XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bubble Bobble Neo (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1460)
-   -   Not Worth It... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175847)

xBSDx Assassin 09-16-2009 08:53 PM

Not Worth It...
 
in my opinion the playstation one version is better than neo because this one you have unlimited trys and theyve made it way to fast paced and you cant turn and shoot without moving!!! i mean you used to be able to turn without moving... anyway its a good idea to put in another 100 lvls but...well you had rainbow islands and rainbow islands enhanced on the ps1 version so in my opinion not worth buying...whats your opinion?

ExRev 09-17-2009 02:28 AM

The only thing that was ticking me off so far was my friend bought it this morning. I was over at his place this afternoon and we played. He got a few achievements, but as player two, when I met the goal for several achievements? Nothing.

Darth Cuda 09-17-2009 07:25 AM

I think the game is all kinds of awesome. Of course, i always have loved the game. I'm not sure why exactly, but i do.

Ooyah 09-17-2009 07:35 AM

I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, which isn't a good thing. Oh, and why did they have to update the classic music? :(

Other than that, looks good. But Bubble Bobble is such a finely tuned game that even the smallest of changes can unbalance it, as Taito have proved time and again when trying to make new versions of it. The original arcade version is still the best, with either the C64 or the Master System versions being the best conversions. Although the version on Taito Legends on the original Xbox was arcade perfect.

Still, really enjoyed my time on it last night, although I am rusty. I used to be able to get to level 60 on a single life, but not any more. :) Can't wait for some more time with it.

RenRenRen 09-17-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExRev (Post 2352947)
He got a few achievements, but as player two, when I met the goal for several achievements? Nothing.

It seems for some reason only the person who launches the game gets any achievements, or collection progress. They're also the only person who has control of the pause menu, regardless of who paused.

While other versions are much closer to the original, it is certainly easier than trying to setup my Spectrum or Saturn to play a quick game.

MC Kazoo 09-17-2009 12:42 PM

This was one of the first games I ever got to play. The NES version. So as compared to that, it feels ok. It does seem a little faster but that does not bug me. Good stuff, and for sure, to a fan of the series, a must have.

I do have one gripe though......

NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER?! WTF?!

xBSDx Assassin 09-17-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooyah (Post 2353375)
I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, which isn't a good thing. Oh, and why did they have to update the classic music? :(

Other than that, looks good. But Bubble Bobble is such a finely tuned game that even the smallest of changes can unbalance it, as Taito have proved time and again when trying to make new versions of it. The original arcade version is still the best, with either the C64 or the Master System versions being the best conversions. Although the version on Taito Legends on the original Xbox was arcade perfect.

Still, really enjoyed my time on it last night, although I am rusty. I used to be able to get to level 60 on a single life, but not any more. :) Can't wait for some more time with it.





LOL i could get to around lvl 60 to!

SuperWoody64 09-17-2009 11:36 PM

No online MP is a killer. Probably this game's death knell for me.
Let's protest for a free add-on or a cut in price. Fancy graphicsa that break a game do not a bigger price warrant, look at turtles in time.

NeoCypherPunk 09-18-2009 03:46 AM

[QUOTE=Ooyah;2353375]I haven't spent too long with it yet, but so far I only have a few concerns. The speed of movement seems a bit too fast, and the sprites seem bigger than they used to be, [QUOTE]

Yes, this is seriously messed up level 72 seemed a bit harder to do the bubble jump then normal. I dunno maybe I am rusty but a simple jump turn would do it, now you have to make sure you tap the stick/pad ever so slightly to do it.

ErinEsurance 09-18-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoCypherPunk
Yes, this is seriously messed up level 72 seemed a bit harder to do the bubble jump then normal. I dunno maybe I am rusty but a simple jump turn would do it, now you have to make sure you tap the stick/pad ever so slightly to do it.

That is the fault of the 360's terrible dpad (analog doesn't work for precision in this game imo), not the game. I tried 72 for 30 mins on my 360 controller and couldn't get it to work. Used my arcade stick and got it to work after like 2 tries.

Todaysforgotten 09-18-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinEsurance (Post 2357177)
That is the fault of the 360's terrible dpad (analog doesn't work for precision in this game imo), not the game. I tried 72 for 30 mins on my 360 controller and couldn't get it to work. Used my arcade stick and got it to work after like 2 tries.

Its rather easy with the analog. Just hug the wall and jump and tap to the right or left, then you can shoot bubbles. Usually get it on the first try.

Rintendo64 10-12-2009 03:53 PM

glad to know that i'm not the only person having trouble with lvl 72

HGONZ 10-05-2013 04:59 PM

Sounds like a fun game, gotta download it soon. Not looking forward to level 72 now though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.