    BiggD
    Yeah, I have no idea what was going through my mind when I did that, LOL. Thanks, man.
  2. The Pants Party
    Yesterday 04:56 PM
    The Pants Party
    Haha, you posted that Halo article in the Witcher forum. I moved it.
  3. The Pants Party
    11-06-2014 02:42 PM
    The Pants Party
    Haha, yeah. I don't see a problem doing both, actually. Have the giant guide and just copy/paste the relevant sections into the other forums as well. That way you still have the comprehensive guide, but people can look at a more bite-size version as they work on each game individually.
  4. BiggD
    11-06-2014 01:47 PM
    BiggD
    That's not a bad idea of all and I semi-considered doing that before writing up the whole thing, as it would be a very easy way for members to view information in a less cluttered way, but I ended deciding against it simply due to laziness of having to write four more fleshed out roadmaps as opposed to the giant general one I came up with, lol.

What I tried doing in the Roadmap - above the overview and walkthrough - was to put a "Useful Links" section with links to each of the six distinct parts of the guide where new info was: Overall, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 2 MP, Halo 3, and Halo 4. So if someone wanted to work on a skull from Halo 2, they'd click the link and it would bring them to the Halo 2 post part of the guide.

Though after the first day or two, if people are saying anything and asking for separate guides in the sub-forums, I will definitely adapt quickly and create four individual guides if necessary
  5. The Pants Party
    11-06-2014 12:31 PM
    The Pants Party
    Suggestion for your guide. Have you thought about posting the individual game achievements in their respective forums, sort of as their own guide (could even give each a road map of their own), and just linking to them from the main guide? I think that would kind of limit the shock of having such a huge guide, and make it easier for people to read and work on. Since those don't cross over at all, they wouldn't have to click back and forth when they are working on a specific game/achievement.

Just a thought! Your choice.
  6. BiggD
    02-05-2014 10:14 PM
    BiggD
    Hey dude, I didn't know about the game cover submissions. Is the more appropriate to submit, or nah?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...suspect/113345
  7. BiggD
    04-02-2013 04:18 AM
    BiggD
    Well, when we think about it in that perspective, that's true. It's no biggie though, just wanted to pass on the info that it's happened before but whatever Creech and the rest of the staff decide, I'm sure will be for the best. Sorry if I came off as rude in my earlier posts.
  8. The Pants Party
    04-02-2013 03:38 AM
    The Pants Party
    Well I know I wouldn't appreciate another site using our tiles for their own gain, so I don't think we should be doing it either and I have personally never allowed it in the five years I've processed the submissions. I've let Creech know my stance on this and I hope he agrees.
  9. BiggD
    04-02-2013 03:04 AM
    BiggD
    I know, I've read the rules and have submitted previous entries from Xbox.com only. But I didn't know they were allowing other site's tiles until they informed me that my previous submissions were okay'd. So I see no problem with my submissions this morning. Besides, it's not stealing as Exophase is open to the public and countless achievement tiles on this site are from that site. But whatever.
  10. The Pants Party
    04-02-2013 12:30 AM
    The Pants Party
    I didn't know they were doing that, we are supposed to only use xbox.com as a source, which is in the submission rules I wrote years ago. I don't really think we should be stealing from other websites...