XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=442)
-   -   'Doom Tracker' Achievement Glitched? + Spybot Location Video (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128640)

metallicoholic 02-25-2009 02:00 AM

'Doom Tracker' Achievement Glitched? + Spybot Location Video

I found the above video that shows exact locations for all the Spybots. The video quality is a little iffy but you at least get a general idea of where they should be located. I followed the video to a tee and trouble is, I don't have the achievement. I've gone back through several times and I think I have all the spybots but still no achievement. Does anyone know if there is a special way to make this achievement unlock? To find the spybots I missed during my first run through of the game, I just went to "replay levels," found the spybot, and then quit out. I went back to make sure that quitting out of the level didn't undo me finding the spybot and it didn't, so I don't know why the achievement hasn't popped up. Is there another spybot location that's missing from that video above or do I have to finish another run through? If anyone is still playing this game and knows the answer, please share.

mortug 02-25-2009 03:37 PM

have you checked the menu to see how many spybots you've found? you'll quickly find out if you miss any of them there. you should find it in the menu under "secrets", if i can remember correct.
the video shall contain all the spybots, as i was participating in making the clip. if the clip misses a spybot i guess we messed up big time ;)

metallicoholic 02-25-2009 06:37 PM

Thanks, I didn't even realize you could see how many coins/spybots you have. According to this I have 11/12 but I don't know what's missing. I went through the video step-by-step to every location and either found a spybot or didn't see one (and assumed that I had gotten it). Either way, all twelve of those locations are empty. I'm going to go back through on Fantastic Mode (if all the coins I'm collecting right now are actually where they should be) and check one last time but I'm thinking this is either a glitch or one of the spybots is somewhere else. Maybe I missed it, who knows.

mortug 02-25-2009 11:51 PM

are you 100% sure you found the one in Shanghai? the level is quite repetative, so it's easy to make a mistake... other than that i don't know. try using a guide describing the location, could make it easier

metallicoholic 02-26-2009 01:11 AM

Yeah I went crazy in Shanghai trying to find all the silver coins not realizing that the level is identical almost all the way through.

However, as far as the Spybot is concerned, I do remember picking that one up from the guide video. The only ones I'm not too sure about are the Red Ghost one (behind the satellite thing there was nothing so I either got it or I missed it) and the one during the Terrax boss fight (no idea how I would have gotten this before but I ran to the place in the video and there was nothing). Unfortunetly I hate both of those levels to death and only want to replay them one last time when I go through the game on Fantastic mode.

mortug 02-26-2009 01:54 AM

the one in red ghost is hard to see. it's on the ground behind the satelite looking thingy

the terrax boss one was the last one i found. it was a bitch. hard to spot on the wall. but if you use the things smash, you should be able to destroy all bots, if you are standing close to them.

thereefernander 02-14-2013 07:13 AM

I'm having this same issue. :( All locations empty. Missing 1 Doom spy bot and 1 Silver coin. GRRR played every level so many times.
Found my last coin in the Lincoln tunnel (Swear it wasn't in pants' guide)

Still no dice on the doom bot I've searched all locations multiple times.

EDIT:: Alright I found it on the stupid Terrax 2 some how I knew it was there but I kept searching the first pressure plate room instead of the second.

Jobbenar 10-17-2013 04:04 PM

I followed the road map guide for coins and bots and found them all ok, and the achievements unlocked for me. I did have to go back for a couple of coins though, but i had a pretty good idea which levels i'd missed them from