XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Splosion Man (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1361)
-   -   I finished hardcore achievement!! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165904)

Wikked1 08-02-2009 07:35 AM

I finished hardcore achievement!!

Wow was that hard a sheer cursing fest with your character and you I dont wanna have to do that over again. Who else got the achievement?

CunningFox 08-02-2009 10:22 AM

Congrats, join the club with me.:drunk
I understand how stressful it can get at most points...

Maybe we should start a social group on the site for people who have achieved this........

Lordji 08-02-2009 03:49 PM

I got it too.

I wanna thank my neighboors for their support: they've never come to my place to tell me to shut up. Because oh boy, I swore and I howled sooooo much while playing hardcore.

But now I'm relieved. Only the multiplayer achievements to do.

CunningFox 08-02-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordji (Post 2223702)
I got it too.

I wanna thank my neighboors for their support: they've never come to my place to tell me to shut up. Because oh boy, I swore and I howled sooooo much while playing hardcore.

But now I'm relieved. Only the multiplayer achievements to do.

Ha.. The multiplayer achievements are even more stressfull.;)

True Marvellous 08-02-2009 05:13 PM

stuck on 1-13 at the moment, bloody sentinels :(

Lordji 08-02-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2223929)
stuck on 1-13 at the moment, bloody sentinels :(

Don't rush in, take your time and this should be easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CunningFox (Post 2223865)
Ha.. The multiplayer achievements are even more stressfull.;)

Because it's lagging ? :(

Brambledamble 08-02-2009 07:25 PM

WHY do those fucking Sentinels always have a different spawn pattern? It's driving me insane :mad:

CunningFox 08-02-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brambledamble (Post 2224333)
WHY do those fucking Sentinels always have a different spawn pattern? It's driving me insane :mad:

That is the exact problem I had as well. Luckily not too many levels have long sentinel parts. Just wait until you are safe for the next 15 seconds or so.

demi 08-02-2009 08:39 PM

I got it as well just now. Ridiculously easy, aside from the occasional choke point due to those sentinels (the laser shooting robots)

Aphrodite1 08-03-2009 06:07 AM

Storming through it at the moment, I'm on 3-12 now!

My trick with the sentinels is to learn the locations were you are safe from their spawn positions/out of range or wall shielded from their lasers, and move to those positions. Sometimes using them to splode up or just camping near where one will move to and splode it works well for me. Moving at speed over a series of same height jumps works well as all they do then is track you and miss you, with the lasers landing behind you as you run.

One little trick I've used is to have a quick look at the level on normal selecting the time trial and practicing the tougher bits over a few times to perfect them, then play it through on hardcore mode. I've found its saved a bit of time for me, especially when the levels get long on Part 3.

chalmers1 08-03-2009 02:30 PM

All Hail The Splode King !

I'm glad thats all over, i've never got so stressed in my life !
Now for even more stress trying to get multiplayer cakes online with loads of lag ! lol

Brambledamble 08-04-2009 12:42 PM

150! Now I need a multiplayer bitch.

Aphrodite1 08-04-2009 01:33 PM

Nailed this last night!! :locked

I didn't find it as tough as I thought it would be to be honest. But then I'm a veteran of time trials on the old Crash Bandicoot games, so that probably helped with the gaming skills :).

Need the multiplayer now too! Lagging bad last night for me :mad:

The Extreme Icon 08-04-2009 08:33 PM

Is this Achievement really that hard?

BanditBanks 08-04-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Extreme Icon (Post 2231586)
Is this Achievement really that hard?

Yes.

Some parts are just as easy as Normal mode, however...
THE DAMN SENTINALS!
I've never been so frustrated at a game! Their sporadic movement just made it so much harder to do.
There are some points where you just think "Seriously... Why am I doing this?".
I did enjoy the challenge of it and this is definately one of those cheevies where you feel you really have achieved something haha.

pikmin34 08-08-2009 12:37 AM

I don't understand why people found it so difficult. I thought it was easier than normal mode. Just pay a little attention to the stage and don't take many risks and its easy. Don't go for the cake either (it is a lie after all). Only 2-4, 2-6, and 3-3 gave me any touble. All the others took me 2 or less tries. I'm not trying to brag or anything here but I just can't see what people found so frustrating.

BanditBanks 08-08-2009 01:03 AM

It only takes one level to cause stress.
1/50 was enough to make me pull my hair out.

Take out the, say 4 levels that cause stress and the game is just as easy as normal.
Sometimes easier since you already know what's around the next corner.

Still I agree it isn't the hardest thing in the game.
No no, the hardest thing is Co op 3-7 :/

Ham Woopan 08-08-2009 09:16 PM

This game is not hard at all.

And they're called Shooterbots.

DeviousD 08-09-2009 08:59 AM

Multiplayer is very laggy online so just play local with a friend much better no lag.

CutmanMike 08-10-2009 10:55 AM

I'm on 2-something where those laser robots are right at the start and further on where you're going up a platform. Pain in the ass.

I dead the multiplayer cake achievement more though. Is it me or do people just SUCK online?

Deviant_Thug 08-11-2009 12:09 AM

Done and done. Not too hard; mind you, level 2-4 was hell.

CutmanMike 08-11-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant_Thug (Post 2250084)
Done and done. Not too hard; mind you, level 2-4 was hell.

Yes it was. I finally did that last night. Now I'm on another level with those damn laser shooting buggers near the end. :mad:

red mist 85 08-11-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutmanMike (Post 2251258)
Yes it was. I finally did that last night. Now I'm on another level with those damn laser shooting buggers near the end. :mad:

I assume your talking about level 2-6 which is even worse than 4! Took me ages. The sentinels are a real pain in the arse. I just tried not to rush too much and sploded them when I got the chance. I'm on level 2-9 now. I'm dreading the next level that has those bloody sentinels in it.

Umbryx 08-11-2009 06:53 PM

I am now a splode king also hehe. That was a nuisance however and quite frankly, i felt it ruined the game a little, hardcore mode zaps the fun right out of it.

CunningFox 08-11-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbryx (Post 2252585)
I am now a splode king also hehe. That was a nuisance however and quite frankly, i felt it ruined the game a little, hardcore mode zaps the fun right out of it.

Well they do warn you of that in the game when you unlock hardcore mode.

It actually tells you that it is massochistic, cheap and stupid and you still did it. ;)

red mist 85 08-16-2009 04:10 PM

Wahey!! I finaly finished the game on hardcore. I too am now a splode king!! It took some doing though. Now, I just need to complete the multiplayer. I'm not going to continue with that until if and when they fix the lag problems. Here's hoping they do!

FakePlasticTree 08-16-2009 04:15 PM

3-9 drove me insane on hardcore, but I'm glad I got through it. It's one of the achievements I'm proudest of. Congrats!

Z ITz Grumpy Z 08-17-2009 12:37 AM

just got it

Halfsloshed 08-17-2009 01:13 AM

I'm up to 3-17, which I tried once, then took a break.

So far, the only thing Hardcore has been is just a showcase for the many flaws in this game.

I'll just be glad when I'm done. This game's SP got really boring, really fast.

Hopefully they'll patch MP. Looking forward to that.

Karachi King 08-17-2009 02:03 AM

What flaws are you referring to?

I've finished hardcore, and now I'm going back through trying to beat all the par times for levels, and I haven't really noticed any glaring mistakes...