XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sonic The Hedgehog (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=670)
-   -   Fixing Download Problem (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134784)

Infomouse 03-21-2009 10:28 PM

Fixing Download Problem

If you have downloaded the game and it later only recognizes you have the trail version here is a list of things that should fix this problem
1. Start up Sonic
2. check to make sure it says "download full version"
3. Choose to re-download it straight from the menu of Sonic
4. After it has downloaded it will ask you to play now or continue
5. Press continue and the Unlock Trail Version should be removed from the menu allowing you to play the full version
6. You will most likely have to do this every time you load the game up but it will only take a minute because it will just re-unlock the game rather than download the whole thing over again

Infomouse 03-21-2009 10:32 PM

Also i believe this works with a lot of other games on the arcade that don't recognize the full version so repeat the above process just in case.

Revilo 04-16-2009 06:42 AM

i never had aproblem downloading

Infomouse 04-19-2009 12:23 AM

Its a common problem when you change xbox's but not hard drives.

l.maciver 06-21-2009 03:09 PM

all my sega games do this except for alter beast which is new. i was goin to go off my nut before i seen this, but i have a new xbox, but also a new hard drive so it could be either one.

Half Baked Tiny 06-21-2009 04:33 PM

new xbox or not, seeing as they are attached to your live profile and console id i dont think it should make a difference. so it should be fine playing with either. this is just an MS goof up.

thanks for the info by the way op.

Invader999 07-13-2009 01:58 AM

Tried this once, and had to download it to my MU, since this didn't work. Each time I run out of storage devices to download this game to, I have to delete the game from all those storage devices.
EDIT: I misread it and thought I was supposed to do Play Now. Deleted the game for nothing.:mad:

ArticHaze 07-16-2009 08:46 AM

Thanks for solving the problem.

Darkpower 07-16-2009 06:47 PM

I never had that problem, but yeah, that's a great help for those how had the problem :)

Infomouse 07-28-2009 03:42 AM

I suppose some people would want a permanent fix so you could always call Microsoft and have them help you.

rich023 01-31-2011 11:30 AM

Thank you so much!!!! i though i wud never get to max this game out now i can!!! cheers mate!! :D

rich023 01-31-2011 10:21 PM

I just completed the game thanks guys! only one more things, in the 100% completion part of My xbox I have the sonic 1 game pic twice!?! looks like its replaced my sonic 2 100% game pic. can anyone help??
cheers Rich

xdominance 02-28-2011 05:13 AM

due you just saved me a very pissy call to Microsoft about this, thank you very much :)

kabobles 08-13-2011 06:20 AM

THANKS SO MUCH! :woop:

eddiem1974 10-27-2011 01:03 PM

download problem

Unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me. Ever since I switched my old harddrive to a new 250GB one it just keeps saying I have the trial version. No matter how often I try to download it. I even cleared my cache.

Looks like I'll be stuck with a game with 5 GS on it and no chance of completing it....:mad:

MoistMikey 12-05-2011 09:04 PM

Thanks for the help!

Atariboy 05-27-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiem1974 (Post 4626833)
Unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me. Ever since I switched my old harddrive to a new 250GB one it just keeps saying I have the trial version. No matter how often I try to download it. I even cleared my cache.

Looks like I'll be stuck with a game with 5 GS on it and no chance of completing it....:mad:

You'll never see this I'm sure, but all you have to do is do the license transfer process.

With that feature, there's no need for this workaround anymore for some older Sega titles with the screwed up DRM that kept you in demo mode on a system other than the one the game was bought on (Or had the license transferred to after being repaired by MS).

So all you had to do was transfer your licenses and your game would be restored to full working order.

sentury111 01-05-2013 01:36 AM

I had it work by downloading again and hitting CONTINUE not play now.

But other games didn't work as well...Golden Axe, Double Dragon and Streets of Rage 2 are the only ones I have noticed so far.

Anyway I did a license transfer and then redownloaded from my download history and the game works without the workaround.

Was annoying till I figured it out.