XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1270)
-   -   Desoto dominator (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182501)

LordRhino1981 10-14-2009 05:36 PM

Desoto dominator
 
Just wondering about this...

Haven't completed the game yet, but I see the guides say you have to be in the mini games to get the extra upgrades, but on the annoying bagpipe one, I quit the mini game as I was on the gold part, and it slowed th car back to to normal speed and I was allowed to shoot the safe and sink, and it awarded me the prize.

My question to this is:

Does it effect the achievement

and the one thing I am not sure about is do I have to complete the gold trial? Or is it one prize for just the first drive and the safe shooting bits etc?

IEvil IMonkey 10-14-2009 08:48 PM

All i can say is I followed the guide when it came to these and I got the achieve on the completon of the last one..... 200/200 =)

Dathcha 10-15-2009 12:34 PM

Amazing how difficult and annoying the Gold level for the Bagpipe mini-game is...

I wish there was a way to make it easier... But I guess I will have to start memorising the pattern...

IEvil IMonkey 10-15-2009 05:07 PM

I didnt have a clue what was going on or if indeed there was any kind of "pattern"...
... I just made sure I hit as many bagpipes as I could haha =)

Seraphim Lloyd 10-16-2009 06:05 AM

The achievement isnt unlocking and I got all the decals. I did however miss a few but I loaded up the episodes I missed them on and I now have all of them. Any advice because I really dont want to start the entire game over again.

tastefulmrship 10-16-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphim Lloyd (Post 2445238)
The achievement isnt unlocking and I got all the decals. I did however miss a few but I loaded up the episodes I missed them on and I now have all of them. Any advice because I really dont want to start the entire game over again.

I feared this would be the case! I will try to confrm with an alternate account today, but I suggest going back to WHAT'S NEW BEELEZBUB & talking to THE COPS again. They SHOULD* tell you that you have all decals & upgrades and then give you the UBER UPGRADE!



(* this is still speculation until someone confirms it!)

Seraphim Lloyd 10-16-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastefulmrship (Post 2445295)
I feared this would be the case! I will try to confrm with an alternate account today, but I suggest going back to WHAT'S NEW BEELEZBUB & talking to THE COPS again. They SHOULD* tell you that you have all decals & upgrades and then give you the UBER UPGRADE!



(* this is still speculation until someone confirms it!)

Is the uber upgrade the possesed car because thats what I ended up with before I got the achievement and thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

tastefulmrship 10-16-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphim Lloyd (Post 2445299)
Is the uber upgrade the possesed car because thats what I ended up with before I got the achievement and thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

No, the five DeSoto upgrades are as follows;
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)


EDIT: Just to confirm the DESOTO DOMINATOR achievement if you go back to replay any of the mini-games:
Once you've got all decals for an Episode, SAVE it (either MANUALLY or via AUTO-SAVE) and QUIT to main-menu. (IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE IT HAS SAVED! If not, you will have to do the mini-game again! The upgrade WILL NOT appear on the DeSoto in later Episodes!)
When you're happy you have all 20 decals (or at least the 15 from Episodes 1, 2 & 3), play WHAT'S NEW BEELZEBUB? and select your last SAVE GAME.
- If you've already completed the Episode 5 mini-game, then talk to THE C.O.P.S. again and ask to play their game. Then press Y to quit the game and BACK to return to STRAIGHT STREET. You will then get the UBER UPGRADE and the achievement.
- If you've NOT completed Episode 5 mini-game, then play as described in the guide.

mortenl 10-17-2009 11:40 AM

I knew these driving minigames would cause me problems. On release day I had at least 30 tries to get the gold decal in the whack zombies with cds game, but could not do it. Today I got it on my 1st attempt.

I used to suck at Paperboy as well, so I guess that has something to do with it.

BrotherMagneto 10-18-2009 04:32 PM

I nailed the gold bagpipe level the first time. The key seems to be to use the front corners of the car to hit the pipes, rather than running right over them - so you're basically just swerving in to clip them, then swerving away again. You'll still hit the accordions some of the time but you can still finish using this method.

Edit: another interesting thing I just realized. You have to finish a level to register the final decal and get the upgrade, you can't just return to the garage. I realized on Episode 2 I was missing the actual upgrade from Episode 1, because I got the 'YOU ROCK' animation from getting all the decals in Episode 2. I went back to an Ep1 save, got the last decal, finished the round, then it went back to the garage and did the animation there too, awarding me the reward. Loaded my Ep2 save and lo and behold, the upgrade is there on the car.

At least it's not being overly punitive and making me play through Ep1 and the first part of Ep2 again!

IEvil IMonkey 10-19-2009 11:07 AM

This is all very odd as I got ALL the decals on my 1st time playthrough and didnt get any problems like people are reporting here.... maybe you're doingsomething wrong.... or im just lucky I guess =)

Royal Taco 10-21-2009 03:34 AM

Absoluetly make sure you see the upgrade added to the car before finishing the episode, not just get the decals, for some reason i didn't recieve the first one and had to go back.

mjc0961 10-21-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortenl (Post 2448503)
I knew these driving minigames would cause me problems. On release day I had at least 30 tries to get the gold decal in the whack zombies with cds game, but could not do it. Today I got it on my 1st attempt.

I used to suck at Paperboy as well, so I guess that has something to do with it.

That one is proving to be quite a pain in my ass as well. Last one I need to beat before I can get the achievement, but damn it's annoying.

EDIT: Okay, cool. Right after posting that I found a strategy that worked well for me. I played with the antenna still attatched, got as close to the upcoming zombie as I could and pressed B when the antenna was touching the zombie. It worked well enough to get my 25th CD delivered right as the clock ran out and they gave me the decal and vehicle upgrade. Time to head back to episode 5 and get an achievement! :D

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, I stayed on the left side of the road for that. Probably wouldn't work on the right considering the angle of the camera.

ncczjx611 10-27-2009 09:49 AM

Now I have got all the decals but i still can't get the final upgrade and the relative achievement. I have stuck in the mini-game-in Episode2 (hitting the Bagpipe ) for 2days I want to know should i beat the gold level in order to get the achievement? Any other alternatives? thanks

fat_tony 10-27-2009 11:11 AM

None of the stuff for the bonus decals seems to load up in my game. The first mini-game took about half an hour after I'd hit all the other items for the blimp to appear and now on the bagpipe game the safe, kitchen sink and tyre just don't show up. The sink was there a while ago but now wont appear, even though I definitely didn't hit it!

This is so annoying!!!

tastefulmrship 10-27-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncczjx611 (Post 2479213)
Now I have got all the decals but i still can't get the final upgrade and the relative achievement. I have stuck in the mini-game-in Episode2 (hitting the Bagpipe ) for 2days I want to know should i beat the gold level in order to get the achievement? Any other alternatives? thanks

You need to get GOLD in all 4 mini-games to get the upgrades. Once you have all 4 go back to WHAT'S NEW, BEELEZUB? to get the 5th, and final, upgrade (achievement unlocked). B.O.U. is the hardest mini-game made even harder by the fact you cannot control the DeSoto while shooting objects, like you can on the PC version! Dang you to hell, TellTale!

There is no other way to do this; other than GAMESAVING of course... and we wouldn't want to do that now, would we? No, no, no matron!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat_tony (Post 2479335)
None of the stuff for the bonus decals seems to load up in my game. The first mini-game took about half an hour after I'd hit all the other items for the blimp to appear and now on the bagpipe game the safe, kitchen sink and tyre just don't show up. The sink was there a while ago but now wont appear, even though I definitely didn't hit it!
This is so annoying!!!

As annoying as the INSULT SWORDFIGHTING last few insults?
Just keep at it and they will eventually appear. Make sure SAM is always shooting, even during the COPS dialogue between games. Be careful when mashing [B] to skip dialogue, as this causes SAM to sit back down! Bad choice of button there, methinks!

I had to play through that mini-game 5 times while confirming the achievement and it didn't get any easier or less annoying. I have less hair on my head to prove it!

fat_tony 10-27-2009 06:27 PM

I eventually got them all, just took ages for some of them to pop up!

At least with the insult swordfighting you get a bit of a chuckle while doing it, rather than the voice of the COPS that sounds like Morbo from Futurama going "FAILURE"!

Now I'm just stuck on the Gold bagpipes level!

ncczjx611 10-28-2009 03:09 AM

finally got fully 200 When I finish the Gold bagpipes i thought i just got luck. Speical Thanks to tastefulmrship for your advice

Arenazombie 10-30-2009 09:24 AM

I got 20 decals on my desoto (counted several times) and finished all gold levels but I still don't get the achievement.
When I talk to the COPS on "Whats new belzebub" they keep saying: We can't do something for your car because its possesed and evil.
Whats your advise? Should I complete all gold stages again?

edit:
Got it now after all
I just had to replay the First Mini Game. I failed at the challenge of hitting 60 toys this time but after that the COPS told me that I now have every decal for that.
Anyway I just replayed that minigame and didn't do anything. Think its just glitched.

Earthworm Jim 11-27-2009 04:12 PM

Final Challenge Man vs. Rats
 
How in the lords name do you kill 45 rats in 60 secs without the car ripping off your kills?? am i missing something? cause that seems a heck of a lot harder than the bagpipes (which was a challenge i admit).
There MUST be something obvious i am missing because it is HARD. I don't think i should have to apply my best modern warfare aiming tactics to beat this.
help??

Earthworm Jim 12-14-2009 02:17 PM

Help! lol
Want to finish this puppy off
anyone have insight or answer?

darkboy1200 01-31-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastefulmrship (Post 2445378)
No, the five DeSoto upgrades are as follows;
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)


EDIT: Just to confirm the DESOTO DOMINATOR achievement if you go back to replay any of the mini-games:
Once you've got all decals for an Episode, SAVE it (either MANUALLY or via AUTO-SAVE) and QUIT to main-menu. (IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE IT HAS SAVED! If not, you will have to do the mini-game again! The upgrade WILL NOT appear on the DeSoto in later Episodes!)
When you're happy you have all 20 decals (or at least the 15 from Episodes 1, 2 & 3), play WHAT'S NEW BEELZEBUB? and select your last SAVE GAME.
- If you've already completed the Episode 5 mini-game, then talk to THE C.O.P.S. again and ask to play their game. Then press Y to quit the game and BACK to return to STRAIGHT STREET. You will then get the UBER UPGRADE and the achievement.
- If you've NOT completed Episode 5 mini-game, then play as described in the guide.

I got all the decals and still have no lights. Should I just restart episode 5?

dragonc1aw 02-01-2010 12:36 PM

I was able to get the extra decals outside of the bagpipe minigame, i got the kitchen sink and the safe by hitting :ybut: during the game and then shooting the targets.

tastefulmrship 02-02-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkboy1200 (Post 2743453)
I got all the decals and still have no lights. Should I just restart episode 5?

!IMPORTANT! Make sure you have all 20 decals (press A on the boot/trunk of the DeSoto) and all 4 MYSTERY UPGRADES. If not, replay the mini-games until they are all there!
When happy, load up Episode 5 (if not already in Episode 5).
Speak to The C.O.P.S. (in the garage).
Ask to play their game again.
Quit out of the rat-splat mini-game.
You will get your UBER MYSTERY UPGRADE and achievement.

owtkastbabyboi 04-19-2010 03:02 AM

My car is always dead @ the start of episode 5. It wont even let me do the car game anymore. I'm blown because I refuse to do this whole game again and i know i have all the decals

owtkastbabyboi 05-05-2010 11:13 PM

Never mind. dumb bastard me I had the wrong hard drive in so naturally nothing saved. 200'd it

fat_tony 06-23-2010 10:23 PM

Finally! I came back to this game tonight and managed to finish it off. Those bagpipes were an absolute nightmare but I got there eventually. I swear I must have just got lucky though!

That's the full 200 for this now!

SkyJin 06-28-2010 01:38 PM

I can't find the sink on the bagpipe level, nowhere to be seen. :( Any pointers?

Mad Serg 12-04-2010 09:28 PM

Tryed to find sink and save on 2-nd level. I saw sunk twice, and save none. Was 30 minutes driving and non-stop shooting left-side. Mb i shoul get slver or gold level? I feel so stupid and so frustrating...

keung 01-11-2012 04:31 PM

I cannot find the sink either. I have only the stickers from the first level on my trunk, and I haven't gotten any other decals from this episode. I've seen the balloon and the tire. I just have no clue where to look or what to look for. My eyes hurt from trying to find anything while the buildings are moving :(

Edit: Finally got it. I had to get the other decals in order for it to appear. It's thrown off from very high up, so keep your eyes in the roof area of the tallest building on the right side and it should soon enough be thrown out from there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.