XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   X-Men Origins: Wolverine (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1282)
-   -   How to use Cheat Codes (AND GET ACHIEVEMENTS) (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155872)

aCzarX 06-21-2009 04:43 PM

How to use Cheat Codes (AND GET ACHIEVEMENTS)

Edit: (Warning) If you enter cheats and dont Quit out and Continue , you will infact be blocked from getting any achievements on you current game. This was the intended outcome of entering cheats by the game designers. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

I personally only used these cheats for my HARD playthrough after getting everything else without cheats.

1. If starting a new Game (Get to a checkpoint) Now exit to menu.
2. Continue Game
3. Enter Cheat(s)
4. Quit to Main Menu
5 .Continue Game

If you power off the game you will need to renter codes quit and continue.

Cheat Codes

Faster enemy reflex

Press A(2), X(2), Y(2), B(2), Y(2), X(2), A(2), click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable. You will gain double reflex with every kill.

Unlimited rage

Press Y, X(2), Y, B(2), Y, A(2), Y, click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable.

Immortality

Press X, A(2), X, Y(2), X, B(2), X, click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable. Although you will lose health you cannot die.

Mutagens to use for MAX damage

Blood Rage (when at low health you do more damage)
Shredder (More damage in Rage mode)
Art of War (More Damage based on reflexes)

I still used the experiance mutagen to gain levels faster , Untill i had max claw damage.

GET READY TO SPAM RAGE POWERS P:

mossberg 06-21-2009 06:26 PM

I just beat game and going for reflex achievment. Should i use that code and keep playing 5-1. Is it confirmed that the Samurai acheievment will still pop if i use reflex code and enter it this way.

toMsonsLLC 06-22-2009 06:56 AM

I own both PS3 and 360, but rented the game from GameFly for the PS3 this time due to it running better. Will codes work for the PS3 game too (obviously different combination) and give trophies, or what? Anyone know this for sure? I don't want to get screwed later on. Thanks for the help,

sublime shooter 06-22-2009 07:41 PM

i can confirm this works i have been using them and i have been getting achievements

Odessa 06-22-2009 10:30 PM

Oh man. I have been trying to beat Deadpool on hard for the longest time. I'm going to try these and keep my fingers crossed that they do the job. Thank you!

aCzarX 06-22-2009 10:30 PM

After you beat the game the continue option will be gone so i dont think you can use cheats to farm reflex skill , but im not 100% sure . If you use the codes from the start and always have Samari Mutagen on you will be alot closer to your goal by the end of your playthrough.

As for working on PS3 i dont know .

Odessa 06-22-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aCzarX (Post 2081119)
After you beat the game the continue option will be gone so i dont think you can use cheats to farm reflex skill , but im not 100% sure . If you use the codes from the start and always have Samari Mutagen on you will be alot closer to your goal by the end of your playthrough.

As for working on PS3 i dont know .

I have all the achievements except for beating Deadpool on Hard Mode. Will this work for me on my current save? I just wanted to confirm before I tried it again.

sublime shooter 06-23-2009 04:10 AM

it works all u gotta do is pick a mission and when u get to a checkpoint enter them and quit and u know the rest it works i did it

Odessa 06-23-2009 12:34 PM

I did it! I beat him! Thank you so much!

TheToiletBrush 06-25-2009 05:33 PM

Cool, I wasn't even going to attempt beating this on hard. Deadpool was just too tough on Normal. Not tough so much as a pain in the ass.

Odessa 06-25-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush (Post 2091416)
Cool, I wasn't even going to attempt beating this on hard. Deadpool was just too tough on Normal. Not tough so much as a pain in the ass.

I totally agree. Ironically after I did this I tried it without the cheats and was able to beat him. The cheat gave me the achievement but I was able to do it myself for piece of mind. The countering is key until he starts using the laser. Then it's all about jumping and lunging.

TheToiletBrush 06-26-2009 04:05 PM

You can still fall off the thing and die with the cheats on, right?

Odessa 06-26-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush (Post 2096234)
You can still fall off the thing and die with the cheats on, right?

Yeppers. The cheats will only get you so far. For me it helped to take him down quickly, before he was able to shoot out most of the ground beneath me. When I tried it again without the cheats (but using the same Mutagenes) they really helped. Especially when you counter well.

A Perfect Thief 06-27-2009 01:57 AM

Confirmed i now have the completed on hard achievement and i did use the cheats just like you said thanks alot

Just got the reflex/samurai achievement to go

moab355 06-27-2009 04:52 PM

Awesome thanks for the tip. Should finish it today.

jj1993 06-28-2009 11:31 AM

Am I only one that found Deadpool ridiculously easy on Hard? :eek:

Wish I knew these cheats before....would have made him as easy as Sabretooth on Easy Mode :p

Lukeweizer 06-29-2009 08:27 AM

Anyone try inputting codes AFTER you finished the game? I've tried to do it while I was farming Reflex stuff and it seems to have frozen my stats. My kills or Samurai stats won't budge. Had to start a new game.

frekinsweet 06-30-2009 05:46 AM

great! this helped me a bunch thanks

A 2rue boofer 07-01-2009 06:38 PM

Very nice Find thank you so much can't wait to do this game

Chuyo93 07-06-2009 10:31 PM

This is real

I used cheats and still got achievements

Fajterzysko 07-10-2009 06:51 AM

I can confirm that. I made a fake account and start a new game. I put cheat codes and cheevos pop up:Bounce:

Jeff 07-12-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myermian (Post 2149412)
Man, finally beat the game on hard but had to go without cheats cause they kept messing up my achievement. I must've done something wrong.

There are a handful of achievements that don't seem to unlock.
I've been working on counter and air grab achievement and they don't seem to unlock with the cheats enabled. Just throwing it out there.

rahul_hbo 07-12-2009 12:34 PM

This does not break any Live rules does it? Like we wont get banned for using a cheat rite?

Am left with just Walking Death...

Jeff 07-12-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_hbo (Post 2151858)
This does not break any Live rules does it? Like we wont get banned for using a cheat rite?

Am left with just Walking Death...

Nope.
And it turns out I already had the air grab and counter achievement. I just had to complete them X amount of times.

OneHeroGoku 07-12-2009 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=aCzarX;2076587]1. If starting a new Game (Get to a checkpoint) Now exit to menu.
2. Continue Game
3. Enter Cheat(s)
4. Quit to Main Menu
5 .Continue Game

If you power off the game you will need to renter codes quit and continue.

Cheat Codes

Faster enemy reflex

Press A(2), X(2), Y(2), B(2), Y(2), X(2), A(2), click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable. You will gain double reflex with every kill.

Unlimited rage

Press Y, X(2), Y, B(2), Y, A(2), Y, click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable.

Immortality

Press X, A(2), X, Y(2), X, B(2), X, click Right Analog-stick during game play while Wolverine is on screen and controllable. Although you will lose health you cannot die.

NOTE: If you don't do it exactly like he says, I mean exactly like he says, Your achievements will glitch. I did it after a check point on hard diff, and It glitched my achievements. I am stuck with only 30 odd unlocked. Because I did not do exactly what he said. I just got to a check point and did it. I mean I quit and everything, but I had to redo the cheats and it got me... By the way, Is there any way possible I can restart or any way possible I can be able to unlock the whole 1000Gs on this game now they have been glitched out?

aCzarX 07-14-2009 09:15 AM

Ok i added a warning to my first post after reading these last few posts here .

Quote:

Edit: (Warning) If you enter cheats and dont Quit out and Continue , you will infact be blocked from getting any achievements on you current game. This was the intended outcome of entering cheats by the game designers. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

I personally only used these cheats for my HARD playthrough after getting everything else without cheats.
Now if you already used these cheats and are blocked from getting achievements , you will need to start a whole new game to undo the achievement block. Sorry

daddy2k4 07-14-2009 09:47 AM

Lets say i used the cheats for my hard playtrough and my achievements are blocked, can i just start a new game on hard or delete everything and start on normal again

aCzarX 07-14-2009 09:53 AM

I would think you only need to restart the game on hard agian , you can tell if the achievement block is still in effect if your kill stats are not going up. But i cant say for sure. GL

daddy2k4 07-14-2009 12:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.
I just finished the game on hard with cheats enabled and my achievement unlocked
Just do a the thread opener said and you'll be fine

bdragoon51 07-19-2009 11:31 PM

this is bs

Once u type in cheats it blocks saves and achievments so how can u say this works. btw i did this word for word and i played on hard and didn't get anything.