XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Monsters vs. Aliens (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1235)
-   -   Fastest Points + DNA (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157801)

mchbib 06-28-2009 11:30 PM

Fastest Points + DNA
 
2 Attachment(s)
The level is number 12. In The Belly of chapter 2. Rumble in the City. play through til the end, and when you get to the boss, soon as you enter the door, do not walk any further. use a second control and keep shooting the alien ships that drop the bad guys down. each ship is worth 800 points and some amount of DNA depending on your multiplier. i was getting over 1500 points and about 500 DNA with a 2X multiplier per second. the alien ships keep respawning in the same spot that it was killed so you really dont have to aim much.

mchbib 06-28-2009 11:31 PM

took me about 15 min to reach that score.

Schloob 07-01-2009 01:15 PM

This needs to be added to the guide :) Nice place to grab easy points and DNA for sure. thx

Da CRU Mughhh 07-02-2009 02:19 PM

This helped allot to for the fast points:)
Cheers

Feonyx 07-11-2009 02:22 AM

So I tried the above method. Got the score achievement but can NOT get the DNA achievement "Never Say Enough". I've gotten over 500,000 DNA.... how do I know? I am staring at the DNA Lab read out and it says I have 500,752 AFTER buying EVERY DNA Node on the Helix.

What gives?

Feonyx

Feonyx 07-12-2009 02:58 AM

Ok so I got the above the second run through some how. But I also found an even BETTER place to get fast points and DNA.

Play through SCENE 23 until you are destroying the waffle irons that produce the clones. After the first Quantonium machine is destroyed, head through the door and there are some crates on the right side. Destroy them and take the pinball jump up to the platform with the missile command machine. Now place the target just to the left of but NOT ON the waffle iron and start shooting. The clones will come out and you will blow them to smithereens with the missles. Rinse, repeat.

I prefered this method over the spaceship method above because a) The spaceship moves around on you and you have to track it a bit and b) sometimes a robot will make it over to you and start killing you. You are now free to hit (A) and ignore the game altogether.

Peace!

marty da stooge 07-15-2009 03:09 AM

this was amazing!! got both achievements fast and easy! thanks for the great location and pics!! :)

DiCaprio 08-02-2009 01:30 AM

Thanks! This worked out really well for me. I used it for both Never Say Enough and Be My Guest achievements. The spaceship was targeted the whole time for the most part so I just kept hitting the A button. I could've watched TV but I didn't want to come back and find myself dead. When I finished the level I got a 7 million+ score. #10 on the leaderboards for that level is just over 10 mil so I kinda wished I kept going for a while. Well, maybe not.

InfraRedPS 08-08-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feonyx (Post 2150789)
Ok so I got the above the second run through some how. But I also found an even BETTER place to get fast points and DNA.

Play through SCENE 23 until you are destroying the waffle irons that produce the clones. After the first Quantonium machine is destroyed, head through the door and there are some crates on the right side. Destroy them and take the pinball jump up to the platform with the missile command machine. Now place the target just to the left of but NOT ON the waffle iron and start shooting. The clones will come out and you will blow them to smithereens with the missles. Rinse, repeat.

I prefered this method over the spaceship method above because a) The spaceship moves around on you and you have to track it a bit and b) sometimes a robot will make it over to you and start killing you. You are now free to hit (A) and ignore the game altogether.

Peace!

Well done for finding that one, I've made a info video for it and will credit you:


slinger131 09-07-2009 08:22 PM

great help

bigrichienice1 11-28-2009 12:12 AM

by far the easiest way, thanks

minkster74 01-02-2010 07:03 PM

If anyone is still working on this title, I think the OP's method works better. Just walk Missing Link to near the edge of the walkway and the targeting becomes much easier. If any drones come near him, just use the tail swipe. Earning roughly 3200 every 1-2 seconds is more efficient in my opinion.

JiggyJaguar 01-07-2010 06:32 PM

Great Method
 
I just completed this game and I would have to say the top method is pretty fast, it just tires your fingers. =P

The method demonstrated in the video a few posts up is safer but kind of slow.

Thanks for the great info

MattDB87 01-26-2010 01:08 AM

yes, the top method is the best, thank you

xDMWx Burgess 02-15-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feonyx (Post 2147528)
So I tried the above method. Got the score achievement but can NOT get the DNA achievement "Never Say Enough". I've gotten over 500,000 DNA.... how do I know? I am staring at the DNA Lab read out and it says I have 500,752 AFTER buying EVERY DNA Node on the Helix.

What gives?

The same thing happened to me.

I had to replay the game and I used In the Belly method which was much faster and I had a x5 bonus plus it unlocked.

Daniel55645 06-02-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfraRedPS (Post 2243459)
Well done for finding that one, I've made a info video for it and will credit you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKzysMC-v8c

that way takes WWWAAAYYY longer than the way described in teh guide


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.