XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brink (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1393)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152178)

Krazie 06-06-2009 08:53 PM

Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

x ItZ o HaRv x 04-24-2011 11:17 PM

They dont look too hard and really lookin forward 2 this game :)

Falchion17 05-08-2011 05:08 PM

They look sooooooooo easy but fun

StumpyDan360 05-11-2011 08:05 PM

does anyone know if u choose versus but in the match there are only like 5 actual players if u will still get the tough as nails achievement?

savok1 05-18-2011 07:52 PM

this has to be one of the easy 1k games out there! hardest achevo for me was getting all the 3 star challanges

JonathanT32 05-23-2011 11:23 PM

The tough as nails achievement is kicking my ass. It's my last one for 1K. Any help on this? I swear I won and played every one of the 16 missions on both campaigns, and still no damn achievement. Im thinking its because It was only my team at times with human players against an all AI team like on Co-op. Any ideas for this bitch of an achievement?

A. Gamer 05-23-2011 11:54 PM

There does not have to be human opponents on the versus side for it to count.

We experimented by de-ranking our secondary slots all the way down to level 1 and then launching in versus against our rank only... It would appear that there are not a lot of level 1 people out there (no one in our recently played list on XBL), and we were able to swiftly take care of the level 1 AI opponents and got the achievement for a buddy that still needed it (while I was trying to find my last few audio logs). We had tried the trick on co-op hard, too, but the versus AI seemed easier.

Note that the AI is still a total b*tch even at level 1, but at least we didn't have to deal with the higher level 'abilities'...

EDIT: also of note is that the "Tough as nails" achievement does NOT require that you complete them all on the same character (as opposed to the story line based achievements), so if you do want to try the derank/low-level method, you can use that slot to complete just those missions that you still need for Tough as nails.

JonathanT32 05-24-2011 04:47 PM

Thanks man sounds good. What exactly is the hard mode trick? I haven't heard of that yet.

A. Gamer 05-24-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanT32 (Post 4247122)
Thanks man sounds good. What exactly is the hard mode trick? I haven't heard of that yet.

The 'trick' I was referring to was purposely de-ranking our characters to level 1 to avoid the higher rank abilities on the enemy AI while playing co-op on hard. However, it appeared to us that the level 1 AI on versus was easier to deal with than the level 1 AI on hard.

You de-rank by going into the abilities area and selecting the option to reset your abilities. In doing so you will lose 1 level (and the rank/exp that goes with it). Then simply add some ability, rinse, repeat till you are at level 1.

The AI does not seem to get any easier, but at least you don't have to deal with upgraded turrets, hacking your turrets, etc., when you (and the AI) are at rank 1.

Badboy Marti 05-24-2011 06:55 PM

another easy 1000G

Zenith94x 07-02-2011 08:31 PM

Ha I just realized all the achievement pictures are the same pictures as the abilities you can unlock for you character, clever.

kinjoking 07-04-2011 02:46 PM

thank god im gettin assassins creed brotherhood ina couple days, cant handle playing this garbage anymore, but if anyone wants to boost il be on this for a little while longer