XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Space Chimps (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=971)
-   -   Time Trial Video Achievement Guide (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140726)

Mr Arrow 04-16-2009 01:59 PM

Time Trial Video Achievement Guide

My video capture device has developed it own 'personality' and does not always behave the way I'd like. Please excuse the random fast-forward / slow-mo sequences.

Remember you can hit http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/b.png to stop flying, this can be a real time saver.

Mr Arrow 04-16-2009 01:59 PM

On the Garden of Beatin' video my capture device/computer got a bit wierd. For about the first half of the video the sync is off and the video does this odd fast forward/slow mo thing!

TXClark 04-20-2009 03:32 PM

WOW thank you very much for posting/making these!!!

Pedle Zelnip 05-17-2009 06:20 AM

You sir, are a genius. THANK YOU.

Mr Arrow 05-20-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXClark (Post 1847938)
WOW thank you very much for posting/making these!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedle Zelnip (Post 1948331)
You sir, are a genius. THANK YOU.

Thanks for the thanks.

These achievements inspired me to go out and buy a video capture device. I put all this work into learning how to do these achievements that I wanted to share, saving people from having to do it figure it all out again.

I even did them again on another account just so I could get the achievement popping at the end! It reinforces that this actually works and hey, "who doesn't love a good achievement sound??"

AnimisticNero 06-03-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks alot for the videos! They really helped me to figure out the best method to really speed through some of the annoying levels. Now if only someone would make a Globhopper video guide, this forum would be complete lol.

Just got the stupid globhopper glitch so i have to restart the entire game and find them all over again before beating the final boss...what a pain in the ass

FreakyJanet 06-04-2009 06:05 PM

Thanks for the Time Trial vids! They were such a pain in the ass but i got them done thanks to your help

aServantOfGod 07-01-2009 04:05 AM

Thanks for the videos man. Dungeons and Chimps was a total bitch, lol. I have three left. Storm the palace, spelunking monkey, and garden of beatin'.

Out of all the levels, which would be the hardest three to obtain? I have only had bad luck with two so far. Dungeons and chimps and Splork's army.

Splork's Army was a pain because I threw the key in the water once, and another time the stupid log bridge didn't spawn and I had to wait on it. Once I did everything right though, I beat both levels with almost 30 seconds to spare.

Masklin 07-11-2009 12:53 AM

Cheers for the vids, helped alot.

Chimps and Dungeons was my worst one but got it eventually:woop:

Bigniptizel13 08-08-2009 02:12 AM

thank you

Thanks man. Just got the full thousand for the game and these videos really went a long way :)

ProjectSix 08-31-2009 02:19 PM

I was having trouble on the last one but that shortcut on the beams got me it. Thanks a lot :)

A 2rue boofer 11-16-2009 02:45 AM

Thank you Mr. Arrow I am gonna do this game sometime this coming week.

wanulaura 08-10-2010 10:10 AM

thank you for the shortcut in the last level, really helped me getting 100%

Alypso 10-15-2010 10:54 PM

cannot watch videos. there comes a message: this video is private! what can i do to watch it?

D4 B1GD0G 06-18-2011 01:20 PM

Thanks for the videos, helped me a lot.

Bringin SXC bak 01-25-2012 03:43 PM

SPELUNKING MONKEY TIP!!

During your attempt at a speed run on this level. When you place your first BIG head on the rising/descending pillars. Place it on it like shown in the video. But instead of travelling to the right. Drop straight down, hold left and do a mid air jump left to land safely on the ledge below. This cuts down your time drastically and will give you so much more freedom throughout the level. I got 5:18 on my first attempt and I did this before I watched the video. Hope it helps any of you who find this level a bit challenging :)

jines1284 04-13-2012 02:37 AM

I hate this stupid garden of beating level I can trigger the stupid side out to save my life

CheshireMulisha 06-11-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jines1284 (Post 5009941)
I hate this stupid garden of beating level I can trigger the stupid side out to save my life

Tell me about it.

This is the last 1 I have to do it and it is really frustrating me. I seem to waste so much time trying to shoot the side out and then keep getting killed on the jumping section.

CheshireMulisha 06-11-2012 06:33 PM

If anybody else like me was having trouble shooting out the high left side platform right at the beginning of the garden of beating level then you can shoot the 1st 1 on the right to give you a better angle. You can then shoot the high left easily and you get just enough time to fly up to it before it disappears. Doing it this way I managed to beat the level with 30 seconds to spare :D

Yanbbrox 09-10-2013 07:40 PM

For the garden level, shoot the right side of it, don't aim straight at it, controller is about to meet wall on dungeons level