Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > hodge
Subscribe    Donate

Conversation Between hodge and HadMatters13
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 200
  1. HadMatters13
    04-15-2012 07:59 AM
    HadMatters13
    I saw some old screenshots of RS when I was playing it. It has changed loads over the years. I'm quite looking forward to Guild Wars 2 now; was interested in Guild Wars 1 last year, but saw a sequel had been announced so I figured I'd wait and put my efforts into that instead.

Have you had an enjoyable Easter break? Mine has been pretty good. Have been mostly playing Pokémon SoulSilver, and finally gave Spec Ops on MW3 a try. I'm hoping to hear back from college for my next course (Access to Higher Education - Chemistry) sometime in the next fortnight or so. Dreams of going to UEA.
  2. HadMatters13
    04-15-2012 07:45 AM
    HadMatters13
    Apologies for the incredibly late reply. I have been trying to bend time and space to make this reply not quite so terribly late, but it hasn't been working out.

Your mention of demo download time brought back horrible memories of the Haze one on PS3. Took around 4 hours because of its size and the sheer number of people downloading it, but I can't imagine even 1 of them being impressed, because even on the hardest difficulty it was over in a matter of 10 minutes.

I completely agree, collectables are definitely the worst. Not so much when they break down how many are in each location but games that say "There's 300 [super-awesome pointless collectable] in this game, go get 'em" can go die!!
  3. hodge
    03-18-2012 10:29 AM
    hodge
    Apologies if this doesn't make sense, I've been awake for over 24 hours now, and I'm feeling the effects of that...

Yeah, I don't really like demos that much tbh, I tend not to play not to play them unless I'm really unsure about a game. I only played the ME3 one just to see how the gameplay on it was coming along, but apart from that, I just don't bother. they take too long to download for what they are anyway! =P

That sounds like the best plan to me. I did get ME3, and the start makes very little sense without playing the arrival dlc beforehand. Not sure they did it that way, but I'd highly suggest doing that first =P Yeah, get KoA, it's awesome! Ugghh, collectibles is the worst one from the three! =P

Oh I see, it looks so different now it's crazy. I could swear it was a different game to the one I played so many years ago! =P Yeah, it really is....slightly obsessive though.... =P
  4. HadMatters13
    03-10-2012 08:00 AM
    HadMatters13
    They're the only reasons I ever play them too. Too much hassle to download them for the most part. I remember the first demo I ever played, the first Tomb Raider. I got to the edge of this underwater chamber, and had to ask my Dad if Lara could swim.

I think Shadow Broker will be the one I start with, then do Arrival. Did you get Mass Effect 3 yesterday? I will definitely pick KoA up sometime in the coming months. I've been playing the Jak and Daxter collection the past few days. It ticks 2 of those boxes - fairly straightforward trophies and great fun to play. It's just collectables... lots and lots of collectables.

When I started playing RS last year they'd just started a graphical overhaul. Can't say I was a fan of the finished result (I preferred the simpler look), so I haven't been back. Woah! I guess it's a good sign if there's still things to do that keep you coming back after that much playtime.
  5. hodge
    03-04-2012 02:48 AM
    hodge
    Yeah, I don't tend to play that many demos for that very reason. I only play them if I want to either decide whether to buy a game or not, or just to experience something I'm really looking forward to. The ME2 dlc is pretty good, although some of it I didn't like. Shadow Broker was amazing though =P I don't really see anyone on Black Ops anymore really, but then again, I haven't really paid much attention to what people are playing really.

KoA is awesome! You should totally get it at some point! I have loads of games sitting here to do, and yet I always can't decide what to play next. I want something that has fairly easy achievements, doesn't have any collectibles and is fun to play...nothing seems to be able to do all 3 right now =P

Yeah, runescape's an odd one. It's certainly changed alot since I gave it a quick go years ago, but I still don't like the look of it. My friend here at uni has a ridiculous amount of playtime on it! Something like 300 days.... =P
  6. HadMatters13
    02-23-2012 09:31 PM
    HadMatters13
    That sounds like a plan.

That's the one annoyance with demos - getting a random chunk of the story that makes little sense. I'm hoping to start working my way through the ME2 DLC this weekend, but knowing me I'll probably end up just playing the Starhawk beta. I feel the same, funny thing is I still get far more invites to Black Ops - I never see anyone on MW3.

I thought about getting KoA this week, but looking at the huge pile of games I have just sitting there unloved atm, I think I'll save it for when the summer game drought hits.

Good to hear you're enjoying it. With Runescape I started playing it after reading about all the various mini games and what-not you can take part in (well that and I knew my PC would run it ). They all sounded pretty fun, but I never did try any of them out. :O I think I'm about level 25 or something, mostly because everyone else who played it was lvl 80+. I might go back one day though...
  7. hodge
    02-18-2012 01:30 PM
    hodge
    Well they said the other day that the dlcs would be more like expansions than just add-ons, so it won't be like Fallout 3's dlc, but they've only just started work on it =[ I want it now! =P Saying that, KoA has kept me very busy this week, and is suppressing that Skyrim itch.

WoW is good, I really like it. Compared to ffxi (the only other mmo I've played) it's brilliant. If it wasn't for KoA, I would've played it a lot more. I'm only like lvl 16/17 atm, so not that far in. I'm not really too fussed about mmo's, I only play the 2 I do because I have friends who coaxed me into it =P
  8. hodge
    02-18-2012 01:30 PM
    hodge
    That's alright, there's no rush! Sometime in the next few weeks will be fine =]

Yeah, I've tried the single player, but not the mp demo yet. It's pretty good, but I got lost alot =P I skipped all the dialogue in it so I can experience it properly when it comes out. The ME2 dlc is pretty good, you should probably do it soon, not long until ME3!! =D Yeah, the new CoD maps look pretty crap. I think I'm done with MW3, I'll only play it if someone asks me to, but I just don't like it anymore =P
  9. HadMatters13
    02-15-2012 09:40 AM
    HadMatters13
    Apologies for being non-existent on XBL recently. Hopefully we'll be able to have our gaming session sometime in the next few weeks.

Have you tried the Mass Effect 3 demo yet? I really want to, but I need to be getting a move on and finish (read: start) the DLC for ME2. Haha, if I could go back to November I wouldn't touch Elite with a barge pole. Having seen the 2 maps they've brought out with Elite so far, I can't say I'm looking forward to playing either.

I'd love to see an arena too. I hope they opt for larger DLCs like the Shivering Isles as opposed to Fallout's smaller ones. I'm so far behind on Skyrim. All of my friends are finishing it now and I've hardly made a scratch on any of the questlines except for the College of Winterhold.

How's it going on WoW so far? I'd love to start trying some more MMOs this year. I'm hoping to get round to trying EVE Online sometime soon. Been meaning to play that for so long now.
  10. hodge
    02-04-2012 09:34 PM
    hodge
    Yeah, I'm starting to get the same tbh. I need to try and find something new to look at on here =P

Yeah alright, I might be on tomorrow afternoon/evening, but I'm not sure. If you see me on, then message me, tweet me, whatever, and we'll sort something out =P Oh, you subscribed to elite? I never even bothered looking at elite tbh, just seemed like a waste of time and money. I never buy CoD dlc anyway, just because it's far too much for what it is =P

Oh really? That would be pretty interesting, but if I had to put money on anything, I'd say an arena will feature somewhere. I can't believe there wasn't one in Skyrim, the one in Oblivion was awesome! I know that they weren't going to rush the dlc so they could make it really well, but still, I don't want to have to wait much longer =P

Yeah, that's how I play most of the time =P Although saying that, I tried WoW earlier and I have to say, it was far better than I thought!